Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Yesterday, my 11-year old daughter crossed the 2MM mark (Lots of SPG transfers, 3-4 transcontinental trips a year). I guess she will thank me later, when I mentioned it to her she asked me if I would drive her to her friend's house to go swimming.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Question: How long before you receive your new card for reaching Lt plat?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 3+MM; Delta Lifetime Gold; MR Platinum
Just made 2MM this week. I guess it's time to change my signature on ExpertFlyer!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
After having your MM status, do you guys get a NEW gold/platinum (1MM/2+MM) card EVERY year even if you don't qualify for a higher status for that year? Or do you just get a new card if you qualify for a higher status or just when you reach your next MM?

Best
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by sbc94523
Not LT Plat (yet ), but my new card and tags arrived around 5 weeks after crossing the 1MM threshold.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP (1.2 MM), UA Premier PLT, DL Scum, HH Diamond, Enterprise GLD
Smile

DFW-HNL put me over the 1MM threshold with miles to spare. Let the quest for 2MM begin!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by abcrocker
Let the quest for 2MM begin!
^^ Happy travels.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AA PLAT SPG DL

Starwood miles and bonus posted about July 5-7. Got the card and the luggage tag last night.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:28 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Exclamation

For anyone who recently crossed a Million Mile threshold but has not yet received notification, it might be wise to get something in writing from AAdvantage Customer Service in the interim, just out of an abundance of caution, based on possible changes that have been suggested/implied/telegraphed over on TravelingBetter.com. A brief email via AA.com asking for confirmation will do the trick:

Dear dstan,

First, allow me to thank you for being one of our valued AAdvantage
Platinum® members. At AAdvantage® Customer Service, we are always glad
to hear from you.

Yes! With Million Miler status, one of the main benefits is AAdvantage
Gold® membership for the life of the AAdvantage Gold program. If you
pass the Million Mile mark, you will enjoy elite status in the
AAdvantage program regardless of your annual elite activity. For Million
Milers who retire and no longer travel as frequently as they once did,
this benefit is especially valuable. On the other hand, if your annual
elite activity qualifies you for a higher elite status, then you will of
course receive the higher membership level.

Additionally, we currently send new Million Milers special membership
cards, 2 luggage tags matching your elite status level and 8 500-mile
upgrades.

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter. If you have any other
AAdvantage issues or questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

<name redacted>
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.2 MM), UA Premier PLT, DL Scum, HH Diamond, Enterprise GLD
E-mail I rec'd from AA 04 Aug 2010 (7 days after crossing 1MM). Not as specific in detail as the one you show above but the 8 stickers have already posted to my account.

Dear abcrocker,

Congratulations on reaching the Million Miler level in the American Airlines AAdvantage® program!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that
we think it's an accomplishment to celebrate. As a special thank you, in just a few weeks you will
receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your Million Miler status -- plus some
other rewards to help make your travel more enjoyable.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantage® miles you have earned is an indication of your support,
and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage® program.

Yours truly,

President
AAdvantage® Marketing Programs

P.S. We're eager for you to receive your redesigned AAdvantage credentials -- your new card will
arrive in your mailbox soon!

Last edited by abcrocker; Aug 5, 2010 at 12:37 pm Reason: Cleaned up formatting
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:46 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Been sitting on the fence for over 4 years pushing account between 1.5-1.8 million miles. Now that I have crossed 1.9, eager to hit 2 million with a few MRs this month and next. Lifetime Platinum, here I come! Is anyone else accomplishing around same time and wish to co-host a Platinum-Do?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:00 pm

Hey Idealflyer. I'm curious to know how useful you find American from your location in the DC area (which is where I am). Seems like American itself has very few direct flights from BWI/IAD/DCA.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: LT Plat 2MM, Mosaic, Bonvoy Ti Elite
And so it goes...

Just made AA 2MM. Woo hoo.

Now I hear they've cancelled all direct BOS-SFO as of Nov 2010.

Sucks.

Do I really want to spend 9+ hours going BOS-DFW-SFO or BOS-LAX-SFO or BOS-ORD-SFO?

Nope.

Sucks.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by idealflyer
Been sitting on the fence for over 4 years pushing account between 1.5-1.8 million miles. Now that I have crossed 1.9, eager to hit 2 million with a few MRs this month and next. Lifetime Platinum, here I come! Is anyone else accomplishing around same time and wish to co-host a Platinum-Do?
Good for you, as many other shave said sooner better than later. I am just under the 1.9MM mark now and can't wait to get to the 2MM status so I do not have to worry about any possible changes to the undocumented PTD MM status part of the program.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:27 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Originally Posted by DCfree
Hey Idealflyer. I'm curious to know how useful you find American from your location in the DC area (which is where I am). Seems like American itself has very few direct flights from BWI/IAD/DCA.
I used to fly overseas a lot so did not matter which city to fly out of as several connections were necessary. I also flew DCA-MIA so many times I began to recognize people on the flight and knew FAs.

But since AA does not allow international lounge access for Caribbean, I took business elsewhere. Thus, last few years, I have found United to be so much more bearable in Y for domestic flights and even as PremEx, have found myself upgraded more often than last minute trying to use stickers on AA as Platinum.

Ironically, I wished for 2M without having to fly and this year has been good. But to complete, I will have to end up flying, especially with the great promotions currently running.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.