Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals and US Club changes, closures, consolidations etc. (Master Thread)

Please edit/add to this Wikipost with any done, confirmed, announced or pending Admirals Club changes
(not wishful, speculative or possible changes).

Lounge links

Link
to Admirals Clubs and affiliated lounges locations and amenities guide on aa.com.

Link to oneworld lounge locations and access tool on oneworld.com.

Link to FlyerTalk AA Lounge Dashboard

Note: American Airlines and US Airways terminal changes can be found here.

LOCATIONS, CLOSURES, CONSOLIDATIONS Etc.

All US Airways Clubs have been rebranded as Admirals Clubs.

Admirals Clubs are following US Airways Club tradition of serving soup.

AA- US "exchange" programs have been implemented at some Clubs so both AA and US Club users can be assisted by redeployed "AAngels" with computers (e.g. DFW Clubs now have US assistance counters and personnel).

ATL: Concourse T Admirals Club only staffed by AA personnel, no computer system installed to allow assisting US pax. (11/22/2014)

BUF: 2015, changed to November, BUF / Buffalo a Club to close.

DCA: US Airways Club in t-B rebadged as Admirals Club. Member dtremit says "To be clear, the small US club in the "B/C" pier (formerly a UA club) was closed and consolidated into the adjacent AC. The large US club on the "C" pier is still open."

DFW: Admirals Clubs now have "out stationed" US personnel for assistance.

GRU: Admirals Club closed for renovations beginning December 1, 2014 as construction of a new club in Terminal 3 begins. New AC is expected to open in 2015. AC Members may use the GRU Executive Club in T3 until the new AC opens.

LAX: US Airways Club closed. AS lounge in T6 (near US gates) now available for AC members, transcon premium cabin ticket holders on AA or US, and under oneworld access rules when flying US or AA.

PHL US Airways B/C Club rebadged, has AA Personnel available, at least weekday mornings until 10am (not sure about after this time frame). In A-East, Admirals Club opened, has US Personnel available.

RDU: US Airways Club closed.

SJU: The Admirals Club® lounge at San Juan Luis Muñoz Marin International (SJU) permanently closed 30 Dec 2015.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
AA tweeted yesterday or the day before that the US Club at DCA had now become an Admiral's Club.

I wonder if they're making some minor improvements to spruce it up as part of the conversion?
I emailed the Winston Salem Clubs email address. They claim there are still two clubs. They don't seem to be in the loop on a closure. I suppose we'll find out once someone talks to the local AC in the middle pier or once someone reports back on any signage at the original US Club.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
I noticed yesterday at DCA that the signage at the elevators and reception desk in the C concourse club has been changed to AA/AC.
Someone else confirmed that the DCA club did not permanently close but was converted to the AC branding. We are back to two clubs at DCA.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:55 am

US Clubs with Citi Prestige soon?

As of a few months ago, you can get access to Admiral Clubs but not US clubs with the Citi Prestige card. Since all US clubs will soon be AC, does this mean I will be able to access them all by next year?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Admirals and US Club changes, closures, consolidations etc. (Master Thread)

Sometime between when I left last Sunday and arrived today, the US Club at BDL changed to being branded as an Admirals Club. Did not have time to go in either time to compare offerings, but the outside logo and branding has changed.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:28 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Andy Richardson
As of a few months ago, you can get access to Admiral Clubs but not US clubs with the Citi Prestige card. Since all US clubs will soon be AC, does this mean I will be able to access them all by next year?
My understanding is it will depend on when they move the computer system used in the US Club to the AA AC system.

I, too, am waiting for the switch to happen. My BA status expires in October, so after that I will not have lounge access on the US side until the switch takes place.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Rebranding in Progress

Charlotte USAirways Club in B is now re-branded as Admirals Club
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation

Fellow members: I've got a wiki going and suggested format so we can keep up with the changes and be more informed for our travels. The wiki is an easier method than reading growing threads with posts including opinions, etc. though those are always welcome and useful for those with a bit more time.

