Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Pillows in domestic 2 class First (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pillows in domestic 2 class First (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Small pillows/blankets on AA1090 SEA-DFW today. 757 with old brown interior.

Fancy pillow and duvet on AA268 SEA-JFK today (before I switched flights thanks to 13 hour delay on 268)
Old Jun 5, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by grrizzli
There were pillows and blankets in the first class on 738 three weeks ago. It was a red-eye LAX-BOS flight.
I think having pillows + blanket in F on red eye transcons make sense and I have seen them on a 738 LAX-MIA red eye transcon.

For a mid-con day time flight, pillows are not the norm. I wonder if there was a last minute sub, where the original aircraft was scheduled to be on a transcon.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
AA caters all transcon flights with pillows and blankets similar/identical to those on international flights (premium cabins) regardless of time of day. So, on flights like LAX-BOS/JFK/DCA/MIA/IAD/RDU/YYZ, this isn't anything new.

However, OP reported to have seen pillows and blankets in F that are similar/identical to those of international flights in economy cabin (smaller pillow and red, thin blankets). This would be great if new, but most likely an one off. They probably couldn't find blankets by themselves (as domestic F does get red blankets) but were able to find the coach pillow/blanket packs.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, QR Gold, HH Diamond
What happened to the pillows in domestic F on transcons? After many months of avoiding red-eye flights I was on a red-eye transcon flight last night and hoped to get a nice pillow in F. No pillows. When did they disappear?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
and the long SFO-MIA 767 tcon yesterday with no pillows. sigh.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by grrizzli
What happened to the pillows in domestic F on transcons? After many months of avoiding red-eye flights I was on a red-eye transcon flight last night and hoped to get a nice pillow in F. No pillows. When did they disappear?
With the changes in September...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Only MIA-LAX, and LAX/SFO-JFK currently receive pillows domestically. I believe some of the Hawaii routes do, too...perhaps somebody can clarify that?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OW Emerald
Had full pillow/duvet package on JFK-SEA last weekend. Whether that's standard or an anomaly, I don't know as it was my first time on the route.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: WFBF
Pillows disappeared on pmUS at basically the same time (and the pmUS blankets were replaced with AA ones).
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:35 pm

In 12+ transcons since September I've yet to see more than the cheesy little scarf size blanket. A real shame especially on the redeyes
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ajthegreat
In 12+ transcons since September I've yet to see more than the cheesy little scarf size blanket. A real shame especially on the redeyes
Sadly USdbaAA no longer recognizes the difference between a midcon or a transcon other than for dessert. Only exceptions are what used to be premium transcons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.