Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Citi and Barclays Reduced Miles Award / Awards (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Citi and Barclays Reduced Miles Award / Awards (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:22 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by qazw1
I am taking a trip in first week of April. Booked thru AA using the normal number of miles. If Citi ever releases the list of cities for Q2, and my trip is lucky enough to be included, any way to get the reduced miles redemption?

Since the AAgent has to apply a "card code" to book at the lower mileage rate, IMO you'll probably have to cancel your existing award, pay to re-deposit your miles, then re-book with the appropriate citi reduced mileage code.

Now that's not to say that you may get lucky and find an AAgent who's willing to bend the rules...
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Nope, no international destinations offered this quarter through the Citi Reduced Mileage Awards. Its sad that they are gone, hopefully will come back sometime in the future.

No kidding... this was one of the best features of this benefit. Going to the Caribbean for 17.5k miles....
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I called Citi today to see if I could shake loose the list as I may actually have travel to some of the less popular destinations. On my third attempt I got an agnet willing to do more than transfer me to AA. I was told that the Q2 list will be updated on the website on 3/15. I am not putting too much faith into this but am curious what other, if any, responses you may havehad from Citi.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:45 pm

Yet another stellar list of vacation hotspots

Citi 2nd Quarter 2009 - Economy

Travel must originate in the 48 contiguous United States to the destinations listed below:
Award Code Destination

TC20A*
American Express and MasterCard/Visa Gold
TC17X5A**
American Express Select / Platinum Select, MasterCard/Visa Platinum, and MasterCard/Visa Platinum Business

48 contiguous United States to/from:
ABI, ACT, AEX, ATL, BHM, BMI, BTR, CAE, CHA, CID, CLE, CMI, CRP, FNT, GGG, GPT, GRR, GSO, HOU, ICT, ILE, JAN, LEX, LFT, LRD, LSE, MAF, MFE, MKE, MLI, MLU, MOB, MRY, PIA, RST, SAV, SBA, SGF, SHV, SJT, SPS, TLH, TOL, TXK, TYR, TYS, VPS

*Citi card members may refer to the Account Code CBAW8 - which qualifies them for 5,000 miles off of the regular MileSAAver mileage level.
**Citi card members may refer to the Account Code CBAW9 - which qualifies them for 7,500 miles off of the regular MileSAAver mileage level.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pdog02
I am tempted to ask how, but my curiousity has gotten me in trouble before. I was actually hoping for one of those detinations and two others are close alternatives for another on my wish list.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:31 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Thanks, pdog02. I thought about doing this a few days ago, and thought, nah... There's no way we'll have then this early.

For everyone's ease...

ABI (Abilene), ACT (Waco), AEX (Alexandria, LA), ATL, BHM (Birmingham, AL), BMI (Bloomington, IL), BTR, (Baton Rouge), CAE (Columbia, SC), CHA (Chattanooga), CID (Cedar Rapids, IA), CLE (Cleveland), CMI (Champaign, IL), CRP (Corpus Christi), FNT (Flint, MI), GGG (Longview, TX), GPT (Gulfport, MS), GRR (Grand Rapids, MI), GSO (Greensboro, NC), HOU (Houston-Hobby), ICT (Wichita, KS), ILE (Killeen, TX), JAN (Jackson, MS), LEX (Lexington, KY), LFT (Lafayette, LA), LRD (Laredo, TX), LSE (La Crosse, WI), MAF (Midland, TX), MFE (McAllen, TX), MKE (Milwaukee), MLI (Moline, IL), MLU (Monroe, LA), MOB (Mobile, AL), MRY (Monterey, CA), PIA (Peoria, IL), RST (Rochester, MN), SAV (Savannah), SBA (Santa Barbara), SGF (Springfield/Branson, MO), SHV (Shreveport), SJT (San Angelo, TX), SPS (Wichita Falls, TX), TLH (Tallahassee), TOL (Toledo, OH), TXK (Texarkana, AR), TYR (Tyler, TX), TYS (Knoxville), VPS (Ft. Walton Beach)

Exiled in Express, I do believe I sense some sarcasm from pdog02. But I see lots of possibilities here... SBA is about a 94-mile drive to the Getty Museum; BTR is about 90 miles from MSY and could be used to start a foodie tour of the gulf coast (along with GPT and MOB); MRY could be a good starting point for a California road trip. Also, I've used RoadsideAmerica.com to find some curious sights along the way on several road trips, like the Flying Saucer House in CHA.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 3:37 pm

SAV (Savannah), SBA (Santa Barbara), VPS (Ft. Walton Beach)
There are at least three noteables:

SAV is a gateway to HHI
SBA is, well, SBA
VPS -> Destin, FL (Valparaiso/Fort Walton Beach) - home of the softest beach sand
Old Mar 14, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by pdog02
Thanks for that. I need to remember to reference the craptacular reduced miles deals and removal of international destinations as a reason for closing my two remaining AA cards.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Thanks for the Q2 list, ^
I haven't seen it at citi-site yet.

That list kills it for me, I'll be calling to cancel again
now that I have used the $25 retention credit.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PLAT, *wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Q2 list is now posted on aa.com

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...s/2Q09_RMA.jsp

Seems a bit different than the text above, most notably LGA is on the list

Canada and other Internationals are still absent.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:40 am

haha, they include every city in Texas except Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. At least Waco is there - close enough to AUS and DFW for a short drive.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, UA PE
Originally Posted by vrbaba
At least Waco is there - close enough to AUS and DFW for a short drive.
Almost 2 hrs from Waco (ACT) to northern suburbs of Austin, ugh. Not worth it. Of course, YMMV.

Unless...you know of a shorter route than is recommended on Google maps?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by jwking
Almost 2 hrs from Waco (ACT) to northern suburbs of Austin, ugh. Not worth it. Of course, YMMV.

Unless...you know of a shorter route than is recommended on Google maps?
Its been couple of years since I moved from that area. I was thinking it was more like an hour or so. 1 is def. short in my books, while 2 is stretching it a bit. And with the DEQM, its almost worth to buy a ticket from ORD depending on price.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't these used to have discounted int'l offers -- like South America for reduced mileage for certain months? Is that now gone completely?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by dave_SEA
Q2 list is now posted on aa.com

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...s/2Q09_RMA.jsp

Seems a bit different than the text above, most notably LGA is on the list

Canada and other Internationals are still absent.
Dumb question here, but how do you read that chart? Does both originating and destination cities have to show up on that chart in order to get the reduce miles or just one of the cities?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.