<On hold with the EXP desk>
Old Jan 7, 2005, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by CharlesMD
Do you want pictures or something?? .
Are there more ?
Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:17 am
tt7

P.S. If you upgrade on AA67, LHR-ORD-DFW from Y to J using a VIPOW, on the ORD-DFW leg will you be in J or F?
Surely an EXP who's travelled as much as you would know the answer to that?

(hint1: eVPs are good for a one class upgrade to the next class of service).
(hint2: when the AA67 777 flies from ORD-DFW, does it fly as 3-class or 2-class?)
Old Jan 7, 2005, 6:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
I just made EXP . When I used the VIPOW, the seat assignment is the same for both legs in J-- which is odd since I read on FT that the J cabin is used as seating for elite passengers travelling in Y on the ORD-DFW.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 6:36 am
tt7

I just made EXP . When I used the VIPOW, the seat assignment is the same for both legs in J-- which is odd since I read on FT that the J cabin is used as seating for elite passengers travelling in Y on the ORD-DFW.
CharlesMD - sounds like either (a) the ORD-DFW portion is being sold as a 3-class flight (very unlikely) or (b) no A inventory is available in first or (c) whoever processed the eVP screwed up.

Call the EXP desk and have them fix it. On the domestic portion, an EVP upgrade from coach to first goes into A inventory (on a 2 class flight) - only problem would be if there is no A inventory available (which is possible). Let us know what you find out.....
Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:53 pm

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
Where is Pucci?

I haven't spent so much time on this AA board in months; and I laughed so much my gf thought I was reading the BA board.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
[T]he simple way for AA to deal with this recurring problem - "cutting" in a FC or Elite flyer to a coach-designated queue and possibly irritating a customer who was there first, but not "First" - is to establish an SOP making one queue always be marked First / Elite, and cut in the coach traveler when no eligible person is in the F/E queue. Then instead of people feeling excluded or seeing people cut in front of them, they feel a small "warm fuzzy" because the agent staffing the F/E queue has just beckoned them to approach for service (in the absence of First / Elite travelers.)

At least, it seemed to work pretty well in LAX on Dec 29...
This works well at CO, too.
About a minute later, the guy comes up to me and starts yelling, "You wanna start something, etc..." . . . . He keeps going on and on and I'm just ignoring him. By now everyone is staring at us, and so I said "Who are you, why are you bothering me?" (I had learned this in a self defense course-- make you assailant look like somekind of wacko).
It would seem that in these threads by the gentleman from Maryland, his more interesting posts should each be quoted once to ensure subsequent thread comprehension. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.