Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wco81
OK, that makes sense.

No status on OW. So either Priority Pass lounges or OW or FL.
Actually no access to the AA Flagship Lounge either, but rather the AA Admirals Club with a J ticket (without OWE status).

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 24, 2016 at 12:51 am Reason: Corrected invalid quote syntax
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: delta dm
OT but can you only access T4 from the new walkway from the TBIT intl terminal?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Actually no access to the AA Flagship Lounge either, but rather the AA Admirals Club with a J ticket (without OWE status).
Ah that's what I meant, the AC in T4. No guests for that either.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 24, 2016 at 12:51 am Reason: Corrected invalid quote syntax
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Care to elaborate?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, TBIT is connected to T4, T4 is connected to T5, T5 is connected to T6, and T6 is connected to T7, and T7 is connected to T8.

See http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=246 for a map.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JDiver
Further discussion related to the TBIT - T4 connector should be carried out in the TBIT - T4 airside connector thread. See

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eb-2016-a.html.

Thank you,

/Moderator
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, TBIT is connected to T4, T4 is connected to T5, T5 is connected to T6, and T6 is connected to T7, and T7 is connected to T8.

See http://www.lawa.org/welcome_LAX.aspx?id=246 for a map.
The T4 is connected to the T5 bone...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: delta dm
I cleared customs and immigration a few weeks ago in LA and a lax employee said you could only go to T4 which I thought was wrong but I wanted to get some fresh air outside anyway. Im assuming by using the walkway you dont have to reclear security.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cleared customs and immigration a few weeks ago in LA and a lax employee said you could only go to T4 which I thought was wrong but I wanted to get some fresh air outside anyway. Im assuming by using the walkway you dont have to reclear security.
You have to clear security in the walkway to T4. After that you have behind security access to to T4-T8.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You arrive landslide after clearing immigration and customs at LAX. The T-4 <-> TBIT airside connector thread shows where the connector has a security point just as you are exiting TBIT to your right before you exit the door to kerbside.

This thread is about the TBIT oneworld LOUNGES. Please read the connector thread; it is illustrated and has detailed information. Thank you.

/Moderator
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
I'm flying NRT-LAX on JL F and then connecting to SEA through AS.

This was booked as an AA award ticket.

Is my interpretation of the rules correct that I don't get any OW lounge access since my connecting leg is not OW operated, but OW marketed?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dafonz
I'm flying NRT-LAX on JL F and then connecting to SEA through AS.

This was booked as an AA award ticket.

Is my interpretation of the rules correct that I don't get any OW lounge access since my connecting leg is not OW operated, but OW marketed?
Unfortunately, in LAX, yep. In NRT, enjoy the JL F Lounge.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Unfortunately, in LAX, yep. In NRT, enjoy the JL F Lounge.
Too bad. Thanks for the info!

Guess I'll have to see what priority pass offers... ugh
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
No *O lounges, but if you are traveling in First from LAX you should have access to the Alaska Airlines Board Room: (http://www.alaskaair.com/content/air...and-rules.aspx)
Passengers traveling on a paid First Class or a First Class award ticket (e.g., A, D, F or P class of service) on flights operated by Alaska Airlines have access to Board Room locations only on their day of flight.
Also check the Wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

Last edited by serfty; Oct 25, 2016 at 2:08 am
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Has anyone been successful using the lounge upon arrival? I was turned down today (not surprised) on arrival. I just wanted to go to the lounge, plug in, and get a bit of work done before heading out. Just curious.

I ended up using my priority pass to go to the Korean lounge (which isn't my favorite).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.