Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Chill, guys. Just chill. Your miles will post when they post.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by lili
Chill, guys. Just chill. Your miles will post when they post.
Easy for you (or me) to say, since we don't need a bump in status.
However, I understand the impatience of people going up in status.
I am in no hurry as long as they post by Feb.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 4:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by mvoight
Easy for you (or me) to say, since we don't need a bump in status.
However, I understand the impatience of people going up in status.
I am in no hurry as long as they post by Feb.
I forget that not everybody is EXP LOL

well I guess it just seems like it these days
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:22 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Not yet, anyway.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by MichaelColey
Not yet, anyway.
wow you are 0.85mm already? You are good!!

I kinda miss the MR that I did couple weeks ago already. Wish I could've booked beforehand. I hope they will do it again next year then you'll prolly see me somewhere in the airport
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by anchor79
wow you are 0.85mm already? You are good!!
That's 0.85 million miles towards lifetime status. Most of that is from credit card spend, Citi AA card signup bonuses, Gexa, and other sources besides flying (although 200k of it is from LAX-BOS runs last month).

I'm at 51k EQM (102k after DEQM posts) for the year.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

well I guess it just seems like it these days
It's true that last year I had gotten bumped down to GLD after a big decline in travel in 2007, so last year's DBEQM promotion did indeed get me back to PLT faster than otherwise. I can't remember if they posted those miles at the end of the promotion or not, but it seems they did.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not yet, anyway.
I think there is a tremendous amount of exclusivity to being AA EXP. Imagine how DL and CO top tiers feel in that their top tier a dime a dozen!

Speaking of, I recently posed a question in the Continental forum requesting specifics on how the top tier EXP AAdvantage compares to the top tier Platinum OnePass. I am moving to Houston and was considering doing the status match to CO Platinum and switching airlilnes -- basically for nonstop flights out of one of their major hubs rather than connecting to DFW or ORD each time on AA. Although it might appear that CO has a better product and my time value is extremely important to me; the top tier program/perks don't compare at all. So I've decided to stick to AA to maintain EXP. Connecting to DFW/ORD won't be the end of the world...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:17 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rudykarimi
I think there is a tremendous amount of exclusivity to being AA EXP.
Not with these double EQM promos there isn't

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by brp
Not with these double EQM promos there isn't

Cheers.
True the exclusivity will decline a bit, but still, far better off than a top tier CO or DL. Some CO Plats said their upgrade % averages around 33%... Others around 50%... While AA has NOT upgraded me on just a handful of my 60+ segments so far this year. I can't speak for others but I imagine upgrade for EXPs to hover well above 80%, which to me is exceptional! ^
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:27 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rudykarimi
True the exclusivity will decline a bit, but still, far better off than a top tier CO or DL. Some CO Plats said their upgrade % averages around 33%... Others around 50%... While AA has NOT upgraded me on just a handful of my 60+ segments so far this year. I can't speak for others but I imagine upgrade for EXPs to hover well above 80%, which to me is exceptional! ^
Oh, I was just kidding here. The change in EXP ranks resulting from these promotions are minuscule. As for upgrades, I'm at 87.5% since 2004,and this counts the fact that most of these are upgrades for two of us. As a single upgrader, I'd imagine it would be somewhat higher.

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by brp
Oh, I was just kidding here. The change in EXP ranks resulting from these promotions are minuscule.
I agree! ^
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:19 am

When it comes to upgrade percentages, I think it's tough to beat US Airways. I'm 100% as Platinum (often with a companion, which is a free upgrade with them) and am not even at their top level yet. Most CP's (their top level) report 95% or higher. I was over 70% as Silver, which is their lowest level. Many complain that their First product isn't as good and their service is inconsistent, but I can tolerate that with a high upgrade percentage, free upgrades, and free companion upgrades.

But overall, I agree that EXP on AA looks to be better than the top level on any other domestic airline. Those EVIPs are a tremendous value, and the free upgrades are even more valuable when lower level elites have to use a limited supply of stickers. United is the only one that I think comes close, and I think even 1ks have to pay for their upgrades.

I know it was a big concern last year with AADER, but I agree with those who don't think DEQM makes that big of a dilution. Us "EXP-lites" fly quite a bit less than the true road warrior EXPs.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know it was a big concern last year with AADER, but I agree with those who don't think DEQM makes that big of a dilution.
Actually, AADER was not a big concern to anyone who had a firm grasp of the insignificance of FT, MRs and people who even knew about the promotion with regard to the total number of elites.

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
I really should have made a big push to take better advantage of the current promotion, as a couple TATLs would have likely pushed me to EXP at least by year's end. But I had two qualms: one, that if I got to EXP, I could never go back and it would be challenging to maintain, and two, I would have felt a little guilty flying to Europe without DH, who has limited vacation time. (I would not likely do a true MR, since there are so many places I want to visit that I would want to stay a few days wherever I went). I did do a transcon to visit some friends but overall will net probably 10K bonus EQMs at most. As it is, I should remain PLT without any problems so I'll take that for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.