Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA + LUS Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2015 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines (Including Legacy US Airways) Celebrity Sightings (and Related) for 2015

MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, US Airways, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived 2014 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived legacy US Airways Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] AA + LUS Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2015 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Just got off a DFW-LAX flight with Ben Schlappig (does he count?) and someone else who looked VERY familiar. Some of the AA staff was fawning over him, but I don't watch much TV so honestly I have no idea. An older guy that I usually associate with bow ties and late night comedy, but that may not be accurate.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
Just got off a DFW-LAX flight with Ben Schlappig (does he count?) and someone else who looked VERY familiar. Some of the AA staff was fawning over him, but I don't watch much TV so honestly I have no idea. An older guy that I usually associate with bow ties and late night comedy, but that may not be accurate.
He was in Rolling Stone.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bcj1949
Remember riding in I think MD80 many years ago when Bill Crandall came aboard with his entourage.
Robert?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rons2112
Just found this thread! US Airways flight from AUS to CLT just after Willie's 4th of July picnic.
It sure does look like him. But according to this http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...son-net-worth/ his net worth is $160M. Surprised if he's worth that much he doesn't have or lease a private jet.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Just got off a DFW-LAX flight with Ben Schlappig (does he count?)
LOL!!!! No, silly.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by inpd
It sure does look like him. But according to this his net worth is $160M. Surprised if he's worth that much he doesn't have or lease a private jet.
Here's a picture of his wife. Kinda looks like the same lady:

Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by inpd
It sure does look like him. But according to this http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...son-net-worth/ his net worth is $160M. Surprised if he's worth that much he doesn't have or lease a private jet.
Just because he has money doesn't mean he flying in PVT jet. For what it's worth, Kris is very much a down to earth person just like his wife, so I don't find it odd that they commercial.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just got off a DFW-LAX flight with Ben Schlappig (does he count?)
Oh lord I would truly not want to be on a flight with him and his self importance.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:04 am

I'm pretty sure I talked with Jerry Brown about the Republican debate on the TV in the LAX Flagship on 16 September.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Oh lord I would truly not want to be on a flight with him and his self importance.
He seemed normal enough but there was one thing that was weird. He was listed in the manifest with some special notation that the FA did not recognize. She came over and talked to him about it, I think it said it looked like he was a nonrev or something. She was surprised at the notation - "I've never seen that before!"

Clearly Ben gets special treatment from AA. I don't know if it is CK or what, but AA knows when he is flying, and I am sure goes out of their way to make his travel easier. Point being, take everything on his blog with a grain of salt - just because it happened to him does not mean it would happen to you.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Bill Murray this morning on flt 835 PHL-CLT.

Based on the number of people who were talking about him while deboarding, he is clearly a well-liked (loved?) man.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Bill Murray this morning on flt 835 PHL-CLT
I wondered why he was in Philly, until I read:
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/t...a-wedding.html
Old Oct 3, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Former CIA director General Michael Hayden was in the DFW T3 AC last night.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
He seemed normal enough but there was one thing that was weird. He was listed in the manifest with some special notation that the FA did not recognize. She came over and talked to him about it, I think it said it looked like he was a nonrev or something. She was surprised at the notation - "I've never seen that before!"

Clearly Ben gets special treatment from AA. I don't know if it is CK or what, but AA knows when he is flying, and I am sure goes out of their way to make his travel easier. Point being, take everything on his blog with a grain of salt - just because it happened to him does not mean it would happen to you.
I'm guessing there are VIP and CIP like designations. With VIP being "influencers" like certain bloggers, celebrities, etc. and CIP being those that spend big $$$, thus being commercially important.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
<Off-topic>Wow. I must refute FlightNurse's statement. Ben is an amazingly down-to-earth, generous person. </off-topic>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.