Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Mexico City gets an entrance into the AC if traveling in J, I know the website does not say it (It use to)
All of Mexico does now. The site is just a hodge podge of content updated at different times.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
All of Mexico does now. The site is just a hodge podge of content updated at different times.
I tried PHX-SJD and was denied access to the AC traveling in the front cabin.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I tried PHX-SJD and was denied access to the AC traveling in the front cabin.
That was incorrect on the part of the AC staff.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:32 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Im OWE (British Airways Gold), flying First on a domestic flight from LAX. I need to check luggage. Are the FL check-in counters inside or only curbside? Is curbside check-in a free service or does it come with a fee?

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:36 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Im OWE (British Airways Gold), flying First on a domestic flight from LAX. I need to check luggage. Are the FL check-in counters inside or only curbside? Is curbside check-in a free service or does it come with a fee?

Thanks.
The entrance is curbside, but it's not like skycap where you remain outside, it's just a "private" entrance to the terminal. It's free.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

Thanks.
Free service for non-AA OWE.

From curbside, there is a set of entry doors past the "Priority Check In" section of AA in T4. About another 100 feet or so down the sidewalk from the main entry doors.

Head thru the doors, you will find 3 or 4 check in stations inside and the will get you taken care of.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:19 pm
amm

Originally Posted by amm
I’m flying ORD-JFK on AA connecting to JFK-HND on JL (in first). I believe the answer is no I cannot use Flagship Check In but am I reading the rules wrong?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Global321
AA elites cannot access FFCI on a JL INTL flight.
Coming back to this, I gave it a whirl and they let me in. There was an agent of some sort outside FFCI who let me in and then the agent inside didn’t say anything either. I already had boarding passes (got them in DCA) though the first agent didn’t ask to see them - I just said I’m flying first to Tokyo or something and he waved me in. Definitely felt like something I shouldn’t have been able to do.
Global321 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by amm
Coming back to this, I gave it a whirl and they let me in. There was an agent of some sort outside FFCI who let me in and then the agent inside didn’t say anything either. I already had boarding passes (got them in DCA) though the first agent didn’t ask to see them - I just said I’m flying first to Tokyo or something and he waved me in. Definitely felt like something I shouldn’t have been able to do.
Great it worked out!

It shows one thing is always true; The complete inconsistency in AA FFCI.
Antarius and amm like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What should I expect at MIA for a flight to LHR in CW with Silver status?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
What should I expect at MIA for a flight to LHR in CW with Silver status?
The check-in agent said he was going to the gate and kindly offered to walk us to the top of the security queue.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:02 pm

I’m BA Gold and will be traveling with my family on AA ex-MIA. What is the guest policy for OWE at flagship check in?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:55 pm

Hi everyone. A quick question re dropping bags and leaving airport via the Flagship First check in at LAX.

QF P1/OWE here. Arriving into LAX from SYD on the re-timed QF11 (ETA 1300) and departing same day on a separate ticket on AA to MIA at 2235. Travelling with MrsChooms and MasterChooms, so we'll have some checked bags.

If QF don't check the bags all the way through when departing SYD (I know it isn't the rule to do so... so hopefully asking nicely as a P1 they will do it), I am planning on picking up the bags and dropping them off at the Flagship Check in (or another AA early check in??) before heading out for a beachside happy hour/early dinner and returning for the MIA flight.

Is this possible? Will AA let me check the bags in and not be taken up the elevator to security? Or do they frown upon this? When we return do we go back to Flagship Check In or just go through security? Grateful for any advice.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
There's no way to avoid rechecking bags at LAX whether it's your final destination or not. You need to clear Imimigration and Customs since LAX is your first stop in the US. The AA staff at LAX can be kind of variable on what they'll do about checked bags, some will take them early, some won't. If you've got status then try the Flagship Check In and head up to the Flagship Lounge for a quick bite. Check with the Lounge people if they'll hold your bags while you explore the beach, etc... I've never had any issues with them babysitting mine but I don't usually leave the airport. Build in enough time when you get back to get a shower and come back in through the Flagship Check In and they'll just take you to the head of the TSA line. Just remember that the LA traffic can be brutal most of the day (even until around 8-9:00pm) and the decent beaches are probably at leat 45 minutes to an hour drive away.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by ttuna3
There's no way to avoid rechecking bags at LAX whether it's your final destination or not. You need to clear Imimigration and Customs since LAX is your first stop in the US. The AA staff at LAX can be kind of variable on what they'll do about checked bags, some will take them early, some won't. If you've got status then try the Flagship Check In and head up to the Flagship Lounge for a quick bite. Check with the Lounge people if they'll hold your bags while you explore the beach, etc... I've never had any issues with them babysitting mine but I don't usually leave the airport. Build in enough time when you get back to get a shower and come back in through the Flagship Check In and they'll just take you to the head of the TSA line. Just remember that the LA traffic can be brutal most of the day (even until around 8-9:00pm) and the decent beaches are probably at leat 45 minutes to an hour drive away.
Thank you. Good idea continuing in to go through to FL upon arrival to freshen up (so checking bags wouldn't be an issue and yep, been through the re-checking process at TBIT but that was all on the same ticket with interline) we can then head landslide. Main issue is whether AA will let us check in the bags early or not so we didn't have to drag them around with us.

Not planning on swimming at a beach, just thought we'd head out to give MasterChooms (who is 3) some outside time (we're doing BNE-SYD-LAX-MIA in one hit with a few hours at SYD and then the 9 or so hours at LAX in between). We were thinking of heading to Venice Beach for the afternoon, let MasterChooms run around at a park for a bit and find a beachside bar/restaurant for a couple of drinks/bite to eat before heading back to LAX around 6pm. If the SYD-LAX flight is delayed we'd probably still head landside to the In n out or something. Does anyone know if you can access the rooftop at the H if not staying?

Any issue with heading airside with the BP via Flagship Check In, leaving the airport and then coming back via Flagship/TSA? No issue with double scanning of BPs?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:47 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chooms
Thank you. Good idea continuing in to go through to FL upon arrival to freshen up (so checking bags wouldn't be an issue and yep, been through the re-checking process at TBIT but that was all on the same ticket with interline) we can then head landslide. Main issue is whether AA will let us check in the bags early or not so we didn't have to drag them around with us.

Not planning on swimming at a beach, just thought we'd head out to give MasterChooms (who is 3) some outside time (we're doing BNE-SYD-LAX-MIA in one hit with a few hours at SYD and then the 9 or so hours at LAX in between). We were thinking of heading to Venice Beach for the afternoon, let MasterChooms run around at a park for a bit and find a beachside bar/restaurant for a couple of drinks/bite to eat before heading back to LAX around 6pm. If the SYD-LAX flight is delayed we'd probably still head landside to the In n out or something. Does anyone know if you can access the rooftop at the H if not staying?

Any issue with heading airside with the BP via Flagship Check In, leaving the airport and then coming back via Flagship/TSA? No issue with double scanning of BPs?
RE H: No, you need a key card to even call the elevator.
The flagship agents might question it, but no, I've used the same boarding pass twice through TSA when the flight was delayed so was put up in a hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.