Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman's
I had my SWU clear from LAX to HKG earlier this week, but I havent been able to choose meals, is this normal?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by passports2life
I had my SWU clear from LAX to HKG earlier this week, but I havent been able to choose meals, is this normal?
Is the flight 30 days or less from today?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by david4455
Barbecue Chicken
Served chilled with mixed greens and black beans

Any thoughts?
It's incredibly bland and the chicken serving is small:

Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Option to reserve F meal missing?

Hopefully this is just a glitch, but I don't have the ability to reserve a meal on any of my upcoming flights. AA is still doing this, right?? All are less than 30 days out.

Last edited by tacostuff; Sep 29, 2016 at 6:31 am
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:19 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tacostuff
Hopefully this is just a glitch, but I don't have the ability to reserve a meal on any of my upcoming flights. AA is still doing this, right?? All are less than 30 days out.
Gone for me, too. Oddly, it was this time last year that it went away for the first time (right before the US res system cutover). Wondering if it has anything to do with the integration of US flight management systems on Oct. 1 (can't imagine why, but stranger things...). It was gone Sept-Dec last year.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:21 pm

Flying AA Business from CLT - BCN with a stop at LHR.

No steak for the meal selection on either flight, coming or going.

Is this normal? Was looking forward to a steak
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Dthorne1918

There was steak on the route for September. The short rib for October looks nice in terms of beef options.

Seems like they're trying for a little more variety recently.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
From personal experience, short rib generally comes out better than fillets on planes.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:21 pm
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
Looked at my reservation on FireFox, no meal selection. Then tried on Chrome and I could see the meal selection. Try a different browser, you never know.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dthorne1918

If you need a fix the following steps should approximate the experience of steak on AA: go to sporting goods store, buy a hockey puck, consume.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Option not showing up for me on a paid business booking in a week using Safari...thankfully, I selected a meal during booking...just don't remember what it was
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:56 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JTK
Looked at my reservation on FireFox, no meal selection. Then tried on Chrome and I could see the meal selection. Try a different browser, you never know.
You're right. Didn't work on Chrome or Firefox on my side (Mac OS), but Safari it's working just fine. I use *ad*block plus on Chrome and Firefox (but not Safari, which I almost never use). Wonder if that's got something to do with it.

Last edited by dll; Sep 29, 2016 at 9:14 pm
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dll
You're right. Didn't work on Chrome or Firefox on my side (Mac OS), but Safari it's working just fine. I use ....... plus on Chrome and Firefox (but not Safari, which I almost ever use). Wonder if that's got something to do with it.
lol it too funny how FT censors the name of that plugin (the one that Blocks Ads) as if its some sort of a profane word. you can click the ABP on the toolbar to test it, also could try clearing cookies and/or private browsing.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'm also unable to preselect meals for a flight within 30 days that I just ticketed (over the phone, but shouldn't matter).
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Meal selection gone for me to

Went to check previously selected meals for a flight next weekend and no meal link for me either. Not on IE, Edge, Chrome or Firefox.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.