Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Changing a Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings
You may find the Frequent Flyer Number area grayed out, or be unable to change FFN online via aa.com. Alternatives:

Call AA reservations at 800-433-7300.

Tweet @AmericanAir and ask the Twitter team to do it - though the best way is to have them follow you first and then send them a DM to keep your information private.

Request the FFN change at the check-in counter or, if you arrive before they get very busy, the gate.

Using the Finnair or Royal Jordanian website to change your FFN seems to no longer work. (AA use Sabre, several other one world airlines use Amadeus.)

NOTE: If switching from AAdvantage to another scheme's FFN, please be aware: Benefitting from a privilege granted for your AAdvantage status and changing your FFN to earn on another airline is generally prohibited by AAdvantage Terms and Conditions. Doing so might risk that benefit (e.g. upgrade).

From the AAdvantage Terms and Conditions (link)

Earning AAdvantage Miles

"You cannot accrue partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number if you have already used your AAdvantage number to obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as First or Business Class upgrades, baggage fee waivers or complimentary access to Preferred/Main Cabin Extra seats. Additionally, you cannot redeem partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number and obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as priority boarding and access to preferred seats."

Older and obsolete posts have been moved to ARCHIVE: Changing FFN / Frequent Flyer Number on AA Bookings

Updated 5 Jul 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Honestly, I think I'm just going to start booking while logged out if I'm not redeeming miles. I'm aiming for BA status (AA status is sort-of taking care of itself via the CC and other incidental things - see an earlier joke I made about AA having an oddly unprofitable historical side business flying planes - while I prefer the BA lounge access rights within the US).
I am trying to book an AA revenue F trip as a guest so I can put in my BA number for the 80 TP. Something I did a lot before the pandemic.

Today, aa.com is telling me that my name and program number do not match. Neither the name or program number has changed for years.

I know that BA puts in a title along with the name, and I tried adding the title in case it was the problem, and it is not helping.

I'm trying to get back to BA Silver for free MCE at booking on AA narrowbodies and free AC/FL access.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I am trying to book an AA revenue F trip as a guest so I can put in my BA number for the 80 TP. Something I did a lot before the pandemic.

Today, aa.com is telling me that my name and program number do not match. Neither the name or program number has changed for years.

I know that BA puts in a title along with the name, and I tried adding the title in case it was the problem, and it is not helping.

I'm trying to get back to BA Silver for free MCE at booking on AA narrowbodies and free AC/FL access.
Put it on hold without a FF moment and call AA
GrayAnderson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.