Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Priority Gold, National Executive
Do they appear as a transaction in the "view my miles" section or do they just get added to the YTD Elite Qualifying Miles balance in the summary?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
Originally Posted by onthewineroute
Do they appear as a transaction in the "view my miles" section or do they just get added to the YTD Elite Qualifying Miles balance in the summary?
No line transaction, you will just see them added to the EQM's.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 5:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
A pre-promotion purchase ticket that has been cancelled and had its residual value applied to pay for a new reservation (i.e., new record locator) and new ticket (with an entirely different itinerary) still may have a date notation in the ORIGINAL ISSUE field on the passenger receipt that pre-dates the start of the promotion.

Will AA's system batch run for calculating the DBEQM promotion rely upon the DATE OF ISSUE noted on the passenger receipt and/or PNR creation date, or will it (also) look into info stored in the ORIGINAL ISSUE field that may have some date info there?
The AA system batch run for DBEQM does not "(also) look into info stored in the ORIGINAL ISSUE field that may have some date info there", so the answer to the question is the former.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
My 4/7-4/9 MIA-LAS-MIA DBEQM posted on or about 4/25 and launched me well into Gold status.

My 4/19-4/22 MIA-LAS-MIA hasn't posted yet but at 8,700 EQMs per round trip, when it does post I'll be just one trip shy of Platinum status, and I'm doing the same trip again this Sunday ^

The nicest thing about all of this is that my assistant randomly booked a whole whack of trips for me on exactly the date the promotion started, and had she booked them a day earlier I would be p**sed, mightily
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:05 pm

I registered and got confirmation of the registration for the DBEQM promotion on March 26, which was prior to any travel. All of my travel was booked and purchased after March 18th and have traveled plenty prior to the 4/15 date that appears to be a cutoff for these most recent postings. I have received zero bonus eqms. I called AAdvantage and was told by a rep that I should not be concerned as the postings shouldn't start until April 30th. So I'm not sure if they are randomly updating accounts or what.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by faloppi
I registered and got confirmation of the registration for the DBEQM promotion on March 26, which was prior to any travel. All of my travel was booked and purchased after March 18th and have traveled plenty prior to the 4/15 date that appears to be a cutoff for these most recent postings. I have received zero bonus eqms. I called AAdvantage and was told by a rep that I should not be concerned as the postings shouldn't start until April 30th. So I'm not sure if they are randomly updating accounts or what.

When I called last week, they told me that the DBEQMs wouldn't post until 6 to 8 weeks after the conclusion of the promo on June 15, (around the end of July) so it looks like they are getting just as much varied information as we are!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by Panamajon513
When I called last week, they told me that the DBEQMs wouldn't post until 6 to 8 weeks after the conclusion of the promo on June 15, (around the end of July) so it looks like they are getting just as much varied information as we are!
I believe this is in the T&C you read (didn't you?) before signing up. It was quite clear as I recall.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not conclusion of the promo but rather six to eight weeks after qualifying activity is complete

Old Apr 29, 2009, 8:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
DBEQM bonus adjustment takes place within 6 to 8 weeks after qualifying activity is completed.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
DBEQM bonus adjustment takes place within 6 to 8 weeks after qualifying activity is completed.
While this is in T&C's, some people have reported getting credit already for travel through 4/15
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75k, AA EXP, Subway Sub Club
another data point: DEQMs for my NRT trip (concluding 4/13) posted last week.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
Originally Posted by mvoight
While this is in T&C's, some people have reported getting credit already for travel through 4/15
OTOH, no credit yet for travel late March
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by NWAOldtimer
OTOH, no credit yet for travel late March
Just got this email from AA:

Thank you for participating in our Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles promotion for travel booked and flown starting March 18, 2009, and continuing through June 15, 2009 (Promotion Code DBEQM).

A total of 4,350 additional elite-status qualifying miles have been posted to your account based on your flight activity as of April 18, 2009. As you continue to fly during the offer period, you will receive additional email notifications regarding the posting of double elite-qualifying miles.

When I saw the heading I went straight to my account and was disappointed to see that my last trip, April 19-22, had actually not been included... but then I read the rest of the e-mail "flight activity as of April 18, 2009" and it was all good.

The strange thing is, these miles were posted already, last week. So the e-mail was a week late
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Just got this email:

Your AAdvantage Double Elite Status Qualifying Miles Have Posted

AAdvantage(R) Number: abcdefg

Your Double Elite Status Qualifying Miles Have Posted To Your AAdvantage(R) Account

Dear edlin303,

Thank you for participating in our Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles promotion for travel booked and flown starting March 18, 2009, and continuing through June 15, 2009 (Promotion Code DBEQM).

Promotion details:

A total of 1,234 additional elite-status qualifying miles have been posted to your account based on your flight activity as of April 18, 2009. As you continue to fly during the offer period, you will receive additional email notifications regarding the posting of double elite-qualifying miles.

To check your account, login and view the summary of your YTD Elite Qualifying Miles. This updated total includes your bonus elite qualifying miles. Please note that you will not see a separate transaction in the detail portion of your summary. And, as a reminder, since this promotion only applied to elite qualifying miles, no corresponding updates are reflected in your Program to Date Miles or Total Available Award Mileage balances.

Congratulations! We hope this puts you well on your way to qualifying or re-qualifying for elite status* and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Sincerely,

Rob Friedman
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs

*Customers qualifying for an elite status level as a result of this promotion will receive their new credentials within 4 to 6 weeks. The benefits associated with your new elite status level will, however, take effect immediately on the date the additional elite-status qualifying miles were posted to your account and will apply to all eligible flight activity occurring on or after that date.

Terms and Conditions:
Double elite-status qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel, but do count toward qualification for AAdvantage Gold(R), AAdvantage Platinum(R), and AAdvantage Executive Platinum(R) status. AAdvantage elite-status qualifying double-mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection marketed and operated flights between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible^ for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld(R) alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Registration prior to travel is required. This offer does not increment the member's elite-qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the elite-qualifying miles earned for each applicable flight and will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within six to eight weeks after the qualifying activity is posted to your account.

Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Just got this email from AA:
Oops, spent too much time editing my post. You beat me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.