Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:28 pm

Why do I have to request an email for a code every time I want to log in to my account? Even though I check off the option to remember my computer every time.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timzheng
Why do I have to request an email for a code every time I want to log in to my account? Even though I check off the option to remember my computer every time.
Never seen that. You mean you have to do a password reset each time?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
Oh - and, for the record, my miles are now showing in the BD "review earned miles" area:

Code:
Checking Balance	08/08/2012
Whew... a relief, all is right with the world again

Regards
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by timzheng
Same problem using IE9. Tried on Firefox and the problem disappeared.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:59 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Never seen that. You mean you have to do a password reset each time?
Same problem for me on Firefox. It's not a reset, but it asks you to confirm a security question or have your account confirmed by email. You can check a box to "register" your computer as personal (it's making sure your account isn't being accessed publicly and not by you). However, this check box no longer "sticks" and you have to do this step each time.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I just noticed that BD is now rounding DOWN to the nearest $1,000 on deposit.

i.e. $9,000 earns 900 miles. $9,999 earns 900 miles. $10,000 earns 1,000 miles.

I just sent them a note to confirm this is how it's meant to work - since the new monthly fee means that a nice round balance actually drops each month.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by daveland
I just noticed that BD is now rounding DOWN to the nearest $1,000 on deposit.

i.e. $9,000 earns 900 miles. $9,999 earns 900 miles. $10,000 earns 1,000 miles.

I just sent them a note to confirm this is how it's meant to work - since the new monthly fee means that a nice round balance actually drops each month.
Been that way for a while... technically it conforms to their policy of 100 miles per $1000.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by scubadu
Indeed, we should definitely queue up the hysteria.
I'm a bit disappointed that it took this long.

P.S. - Maybe it's not BD that's slow to send the miles, but AA that's slow to post them. Maybe it has something to do with the bankruptcy.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:57 pm

Definitely why AA is bankrupt
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Same problem for me on Firefox. It's not a reset, but it asks you to confirm a security question or have your account confirmed by email. You can check a box to "register" your computer as personal (it's making sure your account isn't being accessed publicly and not by you). However, this check box no longer "sticks" and you have to do this step each time.
Yepp, having same problem for couple of months now, take it as one more quirk that I got to live with ............
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:26 am

BankDirect miles have shown up in my AA account.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JATR4
BankDirect miles have shown up in my AA account.
Just like old times. BD one afternoon; AA the next morning.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Are you sure you guys don't have private browsing or something turned on? Or have your cookies/cache cleared automatically when you close your browser? I never have this problem unless it's been a long time since I've logged into the site with a given browser.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Steve M
I'm a bit disappointed that it took this long.
I suggest you get used to it, seems to be the new norm. Those of us who have been enjoying this gravy train for a while are accustomed to the (apparent) 1980s technology.

Originally Posted by Steve M
P.S. - Maybe it's not BD that's slow to send the miles, but AA that's slow to post them.
Doubtful, see following quote:
Just like old times. BD one afternoon; AA the next morning.
Its been that way for my 2-3 years with BD. BD may be slow to post them but they invariably post to AA within 2 to 24 hrs of being posted on the BD site.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by barelyelite
Been that way for a while... technically it conforms to their policy of 100 miles per $1000.
Yep, they confirmed it by email to me. Although I love how while I specifically asked about rounding down and such, they just reiterated the policy verbatim. And you're right, technically it does conform. I guess before the service charge started automatically lowering balances each month, I wouldn't have noticed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.