Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by ResQTekBill
A positive step indeed, I just received this email....

"
Your Business ExtraSM points will soon take you even farther. We are excited to announce that starting October 1st you can now redeem Business Extra points for flights across the entire American, American Eagle, US Airways, and US Airways Express network. With nearly 6,700 flights per day to 339 destinations in 54 countries, we're giving your company more choice and more value.
Good to know!

Hopefully this means that earning on US with 003 ticket stock is not far off as well.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:23 pm

I'm trying to check upgrade inventory using a BXP3 award. Can someone please let me know what inventory a BXP3 award books into on a 3-class flight to Asia (upgrade from coach to business). Does the award book into C like a SWU or should I be checking for some other availability?

Thanks,
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:52 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ross0
I'm trying to check upgrade inventory using a BXP3 award. Can someone please let me know what inventory a BXP3 award books into on a 3-class flight to Asia (upgrade from coach to business). Does the award book into C like a SWU or should I be checking for some other availability?

Thanks,
Yes you are looking for the same inventory buckets as SWU and Miles+Co-pay
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
Yes you are looking for the same inventory buckets as SWU and Miles+Co-pay
Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I wish they would allow flight changes on BE awards, without a fee if the origination and destination remain the same
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mvoight
I wish they would allow flight changes on BE awards, without a fee if the origination and destination remain the same
I agree, especially for EXP. I have 2 very pain in the ... routings coming back from China (PEK-ORD-PIA-DFW) while I'm waiting for the ORD-DFW nonstop to open. Sadly I will have to drop $300 to change that routing when it does.

I understand on an international itinerary I cant do same day standby, but am I able to do a CFC?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: AA
Good use of business extra anytime award?

I have a BX1D anytime award that needs to be booked within the next month. Since the award is an anytime award and not a mileage saver, I am looking for AA desitnations that are typically hard to redeem miles to. Can anyone offer suggestions as to destinations within US, Canada, and Mexico that typically DONT have low level mileage award seats?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:23 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Recent posts about BE promotions have been moved over to the Bonuses thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post23616393

/Moderator
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ngalliance
I have a BX1D anytime award that needs to be booked within the next month. Since the award is an anytime award and not a mileage saver, I am looking for AA desitnations that are typically hard to redeem miles to. Can anyone offer suggestions as to destinations within US, Canada, and Mexico that typically DONT have low level mileage award seats?
Curious. Why does it have to be used next month. Reward points expire on Dec 31 in the third year. So, after you redeem an award, you then have a year to book the ticket, and a year to use the ticket once booked.
In any case, why don't you pick a place you want to go to? If the ticket has to be booked by next month, you still have a lot of leeway in when to use it and where. That leaves quite a few possibilities. What is the point about knowing what destinations are not available low mileage if you don't want to go there. Pick a spot and go there.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
What is the point about knowing what destinations are not available low mileage if you don't want to go there. Pick a spot and go there.
+1,000
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ngalliance
It's often not a difference in destination or availability, it's often a difference in routing and/or a difference in availability on specific dates! So it's a near impossible question to answer in general.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:06 am

Can BusinessExtrAA upgrade awards be used on USAirways? The wording on the site is ambitious on this.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Can anyone sign up for the business extra program? Even sole proprietorships? I didn't even know about this, seems like there's no reason to not double dip if you're buying AA fares all the time?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by frudd38
Can anyone sign up for the business extra program? Even sole proprietorships? I didn't even know about this, seems like there's no reason to not double dip if you're buying AA fares all the time?
I believe the business has to have at least two employees.

Go to the Business Extra website and read their T&Cs carefully so you know what they expect.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:39 pm

I'm a little unclear on how the upgrade certificates work. Am I right that I have to 'purchase' one for a specific flight at a specific time? In other words, let's say I have 3100 points, and I want to upgrade JFK-LAX, so I redeem 650 points for the certificate. So now I have 2450 points. Then assume the upgrade doesn't clear. Now, I am left with 2450 points and a BXP1 certificate?

In other words, I can't 'refund' the certificate, then use the 3100 miles on a BXP2 upgrade JFK-LHR, right?

By comparison, if I wanted to upgrade JFK-LAX using stickers, I would need 5 stickers, I could request an upgrade, but if the upgrade doesn't clear, the stickers are unused, and I can use a few more stickers to upgrade JFK-ZRH or whatever. I think the BE upgrade system is less flexible but it wasn't totally clear to me.

I've only earned points, not redeemed any yet, but trying to learn the ins and outs before I do - thanks in advance for any tips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.