Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Don't worry! Be happy!

In our little club, you've already made it!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK 2M+
Over the weekend this showed up in my AAdvantage account status:

Date Transaction Description* Mileage Bonus Total
11/17/11 EUROPE BONUS - 2ND TRIP 0 35,000 35,000
11/17/11 BRITISH AIRWAYS 113 J LHR JFK 3,452 4,315 7,767
11/17/11 BRITISH AIRWAYS 903 J FRA LHR 408 602 1,010
11/15/11 BRITISH AIRWAYS 906 J LHR FRA 408 602 1,010
11/14/11 BRITISH AIRWAYS 174 J JFK LHR 3,452 4,315 7,767

Program to Date Miles 2,016,906

How long until I get the card?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Initiated Hyatt transfer on NOV 18. Posted NOV 22 (they batch every 2 weeks).

Program to Date Miles 2,000,073

Was planning on bringing my lifetime balance to 400 miles short of 2MM and holding off until 2012 but have two unexpected trips to UK last week of NOV. Hoping I'll get the eVIP in time.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: AA LT GLD
Don't worry

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
So, I just crossed through the one-million threshold last week. The miles (credit card spend) putting me over the edge posted on Thursday, 11/17 and had an activity date of Tuesday, 11/15.

No sign of the eight 500-mile upgrades yet, nor an e-mail from anyone at AAdvantage.

I'm just a little nervous as the December 1st deadline approaches, but my Program-to-Date Miles balance is a 1,003,000+. Do these million miler upgrade deposits happen on a certain day of the week? Just trying to make sure I'm all set before the program gets a little more strict.

Thanks!
Don't worry -- it takes about a week, but will definitely show up before the end of the month. The upgrades likely will post before the e-mail comes. (I hit the million mark on the 10th, the 8 stickers appeared in my account on the 15th and it only took a quick call to the Gold desk to convert them to miles, which appeared the next day. All of this happened before I got the e-mail from Maya acknowledging crossing the threshold.)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:13 pm
Original Member

According to AA, eVIP should be deposited within 48 hours.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/el...s/upgrades.jsp

However, I made LT Plat this morning and eVIPs deposited in the evening.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:29 pm
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
Can any recent new LT Plat or Plat members adv how long to get cards in the mail?

Planning a CX trip in a few weeks with Asia Miles credit but hope to have AA card for lounge access.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:04 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jss
Can any recent new LT Plat or Plat members adv how long to get cards in the mail?

Planning a CX trip in a few weeks with Asia Miles credit but hope to have AA card for lounge access.
Maybe you'll have luck getting in with just the boarding pass. OW status is printed on it.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Rock and Roll - made it to 1M

Just cracked 1M on Sunday - miles showed up yesterday. AAngels on EXP line punted me thru to someone who cheerfully guaranteed that I'd see the bonus miles from the soon-to-go-live MM program, rather than the ##@R$#@$ stickers - and within in a couple of days at that...

...days like this I'm glad I stayed away from UACO despite being based near SFO!

...and just realized I have yet to update my FT profile! <edit: just did that now>
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
Originally Posted by jss

I reached Lifetime Plat in late October and received a congratulatory email acknowledging the achievement in early November. The eVIPs (SWUs) posted quickly.

Today is Nov 22 and I have not yet received a new card. The email indicated, "To recognize this important milestone, you will soon receive a new AAdvantage Platinum® (oneworld® Sapphire) card with the distinctive multi-Million Miler emblem that indicates your 2,000,000 mile achievement."

Try the boarding pass with your status printed on it, or ask the Gate Agent to print something with your status. The latter worked for me several years ago when I was trying to access a BA lounge (had recently gone from Gold to Plat.)

Good Luck!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by DNM50
Don't worry -- it takes about a week, but will definitely show up before the end of the month. The upgrades likely will post before the e-mail comes. (I hit the million mark on the 10th, the 8 stickers appeared in my account on the 15th and it only took a quick call to the Gold desk to convert them to miles, which appeared the next day. All of this happened before I got the e-mail from Maya acknowledging crossing the threshold.)
You were right on the money. Upgrades appeared about a week after crossing the threshold, and the e-mail from Maya came two days after that.

Thank you
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DNM50
Your situation is identical to mine. I'd rather have the 35K miles. Do you (or anyone) have the Gold desk phone number?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:45 am
jss

Originally Posted by AAMillionaire
I reached Lifetime Plat in late October and received a congratulatory email acknowledging the achievement in early November. The eVIPs (SWUs) posted quickly.

Today is Nov 22 and I have not yet received a new card. The email indicated, "To recognize this important milestone, you will soon receive a new AAdvantage Platinum® (oneworld® Sapphire) card with the distinctive multi-Million Miler emblem that indicates your 2,000,000 mile achievement."

Try the boarding pass with your status printed on it, or ask the Gate Agent to print something with your status. The latter worked for me several years ago when I was trying to access a BA lounge (had recently gone from Gold to Plat.)

Good Luck!
Online status showed up the next day, eVIP within a day, and the email about 3 days later. Now 6 weeks and no card.

Aware that bp has status on it--but if i use Asiamiles with booking i/o AA then it does not show on bp.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, JetBlue Mosaic (sometimes)
I did it. I hit 1MM Gold a day or two ago. I had to use 1500 SPG points earlier this week to put me over the edge, but am there. I haven't received the 35k bonus from doing it yet or the letter or cards or anything, but assume they will all come soon.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:21 pm
jss

Originally Posted by jss
Online status showed up the next day, eVIP within a day, and the email about 3 days later. Now 6 weeks and no card.

Aware that bp has status on it--but if i use Asiamiles with booking i/o AA then it does not show on bp.
Card & tags showed up in mail today
Old Nov 25, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, A3 Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Hertz Gold
1 MM... Almost there...

I need only 367 miles to reach one million prior to the AAdvatage changes at the end of the month and I don't think the credits I have will be posted on time.

Does anybody needs LESS miles than this to reach one million?

Damn... LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.