Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Did not read the entire thread but is the long and the short of it need 200k to
Maximize bonus.
That's where the good ratio (1 mile per month per $10) ends and the worse (but still potentially better than interest) ratio (1 mile per month per $25) begins.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 2:06 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Did not read the entire thread but is the long and the short of it need 200k to
Maximize bonus.
Per BankDirect:
Earn 100 miles per month for every $1000.00 of the collected balance in your Mileage Checking Account up to the first $200,000. Earn an additional 25 miles per $1,000 in balances over $200,000, WITH NO CAP!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Add the Mileage MM Acct. to transfer balances over 200k to receive 50 miles per 1k on average daily balance.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: many
Datapoint: The payroll direct deposit bonus is a big challenge for those with irregular payroll. They granted it with some pressing but I would not attempt it again unless you had a consistent and very steady stream of payroll that marries very well with what was reported as your annual income on the sign up application. If you fall outside of that, I suggest not attempting or plan for have wasted 3months of dd.

No plans to commit to the bill pay nor check card bonuses, the average balance is enough for now.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - I slogged through the 12 months of bill pay for myself and my wife (took 15 months on my account) and it wasn't easy. They put up plenty of barriers. But I did get the 5K points x2 in the end.

Best bet with BD is to keep a low profile, keep a tiny bit of activity to keep it active, log in once a month to keep the profile active, be happy (very happy!) with the monthly miles, and don't expect much else.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I am a very happy BD customer and enjoying the 20K miles each month.

Does anyone know of a similar company offering United Miles? I have searched high and low without any luck so I am guessing that the answer is no, but its always worth a shot!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
No, this is the only one of it's kind.

Originally Posted by bar001
I am a very happy BD customer and enjoying the 20K miles each month.

Does anyone know of a similar company offering United Miles? I have searched high and low without any luck so I am guessing that the answer is no, but its always worth a shot!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Thanks for the reply!

I assumed it was one of a kind but i'd always hoped not!

Still not going to complain though! Just gonna keep a low profile and hope they don't change anything!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:05 am
LRD

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Anyone else having problems getting to the "Manage your Account" page on BD?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LRD
Anyone else having problems getting to the "Manage your Account" page on BD?
Nope. Working for me.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah - I slogged through the 12 months of bill pay for myself and my wife (took 15 months on my account) and it wasn't easy. They put up plenty of barriers. But I did get the 5K points x2 in the end.

Best bet with BD is to keep a low profile, keep a tiny bit of activity to keep it active, log in once a month to keep the profile active, be happy (very happy!) with the monthly miles, and don't expect much else.
As far as account activity goes, is it enough to just "wire" over 30 bucks every few months to pay the fee? Logic would suggest "yes." I don't have any reason or need to do more.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 9:21 pm

Does the name on the bankdirect account have to match the name on the AA account?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not logged in since early Sept because we went on a long trip.

I just tried to log in and found the site now has a "Passport Log In" and asked for "Access ID". The Passport Log In stuff was from 2007?! Of course it would not take my user id at all.
I vaguely recall this happened in the past during some late night update or on the weekends.

However right now it is Eastern time 5:40pm and the site is out of mission.

Does anyone have any log in issue lately?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Site Issues

I just logged on, everything is fine on my end.

Originally Posted by Happy

I just tried to log in and found the site now has a "Passport Log In" and asked for "Access ID". The Passport Log In stuff was from 2007?! Of course it would not take my user id at all.
I vaguely recall this happened in the past during some late night update or on the weekends.

Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Happy

Your account has perhaps gone inactive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.