Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSED (March 31, 2011) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA / Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSED (March 31, 2011) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by paseom2
Short lived? It isn't new...

AA really needs to move into same terminal as the majority of OW carriers.
What I meant was that after the end of the ORD flight, I knew that the club would probably end up being closed
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by paseom2
Short lived? It isn't new...
Ummm... to my knowledge there are almost no "new" ACs in the system.

However, I believe the context of term "short lived" by the poster was related to the recent development of dropping that station down to simply one flight per day; no more ORD service.

Regards
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Sad news indeed... this was one of my favorite ACs with a knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Last year, I remember one of the staff members making sure that I was registered for the lounge anniversary promo so that I would get the reduced price AC renewal they were offering. She went out of her way to print the cert out for me since I was many months away from renewal.

This staff has always had a "yes, we can probably do that" attitude with requests and several times went out of the way to help me with ticketing or flight change issues.

Now I need book a trip to FRA for the spring so I can say goodbye!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The FRA AC closing is sad. Since it was outside of Customs and Security, you could shower and eat before continuing on your trip, particularly if you had a connecting flight onwards. Arriving for departure, you could shower and change before your flight and check in at the AC. The staff at the front desk was always more than helpful. It was a great lounge for MRs.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Sad news indeed, but understandable, given the ORD cut.

Can't really add much more to what's already been said....fantastic staff, great as both an arrivals and departures lounge, great pit-stop for turnaround MR's....

Argh, wish I caught this sooner. Was in FRA last weekend and would have stopped in for one last look 'round!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Farewell FRA AC Club/staff.

You were awesome!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Does the lounge closing mean that a JFK-FRA will not materialize even with the closing of the ORD-FRA route?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Fwiw, I share the gratitude expressed above. ^
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Reply from AC

I asked the AC about options after the closure. This was the reply:

Thank you for contacting Admirals Club Member Services!

As an Executive Platinum member you would be eligible to access the Cathay Pacific or the Iberia lounges when in Frankfurt. We have included a link below that will give you the alternative airline lounges, hours and exact locations. Thank you for choosing American Airlines!

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...search#Lounges

Regards,

C Y,
Admirals Club | Member Services

Cathay Pacific is opposite Gate E7. Iberia is opposite D26/27. Both are, of course, after security. Since AA gates are C gates can I visit the lounges and go to the C gates without going back through security?

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 8, 2010 at 7:52 pm Reason: redact employee's name as required by TOS
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by mmgm
I asked the AC about options after the closure. This was the reply:

Thank you for contacting Admirals Club Member Services!

As an Executive Platinum member you would be eligible to access the Cathay Pacific or the Iberia lounges when in Frankfurt. We have included a link below that will give you the alternative airline lounges, hours and exact locations. Thank you for choosing American Airlines!

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...search#Lounges

Regards,

C Y,
Admirals Club | Member Services

Cathay Pacific is opposite Gate E7. Iberia is opposite D26/27. Both are, of course, after security. Since AA gates are C gates can I visit the lounges and go to the C gates without going back through security?
Thanks for the headsup. Hmm, I hope that with this the CX will up their offering in the lounge. The last time I was there it was quite pathetic. I heard that the IB lounge is ok.

Yes,you do not need to go back through security. However note that you will have to take the inter-terminal train as they are situated in T2. You will need to allocate at least 15-20 mins for this transfer.

Cheers!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nldogbert
<snip> Hmm, I hope that with this the CX will up their offering in the lounge. The last time I was there it was quite pathetic.
Just out of curiosity, why would you suppose, since AA made a business choice to close their club facility in FRA, that this would somehow compel CX to spend dollars improving their club facility to better serve AA's now "club orphaned" customers, that AA themselves apparently are ok with not serving at this station?

I'm not asserting that CX should not improve their facility, but I'd expect that is not a decision/investment that they will make just because some saddened AA customers are going to starting traipsing over their way in the spring...

Regards
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Doesn't JAL have an F lounge in FRA? It just opened in October of last year.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Well, sounds like my next trip (Jan, 2011) is okay for FRA AA arrivals and depature. After April(?) 2011 though, only departure options? And a long connection to AA gate - but at least after customs and security? I'm not all that familiar with FRA, even though I use it a couple of times a year - unlike LHR, hnere I've always relied on the AC. Any additional pointers from recent travelers?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:32 pm

Las time I went over to the CX club, I ended up have g to clear security twice -- once inyo t1 and then agin into t2 bevause I was comi g from the US area of t1....or something like this. I just remember somehow doing security twice because of the side of the train the door opened up on....

But may I did this wrong somehow....does anyone have specific directions?

Thx!

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Thanks for the headsup. Hmm, I hope that with this the CX will up their offering in the lounge. The last time I was there it was quite pathetic. I heard that the IB lounge is ok.

Yes,you do not need to go back through security. However note that you will have to take the inter-terminal train as they are situated in T2. You will need to allocate at least 15-20 mins for this transfer.

Cheers!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:12 pm

A tiny little bit o/t. UA closed their FRA lounge, to get good offerings one now needs to jump terminals to a LH lounge. DL has contracted with JL. AA, as I understand, with CX. What's going on with U.S. carriers? It's really sad what our "National" carriers are making us go through. Very, very few overseas lounges left, except NRT but I think AA does not have a NRT lounge, but I could be wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.