Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
If miles posted on Feb. 12, how long can one reasonably expect to wait before Gold Status is shown and welcome package arrives?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
My miles earned Feb 6th posted Feb 7th and my evips posted today(2/15/11) for my LT Plat. Since I already had Plat status I don't know other than looking for the evips how to confirm my LT status. BTW the Evips don't expire until Feb 2013, very nice!

I am a little daunted about matching this feat for Mr S. He does not fly as much as I do, and is currently at about 450k. I will just have to put that shopping black belt to work!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:35 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sonora
I will just have to put that shopping black belt to work!
That's the spirit!

Congrats on your 2MM, sonora!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by sonora
My miles earned Feb 6th posted Feb 7th and my evips posted today(2/15/11) for my LT Plat. Since I already had Plat status I don't know other than looking for the evips how to confirm my LT status. BTW the Evips don't expire until Feb 2013, very nice!

I am a little daunted about matching this feat for Mr S. He does not fly as much as I do, and is currently at about 450k. I will just have to put that shopping black belt to work!
Thanks for sharing your information. At least now I have a time line. I probably should expect to see an update on the web sometime next week if the time frame is the same.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbrein
Thanks for sharing your information. At least now I have a time line. I probably should expect to see an update on the web sometime next week if the time frame is the same.
I'm not sure if it's "sometime next week". Previous posters have said it always seems to update on Mondays (and thus presumably show up on Tuesdays). If that is so, if you miss one Monday's update, you may have to wait a whole extra week for the next one.

And, oh, there is no Monday next week! I mean, it's a holiday. So there's a chance (if they really do it on Mondays only) that they'll skip next week, and everything will be delayed.

And all that's assuming that your account does it "automatically". Mine and a few others who posted here doesn't seem to have done that, so I called (after it seemed several weeks "late"). Now I'm waiting for my "manually fixed" SWUs to show up...
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
I crossed 1 MM on Jan 19th and had yet to receive any notification nor sticker upgrades in my account so I e-mail AA about it. Here is their response:

"Dear Havek,

First, allow me to thank you for being one of our valued AAdvantage
Platinum® members. At AAdvantage® Customer Service, we are always glad
to hear from you.

We are truly sorry for the delay you have encountered in receiving any
acknowledgment of your Million Miler status. In the first few months of
the year, we routinely suspend delivery of these recognition packages so
as not to interfere with other AAdvantage® elite mailings that are timed
to the March 1 start of our AAdvantage elite membership year. We
generally resume Million Miler account updates around the middle of
March, and members receive their recognition a few weeks after that.

We appreciate your understanding and truly hope you agree that it's
worth the wait!

Regards,

AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines"

So if anyone else is still waiting, you may have to wait til mid-March.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Havek
So if anyone else is still waiting, you may have to wait til mid-March.
Except that the email they sent you doesn't explain the missing sticker upgrades. The sticker upgrades for 1MM or the SWU upgrades for 2MM (for 1MMs overseas) can be issued long before the recognition packages (which is the only thing the email they sent you seems to talk about) are to be sent out.

If you read back on this thread, you'll find that there were some people who got their upgrades relatively promptly, even though no one has gotten a physical recognition package in the mail yet.

And the email didn't explain why the upgrade stickers weren't there, only why they didn't send you notification. (Btw, if you'd read back to the posts from the beginning of 2011, you would have read that other people already got the same explanation, and you would known not to email them without more specifics nor to accept the same stock email back from them.)

Do you need the upgrade stickers before March sometime or not? If not, then simply let it happen when it will. If you do, stop emailing and call and talk to a live human. (It's a lot easier to tell a robot from a human on the phone than in email! )
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
I am sure that is why I have yet to receive anything from them on my LT GLD. Although as mentioned upthread, interestingly I received my 2010 GLD card a couple of weeks ago. I also got an email from AAdvantage congratulating me on my 10 year anniversary which coincidentally just happened. So they are doing a lot of things, just not processing LT status notifications.

I'll sit tight till early to mid March. I don't need the stickers before then; I have enough in my account to last a while, especially since being downgraded to GLD I can't upgrade DH with me anymore, so I expect we'll stay in Y until I can return to PLT. I guess I could upgrade myself and then give him the seat....He doesn't travel much, except with me, so F is always a big treat to him.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thedoorchick
I'll sit tight till early to mid March. I don't need the stickers before then; I have enough in my account to last a while, especially since being downgraded to GLD I can't upgrade DH with me anymore, so I expect we'll stay in Y until I can return to PLT. I guess I could upgrade myself and then give him the seat....He doesn't travel much, except with me, so F is always a big treat to him.
Very nice of you to consider upgrading him in your place. Would be nice to have both upgraded, but if he gets a bigger kick out of it, why not?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by mikelat
Very nice of you to consider upgrading him in your place. Would be nice to have both upgraded, but if he gets a bigger kick out of it, why not?
He also drinks more than I do, so he would get more beer out of it.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thedoorchick
He also drinks more than I do, so he would get more beer out of it.
Now thats the true FT spirit! Make sure to enjoy the free amenities as much as possible. All about maximizing value!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This week I got my new Platinum card in the mail (I "soft landed" from EXP). It still says 1MM despite the fact that I crossed 2MM on Jan 8. (As I mentioned before, they found a problem with my account early last week, which apparently explained why my 2MM had not yet been processed. And by that time, this card I just got in the mail had already been created, no doubt...)
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:01 pm

I called Aadvantage Customer Service today and asked when I might reasonably expect my account to be updated. The CR told me that the updates are done on Sundays and I should expect to see my new status on Monday.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
I made 2 MM for LT Platinum on a trip from DFW-JAX on Monday. No sign of my SWUs yet but ironically when I returned home my Platinum Card for 2011 had arrived with 1 MM on it. Guess they don't check your balance when they print them up. It will be sad to see ExecPlat go away on Feb. 28 but the 2 MM is a great consolation!

Thanks for all of the great information on Flyer Talk. I never would have made it to 2 MM without it. It was a great resource. I did the usual, flew a lot, charged to my CitiBank card, shopped on line, transferred some hotel miles, etc. Really pushed at the end of 2010 when there were rumours about the program changing.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by oldvolvo
I made 2 MM for LT Platinum on a trip from DFW-JAX on Monday. No sign of my SWUs yet but ironically when I returned home my Platinum Card for 2011 had arrived with 1 MM on it. Guess they don't check your balance when they print them up. It will be sad to see ExecPlat go away on Feb. 28 but the 2 MM is a great consolation!

Thanks for all of the great information on Flyer Talk. I never would have made it to 2 MM without it. It was a great resource. I did the usual, flew a lot, charged to my CitiBank card, shopped on line, transferred some hotel miles, etc. Really pushed at the end of 2010 when there were rumours about the program changing.
Congrats on reaching 2MM. I can't even begin to think how long that would take me at this point. Although I have learned an awful lot from FT that got me to 1MM faster than I would have thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.