Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals and US Club changes, closures, consolidations etc. (Master Thread)

Please edit/add to this Wikipost with any done, confirmed, announced or pending Admirals Club changes
(not wishful, speculative or possible changes).

Lounge links

Link
to Admirals Clubs and affiliated lounges locations and amenities guide on aa.com.

Link to oneworld lounge locations and access tool on oneworld.com.

Link to FlyerTalk AA Lounge Dashboard

Note: American Airlines and US Airways terminal changes can be found here.

LOCATIONS, CLOSURES, CONSOLIDATIONS Etc.

All US Airways Clubs have been rebranded as Admirals Clubs.

Admirals Clubs are following US Airways Club tradition of serving soup.

AA- US "exchange" programs have been implemented at some Clubs so both AA and US Club users can be assisted by redeployed "AAngels" with computers (e.g. DFW Clubs now have US assistance counters and personnel).

ATL: Concourse T Admirals Club only staffed by AA personnel, no computer system installed to allow assisting US pax. (11/22/2014)

BUF: 2015, changed to November, BUF / Buffalo a Club to close.

DCA: US Airways Club in t-B rebadged as Admirals Club. Member dtremit says "To be clear, the small US club in the "B/C" pier (formerly a UA club) was closed and consolidated into the adjacent AC. The large US club on the "C" pier is still open."

DFW: Admirals Clubs now have "out stationed" US personnel for assistance.

GRU: Admirals Club closed for renovations beginning December 1, 2014 as construction of a new club in Terminal 3 begins. New AC is expected to open in 2015. AC Members may use the GRU Executive Club in T3 until the new AC opens.

LAX: US Airways Club closed. AS lounge in T6 (near US gates) now available for AC members, transcon premium cabin ticket holders on AA or US, and under oneworld access rules when flying US or AA.

PHL US Airways B/C Club rebadged, has AA Personnel available, at least weekday mornings until 10am (not sure about after this time frame). In A-East, Admirals Club opened, has US Personnel available.

RDU: US Airways Club closed.

SJU: The Admirals Club® lounge at San Juan Luis Muñoz Marin International (SJU) permanently closed 30 Dec 2015.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat 100, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Superguy
Thought there was a shuttle between C and B/C?
There is a shuttle. I've been to the US club, which was as zippy the pinhead described it, but it wasn't rough enough to drive me to get on a shuttle bus. I would go with whichever is convenient, and if the answer is both, I think you want the AC.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
The US Club at C is a typical US Club. There is nothing special about it, but it is not inferior to other US Clubs at other airports either
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Agree that the "C" US club at DCA is showing its age. I feel that the AC in "B" is rather small and can get overrun rather quickly. I actually would have preferred that US retain the old United Club in "B", but oh well...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I think the US Club at DCA has better snacks then the AA AC at DCA in the morning. But AA AC has better in the afternoon (olives, veggies, etc).
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Better club at DCA: AC or US?

I'm at the AC now. Not bad.

Does the DCA US Club have soup?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by davidgrahammd
There is a shuttle between the two concourses. I tend to go through security on the US Air side and shuttle to flights at the AA gates because the US Air security has TSA Pre-check. Since the shuttle is on the airside tarmac you have to be ready to occasionally sit for a while if planes happen to be departing from the gates the bus goes past. I have been on the bus for >20 minutes for a very short ride. AC on the AA side is reasonable and has very nice staff. I would not describe it as elegant, however.
The security checkpoint for AA also has TSA Precheck.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The differences are so miniscule that it's not worth schlepping between concourses, whether by going landside and reclearing or using the tarmac shuttle.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:19 pm

AC without a doubt

While AC might be a little bit busier it is much nicer than the US Airways Club. First the service is better; just this weekend the AA front desk associate volunteered to me rebook to an earlier flight (I was on an award ticket) after my original flight became delayed. The later flight actually got canceled. Its also much cleaner and I think has a better view.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold

Neither has soup.

US has bagels and yogurt in the morning.
Then chips and salsa and other snacks in the afternoon.

AC only has a roll in the morning.
But in the afternoon AC has olives and veggies.

You can always buy soup at AC.

I find the US facility to be roomier and just as nice - furniture wise.

The bar attendants are more friendly at the AC.

But just go to the one in the concourse of your gate. I am sure it won't be long before they equalize the offerings.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I'm a big fan of the US Club salsa. Hope they keep that with the merger.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT

- It is good to know that you are at DCA AC! Earlier this year I did hear a rumor that AC in DCA will be closed due to consolidation and that only US club will be operational.
This Jan I was at DCA with a colleague who had an access to US Club as United member. We ended with moving to AC that was more crowded while US club was essentially empty.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Don't waste your time with the US Airways club. The only reason I've ever been there is:

a) When I was still a UA flyer and had a UC club membership and was on US
b) I really wanted cheddar cheese and crackers

Otherwise there's not a point in visiting if you're in the central pier. At the same time I probably wouldn't bother venturing over to the AC from the far pier unless you had a lengthy layover since the shuttle bus is annoying and thanks to DCA's awesome layout you can't walk without going outside security.

The DCA AC is pretty good despite it's small size and they actually tend to have some solid beers on draft for free (I often used to get the local lager which was good)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:59 am

Thought there was a shuttle between C and B/C?
Did not know, but wish we had known. Our first visit to DCA and all. Hope to return next year, so thanks for the heads-up.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
When I was in DCA a few weeks ago, the US club in B was closed with a big sign telling you to go to the AC (which is across the hall).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Alex_I
Earlier this year I did hear a rumor that AC in DCA will be closed due to consolidation and that only US club will be operational.
Originally Posted by tacostuff
When I was in DCA a few weeks ago, the US club in B was closed with a big sign telling you to go to the AC (which is across the hall).
To be clear, the small US club in the "B/C" pier (formerly a UA club) was closed and consolidated into the adjacent AC. The large US club on the "C" pier is still open.

I agree with others that neither is worth taking the shuttle between piers (or re-clearing security).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.