Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
fly more than enough for exp each year for a while and keep the churn going plus a lot of idine etc....good luck...
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:44 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by JHIN
I did it FINALLY I made 1MM as of this Saturday December 6th

Program to Date Miles 1,005,244

Thanks to all the FTers out there who also helped maximize getting those miles over the last few years.
Congrats! Change ur sig now
Old Dec 24, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
YIPPEEE!!!
I was just notified I made Lifetime Platinum!!!
What a great Christmas present!
Old Dec 24, 2009, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Jetpuffed
YIPPEEE!!!
I was just notified I made Lifetime Platinum!!!
What a great Christmas present!
Congrats! I hope do to do the same in the next 2 yrs.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:22 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by ttervooren
Hi, my name it Toni and I'm an FT addict. OK, there, I've admitted it. I've been mostly lurking here for a couple of years and thought I might as well jump in and introduce myself. So, howdy.
Y'all have helped me go from 350,109 miles 18 months ago with no status to 991,439 miles and Platinum status currently. And yup, tomorrow I'll reach 1 Million Lifetime Gold. So, a big thank you to all you FTers. Honestly, you guys rock!
Now, tell me...how do I gather the next million miles? I do the flying, shopping, dining, churning, citibank account, and coins. But the last three are drying up. Any thoughts...? If you've got some ideas, I'd love a hint. PM me if you don't want it to be too public. Many thanks. t
Patience, and diligence.

Every year, there's another promo. This year, US Mint and BOX3X had great potential. That, and the end-of-year mileage buy/gift/share promos were a great way to consolidate RDMs. It's almost a certainty that there will be at least one monster flight bonus, and one monster non-airline oppurtunity.

And no matter the promo, for anything, look into it, specifically hotel and car rental. There were plenty of direct and transfer bonuses that could have created plenty of miles (Wyndham's "stay 3 for 10k" comes to mind, which could have had you buying almost unlimited RDMs at $0.01/per). If you find yourself with 100,000 PC or HH points you know you'll never use, that's 20k miles (crappy exchange rate, yet you get the idea).
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat
Smile Thanks, Ya'll

Crossed the 2 million mile mark this month on AA! Many thanks to FrugalTravelGuy Rick, Gary at Free Frequent Flyer Miles, Ben Mutzabaugh at USA Today, and Lucky.

George
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT/2MM
I crossed the 2 million mile mark last Tuesday and just logged in today to find myself with lifetime platinum. From talking with a customer service representative, it looks like they are doing to sweep for people who crossed the million mile thresholds once a week on Sunday night/Monday morning.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Dear Worry warts of the world

My 2,000,000 mile crossing posted January 2 and my 4 new System Wides
don't expire until 2012! When there is a thread speculating on when the program goes to BIS miles, under the current system it is best to qualify just AFTER year-end.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
Hooray! I just crossed 2MM yesterday. I joined AAdvantage in June, 2003, and have been using almost every vehicle possible to collect points. A big chunk has been through transferring SPG points - go SPG Amex!!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: Aadvantage
2 MM's on AA credit card,,,,, PLT????? No?

I tried searching but couldn't find the answer.
I achieved GOLD at 1 MM a few yrs ago. I just hit 2 MM on my business AAdvantage CC, do I get PLT?, or what?
It still shows GOLD on my AA account.
I fly some, but not alot.
Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by garnerac
I tried searching but couldn't find the answer.
I achieved GOLD at 1 MM a few yrs ago. I just hit 2 MM on my business AAdvantage CC, do I get PLT?, or what?
I fly some, but not alot.
Thanks!
Searching the term "million" led to this thread
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
A call to Advantage Customer Service, rather than the Advantage desk, can confirm. Please post the results. A coworker told me this week he called about the 2MM perk and they was told they had eleminated PLAT from the MM program. I found that REALLY hard to believe since it has not been reported here or there, despite the annual rummors. It took me 3-4 days to show new status and 2 weeks to get the tags and new card when I hit it.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by garnerac
II just hit 2 MM on my business AAdvantage CC, do I get PLT?, or what?
You don't say whether the miles have posted yet to your AA account, which is usually right after the closing date for the statement that would put you over the two-million mile mark. After that, there is some processing time on AA's end.

Originally Posted by flymeAAway
A coworker told me this week he called about the 2MM perk and they was told they had eleminated PLAT from the MM program.
That's how rumors get started (and sometimes take on a life of their own) around here.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: 1MM Club, AAdvantage Platinum, Lifetime Gold, Aeroplan,
Just went over 1 million miles on AA

On my recent flight from MIA - YYZ, I went over 1,000,000 miles on AA. I didn't get treated like George Clooney in Up in the Air, but I did have a glass of champagne and the person sitting next to me in business class joined me! Woo hoo, its been a long haul of all domestic flights for the past 10 years or so. I am looking forward to enjoying a lifetime of Gold when I retire.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Originally Posted by englishman
On my recent flight from MIA - YYZ, I went over 1,000,000 miles on AA. I didn't get treated like George Clooney in Up in the Air, but I did have a glass of champagne and the person sitting next to me in business class joined me! Woo hoo, its been a long haul of all domestic flights for the past 10 years or so. I am looking forward to enjoying a lifetime of Gold when I retire.
Congrats! Well, you have to remember that he crossed 10 million miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.