Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:29 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by vasantn
Three out of four purchases made last Friday posted today for 6890 base miles (Naked Wines, WSJ Wines, and Macy's).

The missing one is Laithwaites (another wine subscription) for 3000 miles which is not even tracking.
Did your Laithwaites ever post without intervention? I ordered last week. The visit shows up on my e-shopping tracking visits, but no points posted. I ordered from several other shopping partners, including some other wines and they all posted within 3 days of transaction completing.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Laithwaites posted for me within a couple days without any issue (this was a month ago)
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
Did your Laithwaites ever post without intervention? I ordered last week. The visit shows up on my e-shopping tracking visits, but no points posted. I ordered from several other shopping partners, including some other wines and they all posted within 3 days of transaction completing.
It's still being investigated, according to an update email I received a couple of days ago.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:22 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It's still being investigated, according to an update email I received a couple of days ago.
My wine arrived, but the AA EShopping portal still only shows it as a visit but no order. I reached out to Laithewait on a chat and they said the wrong promo code was used?! They referenced some other partner I never heard of. I guess I have to wait 15 days from order date to take it up with AA.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHL
My wine arrived, but the AA EShopping portal still only shows it as a visit but no order.
Same here.

Originally Posted by PHL
I reached out to Laithewait on a chat and they said the wrong promo code was used?! They referenced some other partner I never heard of. I guess I have to wait 15 days from order date to take it up with AA.
I haven't bothered yet, but I have a video screen capture of the entire transaction.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Same here.

I haven't bothered yet, but I have a video screen capture of the entire transaction.
I have a couple orders from Lenovo (nice 6x promo) and Backcountry from almost two weeks ago that only show on visit and no order. A petsmart order from just a couple days ago tracked within a day. Seems very hit or miss.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:38 am

I want to report back on a Bright Cellars snafu. Originally I was not credited 3000 miles for my order. They had claimed I used a different portal. After pushing back again, they went back and credited the 3000 miles to my account. However, the miles posted as bonus miles (not as loyalty points). I sent another e-mail to the same individual who had researched the missing miles about it posting as a bonus. She knew exactly what I was referring to, and said it was a known issue that would be corrected. The correction came through within a week, and the miles were properly credited as loyalty points.
vasantn likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dc10forlife
I want to report back on a Bright Cellars snafu. Originally I was not credited 3000 miles for my order. They had claimed I used a different portal. After pushing back again, they went back and credited the 3000 miles to my account. However, the miles posted as bonus miles (not as loyalty points). I sent another e-mail to the same individual who had researched the missing miles about it posting as a bonus. She knew exactly what I was referring to, and said it was a known issue that would be corrected. The correction came through within a week, and the miles were properly credited as loyalty points.
Good to know that someone is paying attention!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I opened a case for a single giftcard transaction after 2 weeks of not posting, they say it will take 4-8 weeks to resolve, lol...I hope they take it easy and not strain themselves with the work complexity...
vasantn likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by nk15
I opened a case for a single giftcard transaction after 2 weeks of not posting, they say it will take 4-8 weeks to resolve, lol...I hope they take it easy and not strain themselves with the work complexity...
As noted elsewhere, I have missing miles for a giftcard transaction, I'm 95% sure it was because I had a pop-up or ad blocker. I bought another GC and disabled the blocker and had no problem. But I'm still waiting for credit on the first purchases (3 separate ones, for a total of 7 GC's).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Great… bought $1000 in Visa gift cards a week ago. It was tracked in my visit history and received the tracking email but still nothing has posted.

I think people should really start complaining directly to AA since they’re the ones who are really pushing Cartera now.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by redtop43
As noted elsewhere, I have missing miles for a giftcard transaction, I'm 95% sure it was because I had a pop-up or ad blocker. I bought another GC and disabled the blocker and had no problem. But I'm still waiting for credit on the first purchases (3 separate ones, for a total of 7 GC's).
I have no ad blockers, all my purchases are similar, the order was captured and listed properly under site visits and I got a confirmation email of the transaction, they just need 2+8 weeks to credit the miles, is all....It's going to take them 3 months to do 10 seconds work.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
My GC purchase that posted correctly only took a few days, but I'm still waiting for the earlier ones. And still trying to find out what a "month" is.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:49 pm

I learned a pretty neat trick today at the grocery store. I had about 40 bucks and change left on a Visa gift card, and before I remembered to tell the cashier to charge that specific amount first, I swiped it and the system was able to know the exact balance that was remaining. Then I was easily able to pay the rest on another credit card. Maybe this is something that's been around for a while, but either way it was a delight to see and makes these things a lot easier to use.
Mbethy likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Glob, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
I am having this exact same issue with AAeshopping / BrightCellars. I've pushed back on both AAeshopping and sent a separate follow-up to Bright Cellars. I've said this elsewhere, but it is kind of disappointing because Bright Cellars' wine is pretty decent for the price and convenience factor. Arbitrarily denying promotional incentives is rather disappointing.

Originally Posted by PHL
My wine arrived, but the AA EShopping portal still only shows it as a visit but no order. I reached out to Laithewait on a chat and they said the wrong promo code was used?! They referenced some other partner I never heard of. I guess I have to wait 15 days from order date to take it up with AA.
Laithwaites also did not report my purchase made about a month ago, and they are saying the same as here. I didn't apply a promo code and clicked directly from AAeshopping and placed my order, inputting only shipping, email and credit card information...

FWIW, these are the only two wine clubs that have not tracked. No problems with WSJWine, NakedWines, Winc, or Vinesse.
nk15 likes this.

Last edited by Raylan; Mar 23, 2022 at 1:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.