Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by AZbba
Ah that did it. The miles show as processed on 6/8 so they should hit tonight.
And they did!

MIke
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:37 pm

I have question regarding BankDirect's New Certificate of Deposit. Here is the info copied from Bankdirect.com:

Earn 1,000 miles for every $1,000 invested in a two-year Mileage CD purchase up to $200,000. Additionally earn 25 miles per $1,000 invested over $200,000.**
Earn 500 miles for every $1,000 invested in on a one year Mileage CD purchase up to $200,000. Additionally earn 25 miles for $1,000 invested over $200,000.**
Earn 250 miles for every $1,000 invested in a six month Mileage CD purchase up to $200,000. Additionally earn 25 miles per $1,000 invested over $200,000.**

is the earned miles paid by month? otherwise it does not make any sense. For example, if you have $1,000, it will generate 100 miles each month if you put the money in the checking account, over the six months, you will get 600 miles. but you only get 250 miles if you lock it in a six month Mileage CD. And you get less miles if you lock the money for longer CD. The bank makes more money out of CD than the regular checking. It seems not true here at BankDirect? or I misunderstood it?

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the point is, the interest rate is higher for the longer periods.

The miles are issued once, not monthly, for the CDs.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amazing that no one started complaining yet that their monthly miles haven't posted. Had a calm come over FT?

In any event, I see my miles now on the BD site, so I expect we'll all see them on AA after midnight, Texas time.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:43 pm

Bank Direct referral?

I am planning on opening bankdirect AA saving account. My understanding is it pays 100 miles per month for every $1000 in the account. Is that correct? Also any bonus for using a referal from someone who already has an account?
Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
Yes. 100 miles per month per $1000.
For referral, both parties get an bonus 1000 miles.

PM me for referral.

Originally Posted by ziqch
I am planning on opening bankdirect AA saving account. My understanding is it pays 100 miles per month for every $1000 in the account. Is that correct? Also any bonus for using a referal from someone who already has an account?
Thanks

Last edited by pmat2009; Jul 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:10 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ziqch
Thanks
This thread, originally posted in the MilesBuzz forum, has been merged into our existing BankDirect thread in the AA forum. If you need a referral, please feel free to use this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks! /Moderator
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Amazing that no one started complaining yet that their monthly miles haven't posted. Had a calm come over FT?

In any event, I see my miles now on the BD site, so I expect we'll all see them on AA after midnight, Texas time.
It has not materialized. They are in my BD account but not in my AA account as of now.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
It has not materialized. They are in my BD account but not in my AA account as of now.
Yup. First time I've seen that. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup. First time I've seen that. Hopefully tomorrow.
No dice. It would be Tuesday the earliest I am afraid.

I haven't paid close attention on when it shows up in AA account but tend to remember it is just a day or so after it shows up in BD account. Dont recall the time lapse ever is longer than 2 days.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
No dice. It would be Tuesday the earliest I am afraid.

I haven't paid close attention on when it shows up in AA account but tend to remember it is just a day or so after it shows up in BD account. Dont recall the time lapse ever is longer than 2 days.
Agreed - two days, max, historically.

BD is good and doing something different every month. Who knew they could come up with so many permutations of what should be an automated process?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Hate this uncertainty!!!

Really hate that we have to wait for unspecified number of days to see miles in the account. Why it can't be a specific date every single month just like the monthly charge which is always on the last working day? Why is there no uncertainty in the monthly charge assessed date?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed - two days, max, historically.

BD is good and doing something different every month. Who knew they could come up with so many permutations of what should be an automated process?
Originally Posted by fromfall98
Really hate that we have to wait for unspecified number of days to see miles in the account. Why it can't be a specific date every single month just like the monthly charge which is always on the last working day? Why is there no uncertainty in the monthly charge assessed date?
So true. But this just adds to the suspense and the perennial speculation whether BD is solvent, blah blah blah.

Just treats BD is a necessary evil and you would be less upset.

Talk about automatic process, I have AS debit card from BofA that earns 1 mile for every $2 spent - the posting dates also vary a great deal - from the 6th the earliest to 12th in one month when BofA said they had some difficulty... More in the norm is the 9th about 1/2 of the time. Now you would think this is month after month after month a standard procedure, why would they not run on the same date with fixed schedule, barring weekend and holidays involved?!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by fromfall98
My guess is that there is a manual process at BD to calculate miles due and to post them to AA. The reason that the monthly account fee always posts reliably is that it's automated by the bank software. It's unlikely that the bank software that they use (provided by a third party) has a built-in feature that calculates miles due as "10% of avg collect balance up to $200000, then 2.5% thereafter" and can generate an extract that AA will accept. The month-to-month variance in posting date is easily explained by a person having to do it each month, along with other month-end tasks. And with last week being a holiday week, extra days off might mean extra delays. It really isn't a mystery.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
On BD, it says miles posted on 7/6/12, but not showing up on AA on 7/9/12. I don't remember the delay between it posting on BD and showing up on AA to be this long before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.