Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA + LUS Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2015 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines (Including Legacy US Airways) Celebrity Sightings (and Related) for 2015

MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, US Airways, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2014 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived legacy US Airways Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] AA + LUS Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2015 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
He seemed normal enough but there was one thing that was weird. He was listed in the manifest with some special notation that the FA did not recognize. She came over and talked to him about it, I think it said it looked like he was a nonrev or something. She was surprised at the notation - "I've never seen that before!"

Clearly Ben gets special treatment from AA. I don't know if it is CK or what, but AA knows when he is flying, and I am sure goes out of their way to make his travel easier. Point being, take everything on his blog with a grain of salt - just because it happened to him does not mean it would happen to you.
That's incorrect, he's had more than a few issues with AA, as you can tell from his whiney blog posts.

AA doesn't track bloggers, at least not at the airport agent level. Social Media may have a person watching them, though.

Also, considering that flight attendants are not Sabre trained, I'm not surprised they don't know what the codes on the manifest mean. You'd be surprised how often gate/ticket agents don't know them and their job actually works in Sabre.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:24 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Sitting next to Tennis Channel CEO Ken Solomon right now on AA0022 right now. He did the typical Hollywood move of leaving his BP out so I knew who he was. Anyway, he's the guy who stood up for Israeli tennis players that were looking to compete in Dubai. Organised a boycott that saw sponsorship and Andy Roddick leave before Dubai capitulated.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uxb
Sitting next to Tennis Channel CEO Ken Solomon right now on AA0022 right now. He did the typical Hollywood move of leaving his BP out so I knew who he was. Anyway, he's the guy who stood up for Israeli tennis players that were looking to compete in Dubai. Organised a boycott that saw sponsorship and Andy Roddick leave before Dubai capitulated.
Uhhh... boarding pass or not, 99.9999% of the population likely have absolutely no idea who the CEO of the Tennis Channel is; "celebrity" seems a bit of a stretch.

Regards
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by uxb
He did the typical Hollywood move of leaving his BP out so I knew who he was.
And here I though the move is to call ahead to the paparazzi are there when you arrive...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
He seemed normal enough but there was one thing that was weird. He was listed in the manifest with some special notation that the FA did not recognize. She came over and talked to him about it, I think it said it looked like he was a nonrev or something. She was surprised at the notation - "I've never seen that before!"

Clearly Ben gets special treatment from AA. I don't know if it is CK or what, but AA knows when he is flying, and I am sure goes out of their way to make his travel easier. Point being, take everything on his blog with a grain of salt - just because it happened to him does not mean it would happen to you.
I doubt he is CK or he would say it. CK is just coded as CK. Since he is not allowed to fly UA (due to past improprieties), I doubt he gets special treatment on AA. AS is his main other option. It could be that he is coded for AA to pay special attention, in case he tries any tricks for IRROPs, etc.

Although it could also mean - avoid any issues and make sure he gets normal service so he doesn't write about bad service. I don't think the airlines view him as a celebrity.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by cova
I doubt he is CK or he would say it. CK is just coded as CK. Since he is not allowed to fly UA (due to past improprieties), I doubt he gets special treatment on AA. AS is his main other option. It could be that he is coded for AA to pay special attention, in case he tries any tricks for IRROPs, etc.

Although it could also mean - avoid any issues and make sure he gets normal service so he doesn't write about bad service. I don't think the airlines view him as a celebrity.
CK is not coded as CK, it's KEY.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:51 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by scubadu
Uhhh... boarding pass or not, 99.9999% of the population likely have absolutely no idea who the CEO of the Tennis Channel is; "celebrity" seems a bit of a stretch.

Regards
Wasn't aware this was where we debate a notable person's status/celebrity. I mean, the guy had a career in TV that goes back decades, so IMHO it counts.

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
And here I though the move is to call ahead to the paparazzi are there when you arrive...
Haha! Leaving the BP on the armrest is the passive-aggressive way of informing the other person DYKWIA without actually ever having a conversation.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Brit Hume 3E AA2239 DFW-DCA. Dude is pretty tall, ~6'2"
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Saw David Axelrod and his assistant on a CLT-ORD flight in the beginning of October. Both were nice but clearly exhausted from racing across the CLT airport to make the flight.

Originally Posted by drewp123
I sat next to Diplo the EDM dj in F from LAS-MIA once. I like EDM. He spent the whole flight passed out (it was a 6am flight and I can imagine what his Thursday night was like ).
I sat next to him on a JFK-LAX flight about 2 years ago in J. Noticed him in the gate area before boarding and he slept the entire flight. Struck up a conversation with him upon landing - "You wouldn't happen to be Diplo, would you?" Got to compliment him on one of his BBC mixes. Cool guy!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
David Gahan of the band Depeche Mode in LAX Flagship Lounge 10/20. Very friendly and engaging with some other Unidentified talent and regular people. Looked good. Discussed country music and Nashville.

There are a few others here but I can't place the name.

It's why the LAX F lounge is the best for talent spotting.

Edit - he is on LAX JFK 256 with w/gf in row 4. Susan Sarandon also onboard but she is sitting behind me. A rock guitarist that I recognize is also on board but can't place the name.

Last edited by george 3; Oct 20, 2015 at 3:29 pm
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Jack McBrayer (who played Kenneth on 30 Rock) at the JFK Terminal 8 priority area (AA premium class check-in), 2pm Sunday 10/18.

Looked for him in the Flagship Lounge later, but if he was flying to LAX he probably walked directly to the remote concourse Admirals Club rather than the combined Flagship/ Admirals complex at the main terminal.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
10/24 AA1100 LGA-DFW - Flavor Flav with a slew of entourage spread between F and Y.

10/24 AA1148 DFW-LGA - sat next to Carla Guglio. Couldn't remember where I remembered her from until I got home and IMDB'd it to realize she was the female lead in San Andreas that I watched on my transcontin flight last month.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
10/24 AA1100 LGA-DFW - Flavor Flav with a slew of entourage spread between F and Y.

10/24 AA1148 DFW-LGA - sat next to Carla Guglio. Couldn't remember where I remembered her from until I got home and IMDB'd it to realize she was the female lead in San Andreas that I watched on my transcontin flight last month.
Gugino?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:32 am

Probably not a good idea to post when high profile passengers are actually onboard certain flights. Makes it way too easy for them and people around them to be harassed by the scumbags that work for TMZ and the like.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:09 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon

OMG Flava Flav! So jealous you saw him. I once saw New York (Tiffany) with her then boo Tailor Made at DL JFK T2 and got really excited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.