Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Lifetime AirPass / AAirPass / pass discussion (2013 and onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American Airlines Lifetime AirPass / AAirPass
"Unlimited First a Class Travel on AA"

NOTE: Please see here if you are seeking information about AA AirPass prepaid travel.

BACKGROUND: Lifetime AAirpasses were sold at various times, along with Companion Airpasses for a reduced amount. The unlimited Lifetime AAirpass, including lifetime Admirals Club membership, was initially offered for $250,000 in 1981 (accompanying companion AAirpass for $150,000), and apparently the last offer was through the 2004 Neiman Marcus Christmas Catalogue for USD $3 million (buy a companion pass for a discounted $2 million).

At least some AAirpasses could be transferred one time. Some offered unlimited travel in American Airlines First Class anywhere AA flies (no fees or taxes - AA absorbed those) and others offered a maximum number of miles flown per year (could carry over unused flight miles to the next year) earning full AA EQM / RDM / EQP - lifetime Admirals Club membership included.
Print Wikipost

AA Lifetime AirPass / AAirPass / pass discussion (2013 and onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Interesting -- am I correct that the 6 month Airpass is also no longer available?

($4k for 12,500 flown miles is a good deal on some routes, particularly with DCA-PWM already at $436+/ow for many summer dates... I might end up even buying a regular Airpass because of the fares on this short route.)
Sorry I can’t answer the first question, but with regard to purchasing a regular Airpass for yourself, be sure to ask them exactly what you’re getting with the “Next Gen” Airpass they recently rolled out. I bought one with the $5k promo they were running earlier this year just to check it out, and there are major differences compared to some of the things you’ll see posted on the main Airpass thread, as many of those Airpass holders purchased theirs before the rules changed (for example, you can no longer use SWUs on Airpass tickets (J to F was a sweet spot), you won’t earn your companion’s miles, funds are debited immediately instead of why you actually fly, etc.). Per the Airpass reps, eventually everyone will be converted to the Next Gen Airpass, as contracts are renewed.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:03 pm

Am I correct or incorrect that according to the above mentioned document, American ( on page 269) has begun selling lifetime airpasses again? Many thanks
Old May 25, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by metallo
Sorry I can’t answer the first question, but with regard to purchasing a regular Airpass for yourself, be sure to ask them exactly what you’re getting with the “Next Gen” Airpass they recently rolled out. I bought one with the $5k promo they were running earlier this year just to check it out, and there are major differences compared to some of the things you’ll see posted on the main Airpass thread, as many of those Airpass holders purchased theirs before the rules changed (for example, you can no longer use SWUs on Airpass tickets (J to F was a sweet spot), you won’t earn your companion’s miles, funds are debited immediately instead of why you actually fly, etc.). Per the Airpass reps, eventually everyone will be converted to the Next Gen Airpass, as contracts are renewed.
Got it, thanks for the heads up. I may just give them a call this week.
Old May 25, 2021, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by RTW4
Am I correct or incorrect that according to the above mentioned document, American ( on page 269) has begun selling lifetime airpasses again? Many thanks
$600K for lifetime flights in any class + companion is a steal. Anyone have any info re: this?
Old May 26, 2021, 8:35 am

called AIRPASS. they have NO information on a lifetime pass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.