Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
As an update, I'm happy to announce that sometime between yesterday afternoon and this evening my account has been updated to Platinum! Thanks to everyone at FT for helping to make the 2nd million easier than the first.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
Congratulations
Now you're with the rest of us hoping they shut the masses out
Old May 7, 2011, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
As an update, I'm happy to announce that sometime between yesterday afternoon and this evening my account has been updated to Platinum! Thanks to everyone at FT for helping to make the 2nd million easier than the first.
Glad to hear it finally posted for ya...congrats!
Old May 9, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Yay for me, finally made Lifetime gold.
Old May 9, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Plat (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Honors Plata, Avis PFD
Just made lifetime Gold this morning. Big thanks to all the FTers, especially brp, JDiver, and JonNYC. ^

Was pretty close, and about to buy a ticket, but elected just to spend that money purchasing miles and redeem them for the trip. Didn't like the uncertainty about possible changes to the lifetime programs. I have a feeling the 1MM will be easier than getting to 2MM!

Last edited by mhpkev; May 10, 2011 at 11:58 pm
Old May 10, 2011, 4:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Went over the 1M mark on Friday, 4 SWUs posted to my account sometime in the last 48hrs but no email yet....not worried though...just happy to get 4 SWUs...got to love multiple residencies :-).
Old May 10, 2011, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Don't you think AA is wasting money by embossing new cards for Lifetime members every year? Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper (not to mention , more eye catching for us) that they simply send out a card that says .. Lifetime Gold / Platinum with no expiry date?
Old May 10, 2011, 6:29 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
No, it will be nice to see the 4MM, with the miles that posted this morning, on the EXP card.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Don't you think AA is wasting money by embossing new cards for Lifetime members every year? Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper (not to mention , more eye catching for us) that they simply send out a card that says .. Lifetime Gold / Platinum with no expiry date?
Great idea! Now, who has the ear of Maya?
Old May 11, 2011, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I'm dubious it would be cheaper to order special cards like this, plus the time spent with customer service reps ordering replacements when people lose these.
Old May 11, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Advantage Starwood
Thumbs up Lifetime Platinum...? Just under the wire?

I woke up this morning and checked my Aadvantage account. It showed my lifetime miles to be 2,003,424. Finally shows the Platinum status. This was done through transfering 125K SPG points and a 2K avis bonus. I made lifetime Gold on June 17 of last year. Given the rumors surrounding the possible change in Aadvantage lifetime program, I feel fortunate to perhaps make it just under the wire. I have been an Aadvantage member since June, 1988. This was a goal I set about 5 years ago. A note of thanks to all who shared their wisdom and experience here. How did I get there? I still have 5700 miles that don't expire. About 25K BIS miles over the past 6 years. Not much. I did sign up for credit card offers but did not churn. Got 40K for opening a Citibank account. Bought miles periodically. Did the yearly Bose thing. Bought bonus miles on flights. Most of the miles are thanks to all the SPG bonus offers. I was compulsive to put every bill I could on my Starwood Amexcard or the Citibank AA Mastercard. It all adds up. I booked a cruise through AA vacations and will even get another 40K miles this summer.

I am flying tomorrow morning from elite heavy ORD to DFW. Platinum status is not in time for that. Will likely miss that upgrade. However, I will happily sit in the exit row knowing that I will enjoy the lifetime status for years to come. Now please, American Airlines, stay solvent. I'll never have enough time in my 50's to get there on any other airline.

Again, thanks to all for sharing your time, insight & experiences. This board taught me so much.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1.973M
At MEX airport going to MÍA and then to SCL. I should go over the 2mm tonight.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
"lifetime" text still there!

Got my email today and says lifetime Gold!

Timeline:

Crossed over 1MM on 4/26.
Gold Status hit 5/3.
8 500-mile upgrades hit 5/9-5/10.
Email received 5/11.

Congratulations on earning 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment worth celebrating. As a special thank you for your loyalty, you will soon receive an AAdvantage Gold® membership card with the distinctive Million Miler emblem. To learn more about the wide range of associated benefits, view your Benefits Guide online at aa.com/aadvantagegold.

Plus, your new Million Miler status entitles you to AAdvantage Gold membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher level, then you will be recognized accordingly.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantage® miles you have earned is an indication of your support, and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage® program.
Old May 11, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 1MM+ GOLD, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Got my email today and says lifetime Gold
Congrats, glocklt4! You were one of the anxious ones waiting for this to be done with

After crossing over on 04/13, getting the gold status and 500-mile upgrades on 04/18, getting the email on 04/20, finally got my letter, card and luggage tags in the mail a couple of days ago (05/09).
Old May 11, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA 1mm, Starwood gd, BA, Delta, Cont, United, US air
I recieved my lifetime gold million mile email today as well. rbc100

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.