Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals and US Club changes, closures, consolidations etc. (Master Thread)

Please edit/add to this Wikipost with any done, confirmed, announced or pending Admirals Club changes
(not wishful, speculative or possible changes).

Lounge links

Link
to Admirals Clubs and affiliated lounges locations and amenities guide on aa.com.

Link to oneworld lounge locations and access tool on oneworld.com.

Link to FlyerTalk AA Lounge Dashboard

Note: American Airlines and US Airways terminal changes can be found here.

LOCATIONS, CLOSURES, CONSOLIDATIONS Etc.

All US Airways Clubs have been rebranded as Admirals Clubs.

Admirals Clubs are following US Airways Club tradition of serving soup.

AA- US "exchange" programs have been implemented at some Clubs so both AA and US Club users can be assisted by redeployed "AAngels" with computers (e.g. DFW Clubs now have US assistance counters and personnel).

ATL: Concourse T Admirals Club only staffed by AA personnel, no computer system installed to allow assisting US pax. (11/22/2014)

BUF: 2015, changed to November, BUF / Buffalo a Club to close.

DCA: US Airways Club in t-B rebadged as Admirals Club. Member dtremit says "To be clear, the small US club in the "B/C" pier (formerly a UA club) was closed and consolidated into the adjacent AC. The large US club on the "C" pier is still open."

DFW: Admirals Clubs now have "out stationed" US personnel for assistance.

GRU: Admirals Club closed for renovations beginning December 1, 2014 as construction of a new club in Terminal 3 begins. New AC is expected to open in 2015. AC Members may use the GRU Executive Club in T3 until the new AC opens.

LAX: US Airways Club closed. AS lounge in T6 (near US gates) now available for AC members, transcon premium cabin ticket holders on AA or US, and under oneworld access rules when flying US or AA.

PHL US Airways B/C Club rebadged, has AA Personnel available, at least weekday mornings until 10am (not sure about after this time frame). In A-East, Admirals Club opened, has US Personnel available.

RDU: US Airways Club closed.

SJU: The Admirals Club® lounge at San Juan Luis Muñoz Marin International (SJU) permanently closed 30 Dec 2015.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club changes, closure, consolidation, etc. (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Anyone have a feel for how long it takes to get from the AC in T4 at LAX to the T3 gates? Trying to figure out if I should get a BP for a US flight and enter security at T4 and take the transfer shuttle or simply go over to hell and enter at T3 - assuming I'm flying out of gate 30...
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
I've used both clubs frequently. Use the one that's in the concourse you're flying out of. US may have better snacks at times, but that's questionable, and neither club is anything special.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jeffhacker
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Anyone have a feel for how long it takes to get from the AC in T4 at LAX to the T3 gates? Trying to figure out if I should get a BP for a US flight and enter security at T4 and take the transfer shuttle or simply go over to hell and enter at T3 - assuming I'm flying out of gate 30...
I've used both clubs frequently. Use the one that's in the concourse you're flying out of. US may have better snacks at times, but that's questionable, and neither club is anything special.
This is LAX - there is no longer any US club.
There is a PP lounge at T3 but other than that, nothing.

I suggest IADDCAflyer reads this thread:

US @ LAX to move from T1 to T3
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
CDG Lounge Access

Hi,

So from another thread I see that Terminal 2A and 2C are now connected airside. I think AA is terminal 2A as well as US (???).

I have a club membership and will be flying out in Y. Is this the right club? I'll be flying out on US metal and am US Gold which is One World Sapphire, I think....

Help... just looking for some recent info, since I found a lot of old info.

Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
Good question- I will be in the same place (CDG), same situation in a few weeks, wouldn't mind finding out either!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: AA US
Are there any instances where, pre-merger, neither airline operated a club but, post merger, the new airline opened one? I seem to see only closings.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobS
Are there any instances where, pre-merger, neither airline operated a club but, post merger, the new airline opened one? I seem to see only closings.
Delta at IND in 2010.

As far as I know, neither DL nor NW operated a club at IND before their merger.

There may be others, but I'm too lazy to look for any more.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA US
Thanks for the IND news. I was interested in AA Clubs
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobS
Thanks for the IND news. I was interested in AA Clubs
My bad. I've been banging the drum for some new locations - places where neither pre-merger AA or US had a club, but where new AA may be large enough to justify a club. Call it "club synergy."

To directly answer your question - no, new AA hasn't opened any new clubs since December 9. And, as expected, sure, some duplicative clubs have been closed (or set to close). That's not very surprising.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by FWAAA

To directly answer your question - no, new AA hasn't opened any new clubs since December 9. And, as expected, sure, some duplicative clubs have been closed (or set to close). That's not very surprising.
Not true. There is a new AC at LAX and at PHL. Granted, those two airports already had an existing club; and these are merely additions.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
DCA gates 35-45

I noticed the US Club is closed so now there is no lounge unless one takes the shuttle. Does anyone know if there are plans to reopen it as an AC (or if any club plans to take over the space?)
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jules1651
I noticed the US Club is closed so now there is no lounge unless one takes the shuttle. Does anyone know if there are plans to reopen it as an AC (or if any club plans to take over the space?)
Are you saying we're only left with the AC in the middle pier? Both US Clubs have closed now? Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
That's what I found this morning, no us club (or any) in the far pier.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
That's what I found this morning, no us club (or any) in the far pier.
I hope this is temporary. Was there a sign indicating that is was closed permanently and directing members to the other pier?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
AA tweeted yesterday or the day before that the US Club at DCA had now become an Admiral's Club.

I wonder if they're making some minor improvements to spruce it up as part of the conversion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.