Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSED (March 31, 2011) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA / Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSED (March 31, 2011) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by dc3
===

The ORD-FRA flights are ending next week and the lounge is closing by year end.
Care to provide a source for the closing? While the ORD flights will be suspended until spring, there is still 777 service daily via DFW...
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:36 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paseom2
...While the ORD flights will be suspended until spring, ...
The ORD-FRA-ORD flight is not resuming in the spring - it's cut.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:00 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I am at the FRA AC right now (just got in from ORD for a weekend MR).

The gentleman at the front desk (sorry, don't know his name) did confirm the FRA club would be closing. An exact date is not known, but he believes it will be sometime in the spring.

I asked if AA would move over to the other terminal, where BA/CX/JL are located (including several lounges), he said he had not heard anything about that, but it would make sense.

He was surprised I had heard about the closing, as the staff had only been told on Thursday. He wasn't too surprised it was Flyertalk!

Greg
Old Nov 13, 2010, 1:48 pm

Very disappointing to hear about the AC. I would sure hope that AA moves near the other OW airlines so a shares lounge could be utilized.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Say It Ain't So Joe

Originally Posted by GregL
The gentleman at the front desk (sorry, don't know his name) did confirm the FRA club would be closing. An exact date is not known, but he believes it will be sometime in the spring.
Well that's surely a piece of bad news. I use that particular club quite often. The staff is top drawer. And the pre-gate screen is efficient. Ah, it's a respite of peace, tranquility and solitude before suffering the crush of the hoi polloi at passport control, security inspection and boarding. I wonder what else is in the works. With AB joining OW I would have hoped for more, not less, AA support at FRA.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
I asked about the closing when I was at the FRA AC yesterday and was told that they will close in April. So sad.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
I was there a few weeks back. Nice club, but wished it was after passport and security.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Sad news indeed.

I always liked visiting the Admirals Club in Frankfurt, in particular for the great staff there!

I see the point though with only one departure during the morning hours, makes an effective 3-4 hours requirement for the facilities measured on the current opening time at 7am.

The other partners like Alitalia & Priority Pass might not bring that much revenue and I was told FRAport charges quiet a large sum for the concession.

I hope David, Ingo and all the other staffmembers will be taken care of by AA and find another position in the local team.

Bad news towards the end of the year.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Very bad news... I always enjoyed using the AC as an arrivals lounge (get as much sleep in the aircraft as possible, wake up, land, shower and have a very light brekkies before pushing on), as well as a quite place to get my interview and BP prior to dealing with the security mess. Great staff, and I do hope they will be taken care of.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
I hope that AA moves with the other OW carriers. It's a complete waste of money to have multiple OW lounges at the same airport. They should combine the lounges and have agents from AA/BA/RJ/JAL, etc
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:33 pm

No! This is no sad. The team at the club in FRA is top notch. I do hope that David, and Elke (sp?) are well taken care of by AA and possibly relocate to a jointly operated club
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
They do have quiet a few staff there, probably so because the club is open until 8pm iirc so 13 hours, as per law in germany that's 1.5 shifts. The usual workday is 8-9 hours incl breaks. Also some of them are AA veterans under a german working contract with at least 30 vacation days per year. The club itself is HUGE, there is also a large area left from the desk that is not utilized.

I guess the extended hours until 8pm they just had to keep Aliltalia in the boat, not sure how good and 'on-time' they pay though.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
This is a bummer. My favorite AC. I actually liked the lounge being outside security for arrivals use. It's been a rough year we need some good AA news
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dnova
This is a bummer. My favorite AC. I actually liked the lounge being outside security for arrivals use. It's been a rough year we need some good AA news
Always sad to see a club go but this one was inevitable. Weirdly enough, I was just thinking to myself a couple days ago that this club was going to be short lived (I hadn't been monitoring this discussion). It's pointless to have the whole club for one flight especially when AA can easily arrange another lounge (I would hope)
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by All American Flyer
Always sad to see a club go but this one was inevitable. Weirdly enough, I was just thinking to myself a couple days ago that this club was going to be short lived (I hadn't been monitoring this discussion). It's pointless to have the whole club for one flight especially when AA can easily arrange another lounge (I would hope)
Short lived? It isn't new...

AA really needs to move into same terminal as the majority of OW carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.