Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA + LUS Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2015 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines (Including Legacy US Airways) Celebrity Sightings (and Related) for 2015

MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, US Airways, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2014 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived legacy US Airways Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] AA + LUS Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2015 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by linire
Neil Patrick Harris in F on #333 BOS-LAX on August 12
Hope he like the "enhanced transcon" service on BOS-LAX.....ironic since he did the A321T ads lol
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG LT Gold, HHonors Silver
Well, it was a good old 737. He was in 6E, don't know if he really had an "enhanced" experience or not. I can confirm that the polenta tasted pretty decent!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Sat next to Frances Fisher ABQ-LAX in the exit row on a Devil's Chariot CR2 today. Nice lady and she offered me some of her almonds.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA: Plat
Kris Kristifferson in Austin

Just found this thread! US Airways flight from AUS to CLT just after Willie's 4th of July picnic.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Ferguson Jenkins in F on #1444 PHX-ORD today.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
20150830 AA24 4A Andre Iguodala can easily reach overhead bin while sitting down.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright in the MIA D15 AC this morning. She speaks very loudly. I was sitting at least ten yards away, but could hear her side of the conversation very clearly. It was just small talk with another woman, though she did mention the clinching of a 34th Senator for the Iran deal.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by coolcoil
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright in the MIA D15 AC this morning. She speaks very loudly. I was sitting at least ten yards away, but could hear her side of the conversation very clearly. It was just small talk with another woman, though she did mention the clinching of a 34th Senator for the Iran deal.
I wonder if she's a Flyertalker.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Am I the only person here who wouldn't recognize a celebrity if he/she bit me on the leg? I just can't pick 'em out of a crowd.

Mike
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mikeef
Am I the only person here who wouldn't recognize a celebrity if he/she bit me on the leg? I just can't pick 'em out of a crowd.

Mike
I usually cannot either. The only time I've picked them out is if I have seen their work or, in the case of John Nienstedt, been to a mass of his. If I've met then before, I could probably pick them out too. But I can count on one hand the number of famous people I've met.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by United747
I usually cannot either. The only time I've picked them out is if I have seen their work or, in the case of John Nienstedt, been to a mass of his. If I've met then before, I could probably pick them out too. But I can count on one hand the number of famous people I've met.

I certainly suck at this - I literally ran into Prince Charles once (I didn't see him - and his body guard was too slow).

One day I was in the Miami Admiral's club and was surprised to see some cops at the door - it was rather full so I sat at the only table that had only one person - and we talked for maybe 25 minutes about computers and smart phones - he looked a little familiar but nobody I recognized. At some point some club attendant came and said "Governor Bush, your plane is ready" - and an extra table of entourage got up and they left the club.

I was also talking to some famous singer (forgot the name) on a flight to JFK - and people kept asking for autographs - and I kept trying to read his boarding pass (I could not read his signature) - I had asked the FA when exiting who it was and she told me - but I can't remember now.

Anyhow - have a couple of those stories

Last edited by flying_geek; Sep 4, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by flying_geek
I certainly suck at this - I literally ran into Prince Charles once (I didn't see him - and his body guard was too slow). I was in the Miami Admiral's club and was surprised to see some cops at the door - it was rather full so I sat at the only table that had only one person - and we talked for maybe 25 minutes about computers and smart phones - he looked a little familiar but nobody I recognized. At some point some club attendant came and said "Governor Bush, your plane is ready" - and an extra table of entourage got up and they left the club.
I don't think Prince Charles looks anything like Bush.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I sat next to Diplo the EDM dj in F from LAS-MIA once. I like EDM. He spent the whole flight passed out (it was a 6am flight and I can imagine what his Thursday night was like ).
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Members of the 'post-grunge' band Fuel took over F on AA 495 this morning to LAX. Flight left PHX @ 10 am & the lead singer positively reeked of alcohol
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:39 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I sat next to Garry Marshall once, but didn't realise it til after the fact when I asked the FA who was chummy w/ him. It happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.