Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018
Returning SYD-LAX-PHL.. Flying Flagship First then regular first onward. Before I ASSume anything, can anyone confirm 1)We'll have to clear immigration/customs and re-clear security, right? 2)will we have access to Flagship check-in/security line jump? Does it really matter (we have TSAPre)?

And off topic, will we be able to access Qantas First Dining during our layover?
you can make your way to the check in, but IMO, it's not worth the effort. You'll land and clear at TBIT, so stay there vs making it to T4 outside. Regardless, it's largely a dog and pony show to seem "fancy".

And yes, you should be able to access the QF lounge.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:44 am

Flying LAX-ORD in J as an OWE with Finnair (and AA Plat). Will I have any issues with getting a single guest in (aa exec plat)? As the policy doesn’t mention guests, however, it seems reading through this I should be fine since it’s only one person. We are also same record for what it’s worth.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Star_Hunter
Flying LAX-ORD in J as an OWE with Finnair (and AA Plat). Will I have any issues with getting a single guest in (aa exec plat)? As the policy doesn’t mention guests, however, it seems reading through this I should be fine since it’s only one person. We are also same record for what it’s worth.
Yes, you and a guest should have access to the AA FL and the Qantas First lounge no problem with non-AA/AS OWE. If the reservation is under the Finnair number, they'll scan your BP and allow access through that- if the reservation is under your AA number, scan your BP and then immediately show your Finnair OWE card for access.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Yes, you and a guest should have access to the AA FL and the Qantas First lounge no problem with non-AA/AS OWE. If the reservation is under the Finnair number, they'll scan your BP and allow access through that- if the reservation is under your AA number, scan your BP and then immediately show your Finnair OWE card for access.
Thanks for the quick response. Should I also be able to have us both use the Flagship First checkin? I have using the check in several times by myself but this would be the first time trying with one guest.

Last edited by Star_Hunter; Sep 11, 2023 at 12:24 pm
Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the quick response. Should I also be able to have us both use the Flagship First checkin? I have using the check in several times by myself but this would be the first time trying with one guest.
Yes. Should be no problem.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've had no problem with my wife (no status) accompanying me as my guest in the FL and through FF checkin.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:00 am

Can I use Flagship Checkin in Miami as an EXP on award travel business class on JAL metal? Used AA Miles and booked through AA.

I checked the link in the thread but it doesn't specify either way on award travel, thats why i'm double checking.

Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by kromix
Can I use Flagship Checkin in Miami as an EXP on award travel business class on JAL metal? Used AA Miles and booked through AA.

I checked the link in the thread but it doesn't specify either way on award travel, thats why i'm double checking.

Thanks!
There is nothing in the AA universe, in terms of benefits like seating or lounge access or check-in, that differ between paid tickets and award tickets. They are always treated the same, so if you would get access on a paid ticket you will get access on an award ticket.

So the fact that you're on an award ticket doesn't matter, but the fact that your long haul flight is on JL does, as the rules for Flagship Check-In are clear that it's qualifying international flights operated by AA.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
There is nothing in the AA universe, in terms of benefits like seating or lounge access or check-in, that differ between paid tickets and award tickets. They are always treated the same, so if you would get access on a paid ticket you will get access on an award ticket.

So the fact that you're on an award ticket doesn't matter, but the fact that your long haul flight is on JL does, as the rules for Flagship Check-In are clear that it's qualifying international flights operated by AA.
Thanks for the insight. Noted!

Ok so regardless of the fact I booked through AA it doesn't matter, in order to get access to Flagship Check-in I must be on AA Metal on the long haul is what I gathered.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:59 am

AA at LHR

I customarily fly out of Terminal 5, gold, using the first class check in. Monday, however, I am flying out of LHR on AA, Terminal 3. Am I able to use the AA first class check in if I"m BA Gold?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
You can. Don't forget to explore all the T3 lounge options.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 12:05 pm

Excellent - and many thanks! Unfortunately, it'll be so early I doubt i'll have time for much exploration beyond a cup of coffee.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Got off QR DOH-MIA and needed to get my BP printed before my connection. Tried to access Flagship checkin, only to be (yet again) incorrectly denied. A supervisor in the main priority area helped me out and asked why I didn't use the Flagship checkin; apologized for it and said they'd look into it.

I believe I'm now 0/4 using the MIA Flagship checkin. Literally the least complex rules and the staff can't manage to figure it out.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Got off QR DOH-MIA and needed to get my BP printed before my connection. Tried to access Flagship checkin, only to be (yet again) incorrectly denied. A supervisor in the main priority area helped me out and asked why I didn't use the Flagship checkin; apologized for it and said they'd look into it.

I believe I'm now 0/4 using the MIA Flagship checkin. Literally the least complex rules and the staff can't manage to figure it out.
As an EXP getting off a QR flight, why would you be able to use Flagship check-in?

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on American in Flagship® First or Flagship® Business Plus on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight.
You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin). (EXP)
You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin). (Non-AAdvantage® oneworld Emerald)

Last edited by Global321; Nov 7, 2023 at 5:49 pm
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I might have missed it in this thread, but why doesn't DFW/PHL/CLT have flagship check-ins? DFW is AA's main home hub, and PHL/CLT has a lot of international flights as well.

I was on FF JFK-LAX earlier this year, but JFK was huge and sprawling so I unfortunately missed the flagship checkin area (couldn't find it, and it wasn't well signed). Ended up in the regular TSA lane and had a terrible experience with TSA, but that wasn't AA's fault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.