Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA sets new policy limits on onboard waiting during delays

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoBears
We were diverted from DFW to SAT on Tuesday (Mar 18) due to heavy weather. We ended up spending over 5 hours on the tarmac at SAT until we were allowed to deplane. Sure, there was bad weather, but there is no excuse for leaving people on the ground for 5 hours.

How quickly AA forgets!
Apparently Congress has forgotten as well: as you might know, AA legally owes you absolutely nothing for your ordeal and neither bears any consequence for it (contrast with the fact that I would be heavily fined if not put in jail if I forced anybody in my team not to leave their desk for 5 hours straight).

Please take the time to contact your congresspeople about this and share your story with the laudable folks at http://www.flyersrights.com/

On the flip side, AA overall seems to have done a decent job given the extreme -- yet not unique -- situation, as quoted by the Dallas Morning News here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.