Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Agent Skips Over Pax on Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Agent Skips Over Pax on Upgrade List

Flying out of ORD today. I was first on the list but when I get to the gate 20 minutes before departure the GA has cleared two through five and skipped over me. She claims the computer did it and there is nothing she can do. Of course the upgrade screen has my name on it at the top and check marks for the names below me.

I'm assuming she cleared the others manually but does the have an checks on that?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Was this a 2 cabin or 3 cabin aircraft?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by roder
Was this a 2 cabin or 3 cabin aircraft?
Very important distinction.

To the OP: can you provide the actual flight #. Some FTers have access to the PALL list and may be able to provide more insights.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Flying out of ORD today. I was first on the list but when I get to the gate 20 minutes before departure the GA has cleared two through five and skipped over me. She claims the computer did it and there is nothing she can do. Of course the upgrade screen has my name on it at the top and check marks for the names below me.

I'm assuming she cleared the others manually but does the have an checks on that?
Almost in every case when one looks further into the list it's because of late check-ins or the reasons alluded to in the second post or other, perfectly legit reasons. It's a very common occurrence.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:39 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
They really should display the upgrade type request on the list then (to J or to F) so everyone knows. It would end the mindless speculation and conspiracy theories that many (rightly) formulate without all of the information available.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
They really should display the upgrade type request on the list then (to J or to F) so everyone knows. It would end the mindless speculation and conspiracy theories that many (rightly) formulate without all of the information available.
Careful what you ask for. They could just yank the list entirely from public view.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Any transactions on the PALL list (ie the 'upgrade list') are tracked. They can figure out what happened. (There is a member here who has done that for folks via PM). I seem to recall AA staff can see this for a day or three, then headquarters only.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Flight number and date?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Well... Speak of the devil...

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
(There is a member here who has done that for folks via PM). .
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:24 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that experienced members would post this stuff without details... Hurry up C17PSGR, inquiring minds want to know! =P
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Sorry for being slow and not posting enough info... I posted from the plane and then didn't have a chance to log back in since the AE flight didn't have wifi.

In terms of info, I was at ORD with a connection and landed an hour before my next flight. I then went to the AC to get a coffee. It was a 2 class E175 AE flight. I presume the GA can see (a) I was on the ground with a comfortable connection time and (b) checked into the AC.

I hit the gate in plenty of time. I've sent a PM to see what happened and will post the available data.

Also, I'm usually laid back but was openly irritated (I started on a 6 AM flight). I mentioned the situation to the AE/Republic FA who was wonderful during the flight. Even though I was in Y, she served me from F (I was at the bulkhead). When I left, she commented, I hope I helped turn your day around. She did. I hope she gets to mainline soon! Which reminds me, I should find a way to email Republic to give her an attagirl.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

I received more info from the PALL

There were five on the PALL list. I was correctly listed at the top of the list as a UPG1T (sticker upgrade/EXP/through) The other four on the list were upgraded. The second and third on the list were UPG3's (sticker upgrade/Gold/originating in Chicago). The fourth and fifth were UPG (complentary upgrade/no status/originating in Chicago). Not sure I understand how no status pax were upgraded.

There were no comments as to what happened.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
OP. one comment you made intrigues me. You state that the GA knows which passengers are "checked into" the Admirals Club. I have never heard this before - is this correct?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also, I'm usually laid back but was openly irritated (I started on a 6 AM flight). I mentioned the situation to the AE/Republic FA who was wonderful during the flight. Even though I was in Y, she served me from F (I was at the bulkhead). When I left, she commented, I hope I helped turn your day around. She did. I hope she gets to mainline soon! Which reminds me, I should find a way to email Republic to give her an attagirl.
Just use the AA form:
http://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewCont...omer+Relations

Feedback

Republic Airways Holdings owns Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airlines and Shuttle America and operates flights daily through fixed-fee agreements under airline partner brands, including Americian Eagle, Delta Connection, United Express, and US Airways Express.

Feedback from our customers is very important to us and to our partners in helping us improve our service. Customers with questions, concerns or compliments can contact us through our partners using one of the links* below:

American Airlines

Delta Air Lines

United Airlines

US Airways
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

I received more info from the PALL

There were five on the PALL list. I was correctly listed at the top of the list as a UPG1T (sticker upgrade/EXP/through) The other four on the list were upgraded. The second and third on the list were UPG3's (sticker upgrade/Gold/originating in Chicago). The fourth and fifth were UPG (complentary upgrade/no status/originating in Chicago). Not sure I understand how no status pax were upgraded.

There were no comments as to what happened.
Being able to view the list retrospectively and fully understanding all the various comments in it has been an issue in the past. For sure non of those pax were listed as RI or RIT or anything like that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.