Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the current thread can be read and posted to here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:41 pm

My ice is not cold enough.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FWAAA
The dog food-style snack mix dispensers at the Admirals Clubs.
+++

and not knowing which of my future flights are going to be delayed.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
  • hot towels that aren't sufficiently moistened
  • towels that come out before (rather than after) the salty, greasy nut encounter
  • the very gringo-y accent of the spanish speaker on the previous safety video
  • the fact that the flight attendant who almost gets smacked with the restroom door in the video isn't snarling like he probably would in real life
  • when i put soap on my hands while the plane is still at the gate and it turns out there's no water available

with problems like these, who can sleep at night?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FAs saying that the plane is "very" full.

It's either full or not.

Last edited by hillrider; Jun 3, 2010 at 6:35 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The use of the "We know why you fly" slogan, which is as arrogant and insulting as is it is a complete lie (they're completely clueless--just look up any customer survey).

Edited to add: It's also creepy and Orwellian.

Last edited by hillrider; Jun 3, 2010 at 2:09 pm
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Wow, have not seen a thread like this since the woman and the booby diaper incident. Another one, why can't all ACs have the AA wrapped mints that are (sometimes) served at the end of flight in F. I really do like those mints. So when I am at LGA or JFK I shove about a dozen into my pockets.

Also, why can't the pilots go any faster on ground like the pilots at WN do. Thought I was going to age another decade while the a/c moved about 3 mph (at least that is what the mapper said) the other day at GIG. Damn it, I needed to get to the beach asap.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:50 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by mdcclv
I hate that hitting TAB after typing my password to login on aa.com doesn't highlight the "remember my AAdvantage number for my next visit" checkbox. I hate that AA has somehow disabled my browsers' abilities to remember my password on most of their login pages, too.
I know, I know, this thread is not supposed to be about solutions, but the first is a browser or system setting. The second can be solved by searching this forum for "greasemonkey"

OK, I am outraged that the AA.com account page shows miles and upgrades on separate tabs. All that extra clicking is a lot of work and time!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: CO, UA, SPG
When FAs announce "Welcome to [city name]" during the pre-landing spiel before the plane actually touches the ground!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by hillrider
The use of the "We know why you fly" slogan, which is as arrogant and insulting as is it is a complete lie (they're completely clueless--just look up any customer survey).
I always felt it was creepy. Kind of stalker-ish. "I know what you ate for dinner. I know what you are wearing under your dress. I know why you fly."
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hillrider
I disagree. I do think they know why we fly and what we want. When it comes to customer service, though,they just don't seem to give a %$&*.

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EP
I can't stand the fact that the exit row seats on the 738s have wings next to them - blocking my view of the ground. I'd like to request that AA either remove the wings or put in glass-bottom floors in these rows. ^
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:06 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Oooh oooh - thought of another one...

The F tray tables on the MD-80s that aren't actually horizontal after being pulled out. They hit the armrest on the other side and end up "kinked" in the middle. Everything ends up sliding around, and my laptop doesn't have a flat surface to sit on.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
I don't understand when I book my flights, AA has already given away my preferred seats. If you know why I fly, don't you know what seats I want too.
S80 - 21F; 767 - 21B; 737 - 15A. Come on AA. This makes me go back everyday and check seat availability, and makes me request unnecessary upgrades.

AND - I don't understand why I don't get warm nuts in First on flights shorter than 2 hours. I mean, that's why I upgrade.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
They don't award Lifetime EXP after three million miles (from all sources).
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No, it's an injustice.

Nobody's complained about the inconsequential toilet paper in the lavs? Yet?

As to those darn wings, you'da thunk Boeing or Airbus could take the brand distinction / signature route and offer high wings on their aircraft - then everyone with a window would have an unimpeded view. If Cessna can do it...

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Not having free alcoholic beverages in the AC is a crime against humanity.
Originally Posted by kg07
I can't stand the fact that the exit row seats on the 738s have wings next to them - blocking my view of the ground. I'd like to request that AA either remove the wings or put in glass-bottom floors in these rows. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.