Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Chances of upgrade clearing / upgrade availability - 2012 and prior)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Chances of upgrade clearing / upgrade availability - 2012 and prior)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PL
Chances to upgrade on DFW/ORD-ANC?

Was trying to use EF to check the X availability for the beginning of Sep, but EF said

NOTE: AA X & R classes are not viewable on ExpertFlyer until 24 hrs before departure for many International and all US Domestic flights. Even then AA may not assign X & R classes to every flight.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by coolwind
Was trying to use EF to check the X availability for the beginning of Sep, but EF said

NOTE: AA X & R classes are not viewable on ExpertFlyer until 24 hrs before departure for many International and all US Domestic flights. Even then AA may not assign X & R classes to every flight.
That's nothing new.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PL
I am looking to book tickets connecting through either of DFW or ORD. I need some experiences about the upgrade chances, which one is better, DFW or ORD? Consider I am EXP with an non-elite companion.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As ANC is a seasonal destination of AA... I would guess it would be a decent upgrade chance as long as F is not sold out by tourists. But not sure what its F load factor looks like.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
or spend the miles, 15K+$75, not a bad deal IMO for a 7 hour flight...
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:22 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
For future reference, there's a consolidated thread for "what are my chances of an upgrade on XXX flight" queries: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(I've sent in a RBP to the mods.)
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Due to the seasonal, tourist nature of ANC I doubt you'll find much historical help other than the few random data points of people that happen to have cleared on one flight or not on another.

In situations like this, I usually go with the flights with the most empty F seats up front and the most preferred and exit row seats open in the back.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Upgrade on JFK-MBJ

Hi ppl,

I am AA Plat and I am flying with my wife to Montego Bay next Friday. So, I requested a 500-miles upgrade, but I am not sure whether it will go through. The fact is, the AA website gives basically coach as fully booked - only 6 aisle windows are not taken it seems - while in business class there are still 13 free seats. On seatcounter.com, though, it says that there is 0 availability for C fares on that flight. Do you think I stand a chance of getting to business with my wife? thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by robertocusato
Hi ppl,

I am AA Plat and I am flying with my wife to Montego Bay next Friday. So, I requested a 500-miles upgrade, but I am not sure whether it will go through. The fact is, the AA website gives basically coach as fully booked - only 6 aisle windows are not taken it seems - while in business class there are still 13 free seats. On seatcounter.com, though, it says that there is 0 availability for C fares on that flight. Do you think I stand a chance of getting to business with my wife? thanks!
Yes, there are only 5 people booked in the J cabin. You should be fine.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Hi person,

Seatcounter has had issues for awhile now.
I easily found this thread using the search term {seatcounter}

As far as your chances go, there is still a fairly good amount of inventory left for sale in the business class cabin.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Your request has been merged into the existing and active thread on these issues; we ask that members not start new threads on existing topics. Using Search (as suggested by miamigrad) would help keep topics consolidated and help by revealing existing issues (e.g. seatcounter.com's issues with American Airlines). /Moderator

Hi ppl,

Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:47 am
Suspended

I had a feeling seatcounter may not be that accurate... Besides, I bet many places sold in Y are very low-cost fares to tour agents - since Jamaica is a holiday destination. I found basically all August flights in the same situation (JFK-MBJ).
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:00 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I had a feeling seatcounter may not be that accurate... Besides, I bet many places sold in Y are very low-cost fares to tour agents - since Jamaica is a holiday destination. I found basically all August flights in the same situation (JFK-MBJ).
Welcome to Flyertalk.

There is quite a lot of information already developed and posted here (such as this thread on upgrade clearance and the linked thread on seatcounter issues), and it shows much more consideration to the membership to look for this information before posting new threads on much-discussed topics. Obviously, not everyone will demonstrate this level of consideration for others, but the more that do so, the better.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
Welcome to Flyertalk.

There is quite a lot of information already developed and posted here (such as this thread on upgrade clearance and the linked thread on seatcounter issues), and it shows much more consideration to the membership to look for this information before posting new threads on much-discussed topics. Obviously, not everyone will demonstrate this level of consideration for others, but the more that do so, the better.

Cheers.
I feel your comment quite irrilevant - and a bit rude. My question was related to a specific route/upgrade which clearly cannot be covered by a general thread that yes - for your information - I had already checked.

Last edited by dstan; Jul 22, 2010 at 11:32 am Reason: personal attacks are not permitted on FlyerTalk - please review the FT Rules
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:18 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I My question was related to a specific route/upgrade which clearly cannot be covered by a general thread that yes - for your information - I had already checked.
Ah, I understand. All of the specific itinerary questions in this thread are misplaced and we should have a separate thread for each and every specific "will my upgrade" clear question rather than merging it. My bad. It seems that whoever merged this may be missing your point as well.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.