Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA FRA 2009 manifest - who's on board? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Is there any way at all around the Sat night stay to get the good fares?

I would love to do another run to FRA out of RDU, but I absolutely MUST be back in my office by 10am on Monday morning, and given the unpredictability of winter weather at ORD, I'm hesitant to risk getting delayed on the return. (Last winter I spent a couple of nights stranded in snow at ORD upon returning from FRA.)

I'm totally free on Fridays, so I was looking at flying out on Friday and back on Saturday, but it prices out at $2200+. (vs. $430++ on Sat/Sun)

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I decided to route via DFW on Valentine's Day weekend. That way, there will be 3 possible domestic connections on the Sunday return, all mainline, in case FRA-DFW is delayed. Plus, if FRA-DFW gets canceled, I could still get on FRA-ORD-RDU.

Last edited by ESpen36; Jan 23, 2009 at 11:22 am
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
When I booked my FRA MR earlier this week, my turnaround came up with $546.60 AI. Flying out of LAX 1:00AM on 2/21 connecting at DFW to FRA, turnaround at FRA for about 2.5 hours, and coming back via DFW-SNA-SJC-LAX by 2/22 10:45PM. I'm currently waiting for EVIPs to clear so I can catch some sleep on the flight

Counting elite bonus miles, it comes down to 1.99 CPM. Now it's just the thought of what I'm supposed to do for the long 9 hour layover at DFW! I was thinking about renting a car and going over to the CR Smith Museum that I always wanted to go.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
My above-referenced LBB-FRA-LBB run will yield a total of 31,860 miles, plus another 1,178 miles for using my Citibank VISA CC to pay--total per mile cost is 1.78 cents. And that out of Lubbock! Who would have thunk, as they say around here. Thanks, FT!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Anyone running to FRA 2/28-3/1 through FRA?

Let me know! Let's lounge hop.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thechosenuno
Let me know! Let's lounge hop.
I have a question about that: are there any other OW lounges (besides the AC) that AA pax can use at FRA? I see a huge list on OW.com, but most of them seem to be located in concourses where AA typically does not operate.

OR....is there an airside connector hallway to get between C-D-E-etc.? (To be honest, I haven't spent much time inside security at FRA because I'm mostly at the AC, so when I go through security I go straight to the gate without wandering.)
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
My above-referenced LBB-FRA-LBB run will yield a total of 31,860 miles, plus another 1,178 miles for using my Citibank VISA CC to pay--total per mile cost is 1.78 cents. And that out of Lubbock! Who would have thunk, as they say around here. Thanks, FT!

Impressive. How did you make that work? I thought these fares out of Texas have a mileage limit of 6,500 or 7,000 one way, but you easily doubled that.

What is your fare basis for it?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
I played around with a gazillion different routings coming out of LBB, using only the AA website, changing a lot of routings and narrowing down the longest and still doable route. I couldn't replicate this fare through Orbitz or Travelocity, and I didn't mess around with ITA--I still can't figure that one out. I also thought about extending things from FRA to Cologne or ZMU (train segments) and then coming back, but that increased the fare by about $150 to $200--I can't remember exactly. I finally had spent so much time that I didn't call AA to figure out whether a few other small detours would make a price difference.

I am booked into N, all the way. Straight LBB-DFW-FRA fares would have been marginally cheaper.

Now I am looking for an advantageous routing LBB-TXL March 18 to 23 to see the old man. One pure MR is enough for a while.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Talking FRA MR Manifest 2009! Who's onboard?

Now that AA has decided to reduce their fees and fares, I thought it would be fun to do another FT manifest. I'm going to be doing a handful of MR's to keep EXP and to spend some eVIPs.

So who else is onboard and when?

FRA Manifest

ORD-FRA (Jan 30)

ByrdluvsAWACO (J)
AAbuzzard

ORD-FRA (Jan 30)

otamxuan

FRA-ORD (Feb 1)

ByrdluvsAWACO (J)

FRA-ORD (Feb 2)

otamxuan

FRA-DFW (Feb 3)

skywalkerLAX

ORD-FRA (Feb 6)

planecrashlaw

DFW-FRA (Feb 7)

GTITAN
john93711
wherenext (Row 31)

ORD-FRA (Feb 7)

ByrdluvsAWACO (J)
Stephentao

FRA-DFW (Feb 8)

GTITAN
john93711 (J)
wherenext (J)
FRA-ORD (Feb 8)

planecrashlaw
ByrdluvsAWACO (J)
Stephentao

DFW-FRA (Feb 12)

Pedro M (J)

ORD-FRA (Feb 13)

arollins
GeneCMH

ORD-FRA (Feb 14)

ByrdluvsAWACO (J)
thecleave
benzguy80
Halo117
ty97

DFW-FRA (Feb 14)

ESpen36

FRA-ORD (Feb 15)

ByrdluvsAWACO (J)
arollins
Halo117
ty97

FRA-DFW (Feb 15)

ESpen36
GeneCMH

FRA-ORD (Feb 16)

thecleave

FRA-DFW (Feb 16)

benzguy80

FRA-DFW (Feb 17)

