Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: the current thread can be read and posted to here.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by emma dog
2) windows closed and people who don't open them once they sit. I feel clausterphobic
On an airplane, I think keeping the window closed is a good idea
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Just thought of another one. What happened to the nice moist towelette they used to have in the J amenity kit (since they don't give you a pre-landing hot towl!!)?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I wish the FA's were more attractive.

That's right, I said it.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
Those bloody "napkins" that they have in the AC and on the planes. I always feel like I'm going to give myself a paper cut when I try to wipe my hands or mouth with it. And good luck trying to wipe/clean an apple with one of those...you might as well just use one of the kiosk boarding passes since they're softer.
Well then a #2 on board is out of the question
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by brp
...the selection of candies in the bowls at the AC front desks is often limited...
More specifically, I'm outraged, OUTRAGED, I tell you when I get what appears to be a spearmint candy from the bowl as I dash out to catch my flight, you know, to freshen my breath a little, only to find it is sour apple flavored. green and white candies should be spearmint; red and white should be peppermint. These deceptively colored candies should NOT be sickly sweet fruit flavored candies....
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:51 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
More specifically, I'm outraged, OUTRAGED, I tell you when I get what appears to be a spearmint candy from the bowl as I dash out to catch my flight, you know, to freshen my breath a little, only to find it is sour apple flavored. green and white candies should be spearmint; red and white should be peppermint. These deceptively colored candies should NOT be sickly sweet fruit flavored candies....
Dude, you are so wrong here. I actually like the red and white ones where the red is that sickly sweet cherry stuff...and I'm always disappointed when it turns out be be peppermint (I mean, I like mint, but not when I'm expecting artificial cherry flavor.

And swapping them after we taste them is probably not a good idea

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.7M and counting slowly
The use of the word "deplane".
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
ok, please don't flame me, but I really miss the days of Perriet Jouet Belle Epoque in J on the JFK-CDG flight. It has been a long time (5 years I think) since they had it (and I am probably the only person that remembers it!) but I do miss it <sigh>

ok but back to 'least substantive' hmmm, better champagne in J
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by bdemaria
On an airplane, I think keeping the window closed is a good idea
The fresh air relieves my sense of clausterphobia.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by brp
swapping them after we taste them is probably not a good idea
As long as you swap without putting them back in the bowl, I'm OK.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: Grounded
The crappy audio logo used in ads and on the safety video. Compared to united's rhapsody in blue, AA's is eargratingly bad.

Delta's safety video is at least a little cheeky too, to say nothing of VX's.

Also, the continuing prevalence of VHS for the IFE.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:19 pm

Oh... I thought of #11. I can't stand those continuous announcements about stepping out of the aisle to let people by. And it's ALWAYS a "very full" flight. And what's up with "Very full"??? You can't stuff more people in than there are seats (or laps for infants).
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I hate that hitting TAB after typing my password to login on aa.com doesn't highlight the "remember my AAdvantage number for my next visit" checkbox. I hate that AA has somehow disabled my browsers' abilities to remember my password on most of their login pages, too.

I don't object the dogfood-style AC snackmix dispensers merely on principle, but I do hate them, because they are so effective at pulverizing the snack mix into orange salty dust, and so ineffective at dispensing snack. I hate that the AC cookies are not bad enough for me to skip them altogether, but not good enough for me to actually enjoy them. I find the plastic wrap on the AC fruit to be utterly repellent, even though it's probably supposed to reassure me that there's no anthrax on it.

I don't like the new back page columnist in American Way. I wish the guy who writes about words & etymologies for NEXOS were given more space.

Oh, here's a completely stupid one: on principle I don't like that they let me, as an EXP, into the FL. It (@JFK) can get too crowded at busy times and if I were paying F I would feel a bit put out about all the EXP riffraff. But I do love the free drinks.and real food (even if the cookies are the same not-good AC cookies). Recently I was surprised to see two Hasidim fill their carry-on briefcases with cold beers from the FL fridge. But since then I've learned to follow their example.

Mostly I don't like that it doesn't look likely that I'll requalify for EXP this year. No DBLEQM should help the riffraff problem.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Use of the words "final destination".

+1 Body grease on windows

me: what gate or what time or what seat or whatever. TA: a full novel typed on keyboard

grossness inside setback pocket - or worse, inside the tray table slot in F.

bad ice

useless overhead space in 763/777 center section

43 mile long jetways with 200 people standing (and shaking) in them

normal deserts in meals. why even bother with this rubber tasting garbage? (pseudo cheesecake and other cakes have been horrendous for as long as I can remember)
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM. HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Score8
I wish the FA's were more attractive.

That's right, I said it.
There was a significant and noticeable improvement in this area on my last flight bos-ord.

My issue is that, despite calling repeatedly, they are unwilling to revoke someone's seat assignment to get me out of the middle seat on tonight's lax-bos redeye. I bought my ticket 24 hours ago, they should have been saving one for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.