The wiki is our way of "crowd sourcing" and tapping into the powerful FlyerTalk "brain trust", which will possibly even be more important as threads proliferate and grow, further changes come about because of the merger, etc. anyone with ninety days and ninety posts can edit a wiki post. ^

It would be helpful to our members if you notice a closure, consolidation, addition, rebadging, addition of US or AA staffer to assist "the other" flyers in a Club, etc.

Thanks!

JDiver, Moderator
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Although not noted on the AA website, GRU's AC closes tomorrow 12/1/2014 in T2 while a new one is constructed in T3. Opening expected in 2015. Use GRU Executive Club until re-opening.

My source was an email this week announcing "what's new" in ACs. Can someone confirm, then this post can be extinguished. I updated the wiki set up by JDiver, however until confirmation received consider it pending.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Originally Posted by george 3
Although not noted on the AA website, GRU's AC closes tomorrow 12/1/2014 in T2 while a new one is constructed in T3. Opening expected in 2015. Use GRU Executive Club until re-opening.
I am interested in hearing about experiences in the GRU T3 Executive Lounge for AC members since it became available Dec 2014. I have peeked into the Executive Lounge last year and it looked quite nice (and tranquil). I could not gain access, but had access to the nearby *A lounge (which is nice, but food options seem limited).

In four days I am flying GRU-ORD on UA, but I have a lifetime AC membership (inherited from US) and would like to try the Executive Lounge. I should not have to be flying on AA to gain access, but who knows what the gatekeepers at this third-party lounge actually know about the rules. Are there any AA personnel at this lounge (who usually know the rules better)? Anyone care to share their experiences?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by stanscan
I am interested in hearing about experiences in the GRU T3 Executive Lounge for AC members since it became available Dec 2014. I have peeked into the Executive Lounge last year and it looked quite nice (and tranquil). I could not gain access, but had access to the nearby *A lounge (which is nice, but food options seem limited).

In four days I am flying GRU-ORD on UA, but I have a lifetime AC membership (inherited from US) and would like to try the Executive Lounge. I should not have to be flying on AA to gain access, but who knows what the gatekeepers at this third-party lounge actually know about the rules. Are there any AA personnel at this lounge (who usually know the rules better)? Anyone care to share their experiences?
According to the AA website, you need to be flying AA to access the Executive Lounge, even as an Admiral's Club member:

"Executive Lounge GRU Airport

Terminal 3

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:

First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
proof of oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire status
Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card
*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft."

This is quite common among non-Admiral's Club lounges that allow AC members access.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
According to the AA website, you need to be flying AA to access the Executive Lounge, even as an Admiral's Club member....
Thank you very much for this helpful information. I guess I'll still be looking in from the outside when I pass by tonight, but I'll look forward to visiting the new AC when it is finished!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
More breakfast items in clubs

Not sure if this is new, as I haven't flown since December. Clubs now have yogurt (Chobani in DFW and some other brand in AUS) and instant oatmeal. Small cardboard bowls provided for the oatmeal in AUS, but had to use a coffe cup at DFW (terminal B club).

A welcome change.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
Not sure if this is new, as I haven't flown since December. Clubs now have yogurt (Chobani in DFW and some other brand in AUS) and instant oatmeal. Small cardboard bowls provided for the oatmeal in AUS, but had to use a coffe cup at DFW (terminal B club).

A welcome change.
seems like they have taken something from the old US Airways clubs as they have yoghurt, oatmeal. How about bagels, or any other breakfast foods available?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Speedracer2
seems like they have taken something from the old US Airways clubs as they have yoghurt, oatmeal. How about bagels, or any other breakfast foods available?
They've had bagels and (hard as a rock and cold) croissants for a while now in AC's.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
US Airways Club in PHX has also switched from Activia 'helps-you-poop' yogurt to Chobani. Welcome change.

The Flavia chemical coffee has also been replaced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.