Pedro M (J)

ORD-FRA (Feb 19)

Deltahater
weinskkb

ORD-FRA (Feb 20)

Kinsale
BogeyMan (J)

DFW-FRA (Feb 20)

bpauker (J)
denCSA
ben1979 (J)
iamthehpt

ORD-FRA (Feb 21)

thecleave (J)
wrxmom
ByrdluvsAWACO (J)

DFW-FRA (Feb 21)

kebosabi
fredmartens
steve32
DFWTTUFlyer

FRA-DFW (Feb 22)

kebosabi
denCSA
fredmartens
steve32
DFWTTUFlyer

FRA-ORD (Feb 22)

bpauker (J)
thecleave
Deltahater
ben1979
wrxmom
BogeyMan
iamthehpt

FRA-DFW (Feb 23)

Kinsale
weinskkb

FRA-ORD (Feb 25)

ByrdluvsAWACO (J)

DFW-FRA (Feb 25)

PapiTheWriter (J)

DFW-FRA (Feb 27)

brp

ORD-FRA (Feb 28)

ldpeters
funnyman1515

DFW-FRA (Feb 28)

thechosenuno
OCJoe
steve32
JohnnyVee
schuepbach

FRA-DFW (Mar 1)

thechosenuno
OCJoe
steve32
JohnnyVee

FRA-ORD (Mar 1)

ldpeters
funnyman1515

DFW-ORD (Mar 2)

brp

FRA-DFW (Mar 2)

schuepbach

FRA-DFW (Mar 4)

PapiTheWriter (J)

DFW-FRA (Mar 6)

777lover

ORD-FRA (Mar 7)

newyorkgeorge
Halo117 (J)

DFW-FRA (Mar 7)

thechosenuno
Stephentao

FRA-ORD (Mar 8)

newyorkgeorge
Halo117 (J)

DFW-ORD (Mar 8)

thechosenuno

FRA-DFW (Mar 8)

777lover
Stephentao

ORD-FRA (Mar 14)

thecleave

FRA-ORD (Mar 15)

thecleave

DFW-FRA (Mar 20)

Hroma

ORD-FRA (Mar 21)

thecleave
ByrdluvsAWACO (J)

FRA-ORD (Mar 22)

thecleave
Hroma

ORD-FRA (Mar 27)

Deltahater

DFW-FRA (Mar 27)

777lover

FRA-DFW (Mar 29)

777lover

FRA-ORD (Apr 5)

denCSA

FRA-DFW (Apr 6)

GW7Z

FRA-ORD (Apr 7)

Deltahater

Last edited by ByrdluvsAWACO; Feb 17, 2009 at 6:24 pm
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
I'm doing DFW-FRA (Feb 28) and FRA-DFW (March 1). Anyone else?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot, SPG, Hertz 5 Star
Might be interested in the DFW-FRA turn Feb 21. Have to check with wife on her schedule. Will post back.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Dfw-fra 2/20 (j)
fra-ord 2/22 (j)
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
DFW/FRA Feb 12 (J)
FRA/DFW Feb 17 (J)
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
am considering 2/14-2/15 run. Never done an MR before and admittedly feel a bit dorky about telling immigration/customs that I'll be in Germany for 3 hours, or for asking AA EXP desk to put in eVIPs for back-to-back flights (though I guess I wouldn't be the first)

And I have to figure out what to tell co-workers when they ask what I'm doing for the weekend. I can't imagine explaining this to them.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Consolidated thread for FT AA FRA listings etc.

Rather than allow a proliferation of threads about FT-AAers going to Frankfurt, this thread has been consolidated to allow it in this limited context: FT / FT-AA members using AA to/from FRA, discussion and plans. Please contain that discussion to this thread; new / other threads, as RBPd or brought to Moderators' attention, will be merged into this one.

(Normally, mileage runs are discussed in the Mileage Run Forum; events per se are discussed in the CommunitryVuzz! Forum. Disclaimer: This thread may yet relocate, with a referral link, depending on the entire Moderator team's decision.)

Thank you.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ty97
am considering 2/14-2/15 run. Never done an MR before and admittedly feel a bit dorky about telling immigration/customs that I'll be in Germany for 3 hours, or for asking AA EXP desk to put in eVIPs for back-to-back flights (though I guess I wouldn't be the first)
In general, immediate turnaround MRs don't make sense to me, but I understand that others do pursue this route. Having said that, I think the least item you need to worry about in determining whether to do this, is "feeling a bit dorky" re: immigration. It turns out, you actually aren't the first one to to this! And particularly at FRA, I suspect it's more strange to you than to them.

Originally Posted by ty97
And I have to figure out what to tell co-workers when they ask what I'm doing for the weekend. I can't imagine explaining this to them.
Well, I can't speak to your specific relationship with your co-workers, but personally I really don't feel compelled to explain anything to my co-workers about my personal life or weekend activities...

If doing this MR makes sense to you and yields the value you are seeking, then go for it!

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.