Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA FRA 2009 manifest - who's on board? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
DFW-FRA Feb 7 Y waitlisted for J, FRA-DFW Feb 8 J
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:31 pm

Heading out in Y DFW-FRA Feb 7, in row 31, back in J FRA-DFW Feb 8
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Can you please add the two of us to the manifest for:

ORD-FRA 2/19
FRA-ORD 2/22

We would have been on the FRA-DFW flight but I saw only a few J class seats available and when row 31 was taken completely, I realized that we would not get our upgrade, so we got banned on the ORD flight.

While BRP is going for non-MR reasons, I'd like to argue that we are going for work reasons too, Biofach in Nuernberg, an organic food show.

has anybody noticed how AA.com won't let you book German train segments currently as part of multi city res? Or is it just me?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by wherenext
Heading out in Y DFW-FRA Feb 7, in row 31, back in J FRA-DFW Feb 8
Cool, I am in J both ways. Look forward to seeing you!

Safe Travels.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
FR Manifest updated through post #79. Let me know if I messed up any dates
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Hoo-rah! My EVIPs cleared!!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For the culturally curious, other things to do in Mainz (other than the Platz, cathedral and Gutenberg's place,) be sure to visit the Roman Ship Museum / Musuem of Ancient Ship Bulding. Mainz is over 2,000 years old, and has plenty to see and do.

A shower and a small breakfast at the AC, on the rails and there you are...

Old Mainz

Roman Mainz

Mainz Museums

Mainz Events (It's way too late for the Christmas Fair, but Carnival is around the corner...)

You can also visit Wiesbaden, or visit the Rheingau at touristy but pleasant (and not crowded as in summer) Rüdesheim, easily - public transit via bus and rail are easy. The local tourist office offers economical excursions that include the scenic Niederwald denkmal,

You might catch me wandering there... next weekend.

OTOH, if you stay in Frankfurt, there are things to do and an excellent Zoo, home of the Grzimeks of Serengeti fame.

Originally Posted by brp
We're stying in Frankfurt for a couple of days (already have the hotel booked, although I think it can be canceled) 2/28-3/2. We were looking for a side trip for the full day there and it sounds like Mainz may be just what we're seeking. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Just checked, and it was a special, "non-cancellable" rate..so day trip it would be

Cheers.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 30, 2009 at 10:58 am Reason: edit link
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
ByrdluvsAWACO, I didn't get my trip because I didn't give you enough info. Going through ORD-FRA on 2-19 and returning FRA-ORD on 2-23. Upgrades all cleared in Dec.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Is it just me or does anyone else find the hotels in FRA to be inordinately expensive?

Guess it's irrelevant to those on true MR's, but I've been looking at actually lingering and checking something besides the airport.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by benzguy80
Is it just me or does anyone else find the hotels in FRA to be inordinately expensive?

Guess it's irrelevant to those on true MR's, but I've been looking at actually lingering and checking something besides the airport.
Munich is only a 2 hour train ride away, and I find it a lot more scenic...although that doesn't really address the hotel cost issue
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:21 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Using the IHG 2-4-1 rate, you can find several area hotels at less than €46.50/night. For example, there are four area hotels available under that price for 02/20 - 02/22. And, that includes all taxes/fees.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Look at the National Hotel which is a block from the main train station. A few of us stayed there last year on FRA trips at around 50 euros a night. I have an upcoming trip where I'm staying next door at the Hotel Colour to try it out (was slightly cheaper). I have photos of my single room at the National starting HERE.

You also might be running into a trade show. In my trip next month I don't hit Frankfurt until Wednesday, as the hotel rates were very high at the start of the week due to a trade show. I'm doing two night in Munich before coming up to Frankfurt ($91 LHR-MUC fares).
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by thechosenuno
Munich is only a 2 hour train ride away, and I find it a lot more scenic...although that doesn't really address the hotel cost issue

It is actually over 3.5 hours if you get a direct train.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:11 am

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
As others have said, go to Mainz--less than 30 minutes away from FRA and only 3.70 euro on the S8 regional train. Great little city that's older than dirt and cleaner than what you're used to in the US, authentic food, and low-priced top-notch hotels.

Now sitting in the FRA AC waiting for the flight home. What a great way to spend a weekend. I'll be in 21H on AA 83.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:45 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""

Starwood Cash and Points? $60 US at the very nice Sheraton in the airport/train station. Transportation to everywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.