Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantageŽ Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
The first email I received contains the following:

Congratulations on earning 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment worth celebrating. As a special thank you for your loyalty, you will soon receive an AAdvantage GoldŽ membership card with the distinctive Million Miler emblem. To learn more about the wide range of associated benefits, view your Benefits Guide online at aa.com/aadvantagegold.

Plus, your new Million Miler status entitles you to AAdvantage Gold membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher level, then you will be recognized accordingly.

We invite you to take a quick 3-minute survey related to your Million Miler status. Your responses will help us better understand what our customers value in the AAdvantageŽ program.

The special recognition and benefits we offer to our Million Miler members is our way of saying thank you for all of your support. In fact, thanks a million!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Just a hypothetical question. Someone said AA doesn't distinguish miles flown vs. miles spent. So hypothetically, someone can make 1 million miles lifetime member by spending 1 million dollars on AA credit card?!?!?!
There are some people make LT PLT without even flying AA.

Google mrpickles you may find the latest version of such.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frubio2012
Could I, theoretically, give someone I know, who's a big spender, my AAdvantage number when they apply for a Citi AA card and get to 1mm that way?
No.

The AAdvantage Account Owner's name must match the Cardholder's name.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the Congrat email in its entirety rec'd in Jan 2011. Not a single word about Lifetime Status.

The language is definitely in the packet which arrived 3 1/2 months later.

The composition is totally different after the 1st paragraph. However it is very similar or even identical to the one received in Sept 2009.
.................................................. .........................
Congratulations on reaching the Million Miler level!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment to celebrate. As a special thank you, in just a few weeks you will receive an American Airlines AAdvantage GoldŽ membership card that acknowledges your Million Miler status -- plus some other rewards to help make your travel more enjoyable.

Along with your vested AAdvantage GoldŽ membership comes a range of elite status benefits. We invite you to view your Benefits Guide online at aa.com/aadvantagegold for information to help you make the most of your membership.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantageŽ miles you have earned is an indication of your support, and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantageŽ program.

Yours truly,

Maya Leibman
President
AAdvantageŽ Loyalty Program
Award Booking
.................................................. .................................................. ................
Originally Posted by tbrein
The first email I received contains the following:

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment worth celebrating. As a special thank you for your loyalty, you will soon receive an AAdvantage GoldŽ membership card with the distinctive Million Miler emblem. To learn more about the wide range of associated benefits, view your Benefits Guide online at aa.com/aadvantagegold.

Plus, your new Million Miler status entitles you to AAdvantage Gold membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher level, then you will be recognized accordingly.

We invite you to take a quick 3-minute survey related to your Million Miler status. Your responses will help us better understand what our customers value in the AAdvantageŽ program.

The special recognition and benefits we offer to our Million Miler members is our way of saying thank you for all of your support. In fact, thanks a million!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
This is the Congrat email in its entirety rec'd in Jan 2011. Not a single word about Lifetime Status.

The composition is totally different after the 1st paragraph. However it is very similar or even identical to the one received in Sept 2009.

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment to celebrate. As a special thank you, in just a few weeks you will receive an American Airlines AAdvantage GoldŽ membership card that acknowledges your Million Miler status -- plus some other rewards to help make your travel more enjoyable.

Along with your vested AAdvantage GoldŽ membership comes a range of elite status benefits. We invite you to view your Benefits Guide online at aa.com/aadvantagegold for information to help you make the most of your membership.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantageŽ miles you have earned is an indication of your support, and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantageŽ program.

Yours truly,

Maya Leibman
President
Award Booking
.................................................. .................................................. ................

Here's my email from 3 years ago today, coincidently.

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment to celebrate. In just a few weeks you'll receive an AAdvantage GoldŽ membership card that acknowledges your Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy. We also invite you to visit us online at aa.com/aadvantagegold where you'll find a complete AAdvantage Gold Benefits Guide with information to help you make the most of your elite membership.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles you've earned is an indication of your support, and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.

Yours truly,

Rob Friedman
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs

My snail mail package included the language about LT status.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
What am I missing here?

Originally Posted by Happy

Yours truly,

Maya Leibman
President
Award Booking
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:42 pm

I am looking at the first page of the booklet that I received with the Gold card and luggage tags.
The first page has a letter addressed to me personally. It contains the following sentence:

"You may not be aware, but your new Million Miler status entitiles you to AAdvantade Gold membership for the lifetime of that program"

I can't understand why it is written on my documents and not on other people's. Maybe you are not reading the whole booklet.

Also, I received a first email, which I quoted. That said it was a series of three emails I would receive. That one mentioned lifetime status. The second did not.
I have not yet received the third email.

Look at the second paragraph of the letter on the first page of the booklet.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:12 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I went back and re-read the last page or two of posts...I don't think anybody's saying that the packet/booklet doesn't say "lifetime." (Everybody has reported that the mailed letter states the lifetime benefit.)

The discussion is around the email. It seems like recent emails (within the last year or so) have not stated the lifetime benefit within the text.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
I went back and re-read the last page or two of posts...I don't think anybody's saying that the packet/booklet doesn't say "lifetime." (Everybody has reported that the mailed letter states the lifetime benefit.)

The discussion is around the email. It seems like recent emails (within the last year or so) have not stated the lifetime benefit within the text.
Mine did, and it was dated Feb. 22, 2011. Also, I just got my packet in March and that also referred to the lifetime benefit.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tbrein
Mine did, and it was dated Feb. 22, 2011. Also, I just got my packet in March and that also referred to the lifetime benefit.
Also noticed that your email referenced a "3-minute survey"...that seems...different. Went back and checked my emails...didn't see a reference to a survey. Also did a "search within thread" and didn't see anyone else's with that wording either.

Looks like you got a special email! (Any other FTers have a reference to a survey re: the million miler program in their email?)
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
I don't think anybody's saying that the packet/booklet doesn't say "lifetime." (Everybody has reported that the mailed letter states the lifetime benefit.)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16089386-post1706.html
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
1 MM in 26 months. Lets see.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
My email, received 3/9/11, read as follows:

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment worth celebrating. As a special thank you for your loyalty, you will soon receive a new elite-status membership card with the distinctive Million Miler emblem. For a review of the wide range of benefits associated with your membership, view the Elite Status Benefits chart online at aa.com/elitebenefits.

Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Made it!

Program to Date Miles 2,003,951

Crossed over March 29.
4 shiny new SWU's are in my account today! Need to think about how best to use these, as I probably won't make EXP and will have only these 4 until Feb 2013 and then no more until 3MM.
No email yet -- should be soon.
No letter yet -- I know this will take a while.

How I got to 2MM:
Mostly BIS...double miles due to PLT in recent years helped a lot. My travel is usually in Coach when flying for business, and in Business when flying for vacation.
Also got a good boost (about 300K) from CC's, which I've been focused on in the last year (thanks to FT!).
Small amount from eShopping, maybe 5K total.

On to 3MM!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Excellent. Crossed 1mm today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.