Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 2:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I know there's been talk about this; I've read part but not all of the thread. However, per terms and conditions (emphasis added): "Register PRIOR TO TRAVEL to qualify for this special offer by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below." Doesn't sound like the hold date, or even the purchase date controls. What am I missing?
You're missing the fact that there were three timing requirements:
1) Purchase within the promotional window
2) Travel within the promotional window
3) Register before travel

The term you quote hits point 3, but does not address point 1, which is the issue to which you are responding.
Old May 19, 2009, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by PABitz
You're missing the fact that there were three timing requirements:
1) Purchase within the promotional window
2) Travel within the promotional window
3) Register before travel

The term you quote hits point 3, but does not address point 1, which is the issue to which you are responding.
Thanks - got it. (and thanks for your restraint in your answer)
Old May 19, 2009, 6:05 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Welcome to FT, Ord Liza!
Old May 19, 2009, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Panamajon513
We shall see if AAgent Nicholas B was coorect about his first/second week of June assertion, though he was wrong about everything else he told me about the program...
I am going to go out on a limb here and say I think they will post the last week of May. Not only that, but there will be more "stuff" this fall.
Old May 19, 2009, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I am going to go out on a limb here and say I think they will post the last week of May. Not only that, but there will be more "stuff" this fall.
For what it's worth, I spoke with "Erica" at AA gold desk today and she told me (as had another agent a few days ago) that they would be processing DQM's around the 11th of June, but that she didn't know through which date (5/31?, 6/11?, etc) they would be pulling the miles from.

Of course, she also told me that if you qualify for Plat or EXP thru June 15th, 2009 you are only Plat or EXP through Feb. 2010... I've seen this discussed on FT, and I've read where people say that is the case for challenges, not for meeting the 50 or 100,000 mile limits, (and I checked the WIKI), but it is still disturbing to have someone put me on hold for 10 minutes to check with customer service and still come back with that.
Old May 19, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Club Gold, HHonors Gold
Of course, she also told me that if you qualify for Plat or EXP thru June 15th, 2009 you are only Plat or EXP through Feb. 2010... I've seen this discussed on FT, and I've read where people say that is the case for challenges, not for meeting the 50 or 100,000 mile limits, (and I checked the WIKI), but it is still disturbing to have someone put me on hold for 10 minutes to check with customer service and still come back with that.
That really worries me. I qualified for Gold via segments and got my card in the mail with an expiration of 2/11. I will qualify for platinum via EQM on the 29th of this month, but have seen many references here that I will only hold that status for 9 months.
Old May 19, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP || AA Lifetime Plat closing in on 4MM
I highly doubt they programmed their system to track both DBEQM's and EQM's separately. But hey, if they want to give me 8 eVips through 2/2010 when I qualify with DBEQM's and another 8 valid through 2/2011 when I "qualify" the hard way in June, I'll take it!
Old May 19, 2009, 8:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

This is the second mention I've seen of this in the DBEQM context. I still don't believe it, but it is disturbing to have agents saying this. Perhaps anyone already calling for DBEQM issues should ask about this just to get more concensus.

Cheers.
Old May 20, 2009, 12:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by brp
This is the second mention I've seen of this in the DBEQM context. I still don't believe it, but it is disturbing to have agents saying this. Perhaps anyone already calling for DBEQM issues should ask about this just to get more concensus.
Well, even if the agents are unanimous in conveying this misinformation, they are wrong. Like vitacura, I already have a new card (for which I requalified with the help of DBEQM), and it says valid through 2/11.
Old May 20, 2009, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Same here, with the GLD card they sent me in May, which was partly acheived thru DBEQMs.

Hopefully the PLT card will say the same thing.

Originally Posted by Ready2Go
Well, even if the agents are unanimous in conveying this misinformation, they are wrong. Like vitacura, I already have a new card (for which I requalified with the help of DBEQM), and it says valid through 2/11.
Old May 20, 2009, 7:48 am

I spoke this morning with Scott, a supervisor in customer service. He said that, as everyone thought, it doesn't matter if you qualify before or after June 15th unless you are doing a challenge. He thinks that the agent who provided the misinformation was confusing regular qualification with challenge qualification. Unfortunately, there are now at least 2 people who answer questions at the gold desk who are misinformed and may pass the misinformation on.

BTW, he also gave on or about June 11th for the next DQM date and guessed that only miles thru a date a couple of weeks prior to that would be dealt with at that time.
Old May 20, 2009, 9:22 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
BTW, he also gave on or about June 11th for the next DQM date and guessed that only miles thru a date a couple of weeks prior to that would be dealt with at that time.
While I had a CS person tell me yesterday that they're posting on a rolling basis, around six weeks after the flights. My first 2x EQM flight was in mid April, so I should know if smoke was being blown within a week or so. It would be nice to get some definitive word on this, in case my math is in error and I'm left with little reaction time before the promo ends.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, UA 1P, HH Gold, HGVC
The PLT card I recently received said good thru 2/11 as well. We'll see when the EXP card arrives in the near future.
Old May 23, 2009, 7:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Given flight booking+travel patterns and the timing of AA batch run for DBEQM calculations, some customers may have a EQM:EQP ratio as high as 4:1.

Originally Posted by brp
To amplify- it seems that they're counting the hold date as the "booking" date, and that's what the promotion is based upon.

That's effectively the PNR creation date being used.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:12 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder

That's effectively the PNR creation date being used.
Very good, and straightforward, way to look at it. Forget about "book" "hold" "purchase." When are you assigned a PNR number? That's the relevant date.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.