Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Citi and Barclays Reduced Miles Award / Awards (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Citi and Barclays Reduced Miles Award / Awards (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pdog02
You can quit hoping, here's the 3q valid cities. No change to mileage, must be booked as round trip. No stopovers. No open jaws.

* American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection (AA*)
* One free Economy Class ticket
* One-Way Flex Award - must be claimed roundtrip
* Award travel must originate in the 48 contiguous United States
* 48 contiguous United States to/from:

Can you share the award codes?
Old May 27, 2009, 9:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Can you share the award codes?
Uhhh... you have to have a Citibank AAdvantage credit card to secure the reduced mileage awards. That's why this thread is titled, "Citi card reduced mileage awards"

If you have the card, you'll know how to get the award. If you don't have the card you can't get the award anyhow.

Regards.
Old May 27, 2009, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Uhhh... you have to have a Citibank AAdvantage credit card to secure the reduced mileage awards. That's why this thread is titled, "Citi card reduced mileage awards"

If you have the card, you'll know how to get the award. If you don't have the card you can't get the award anyhow.

Regards.
I do have the card and know where the current destinations and code is located. I was hoping to get the Q3 code to book while availability is good, I have been having poor luck with that recently.
Old May 27, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I do have the card and know where the current destinations and code is located. I was hoping to get the Q3 code to book while availability is good, I have been having poor luck with that recently.
Sorry I misunderstood. Apologies. So, what did Citi say when you called and ask them? Wouldn't that be the most expedient route for the info you seek?

Regards
Old Jun 1, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
As usual, FT is a wealth of informaton. I was dragging my feet on booking an award tik EWR/SAN mid-July departure until the Q3 destinations came out but I guess I shouldn't be dragging anymore - thanks for the heads up, pdog.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:28 am

Redreeper...
If your current cities aren't on the list, if you're "willing to travel" to LGA.. flights departing from LGA get the reduced mile award.
Hope this helps
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Redreeper...
If your current cities aren't on the list, if you're "willing to travel" to LGA.. flights departing from LGA get the reduced mile award.
Hope this helps
Wow - it does. I don't mind traveling to LGA at all. If you don't mind, I could use a little pointing in the right direction as to how to accomplish this; I see LGA as a destination but not the LGA-SAN combo. Looking at Q2.....
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:35 pm

Redreeper...
Hope this helps
The OP wants to travel to SAN, which needs to be on the list for the reduced awards, regardless from where he departs from.

And not all flights departing from LGA are eligible for the reduced award mileage, only the ones to the destinations on the list.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:26 am

With the new Q3 fares it works for LGA being a departure city OR a destination. I've checked it out.
Now for my "big" question.
I've got several citi cards all eligible for these reduction (Amex, M/C gold and plat). I've checked citi's web site and all they have posted in Q2. I've called Citi directly and they direct me to the web site and then say all they "see" is Q2 also. This is also speaking w/someone stateside. I've tried calling aa directly and am put on hold while they check and sometimes they say that my account's aren't eligible but my DH's are (I've got the same cards as he and I'm the primary).
Is it possible to get the Q3 code for a domestic reduced bus/First awards which I believe is offered for Citi M/C Plat or Citi Amex Select cards which should be 42,500 miles.
Many thanks.
Carolyn
PS, if you choose not to post here could someone possibly PM me with directions on where to look on the citi site for the answer. I've looked everywhere.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:52 am

If I understand your question, and notwithstanding definitive input from someone prior to publishing, you could probably take a good stab at it from looking at the Q1 and Q2 award codes and extrapolating.

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...s/1Q09_RMA.jsp

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...s/2Q09_RMA.jsp
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:06 am

Got lucky today.
Finally called EXP line and got someone who knew what she was doing.
Only took about 10 minutes from start to finish. Also provided me w/code if I was going to book additional tickets.
Thank you to everyone who posts the updated cities and offers prior to Citi's official website's update at beginning of eligible quarter. Without FT and knowledge of eligible cities (departure/arrival) we'd be booking an anytime award at 7500 miles higher from our local BDL. By traveling to LGA Alex will get to fly "up front" for 7500 less miles and we won't have to pay for his luggage.
Carolyn
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:24 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Got lucky today.
Finally called EXP line and got someone who knew what she was doing.
Only took about 10 minutes from start to finish. Also provided me w/code if I was going to book additional tickets.
Thank you to everyone who posts the updated cities and offers prior to Citi's official website's update at beginning of eligible quarter. Without FT and knowledge of eligible cities (departure/arrival) we'd be booking an anytime award at 7500 miles higher from our local BDL. By traveling to LGA Alex will get to fly "up front" for 7500 less miles and we won't have to pay for his luggage.
Carolyn
And that code would be...?

Going by alien's suggestion, the Plat award codes would probably be TD17x5A/UD42x5A for coach/business. Give it a whirl...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:27 pm

I believe the code is UD22X5A for a 42,500 mile award. Not sure if it's for the Citi Amex Select or Citi Plat M/C since the the award code had to be checked to see if I "qualified" (knowing I had all the cards anyway).
Hope this helps someone.
Carolyn
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:15 pm

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...?screenID=1754

List and codes are now public. ^ for Citi actually ding this before the quarter begins!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:05 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by LGA
And that code would be...?

Going by alien's suggestion, the Plat award codes would probably be TD17x5A/UD42x5A for coach/business. Give it a whirl...
Thanks, Exiled! So it's TD8X7A and UD21X2A for coach and first/business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.