Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Flt. 1134 (LAX/LHR) Loses Engine, Diverts to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:15 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by justageek
What do you do if all engines fail between V1 and V2? You won't be getting any more acceleration so you're not going to make it to V2, right?
You will still accelerate on one engine. On our plane we will accelerate to a specified speed for single engine climb (for the exisiting weight) and then continue to climb at that speed.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:21 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Just saw this thread. I wonder if this explains why my RDU-LGW flight was cancelled last Wednesday. It was due to be served by a 777 but was cancelled around 8am Central time whilst I was still in DFW. The RDU-LGW flight looked pretty empty so would they have pulled it to replace this 777?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA, CO, DL, Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by AEpilot76
You will still accelerate on one engine. On our plane we will accelerate to a specified speed for single engine climb (for the exisiting weight) and then continue to climb at that speed.
I think you'd have a hard time gaining altitude if all engines fail as the poster proposed... unless you're flying david copperfield air...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by f9999
I think you'd have a hard time gaining altitude if all engines fail as the poster proposed... unless you're flying david copperfield air...
woops...I didn't read the "all" engines part

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.