Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat swapping etiquette on AA (etiquette discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PLT
Usually I am fine with swapping in J or F because I really don't care if I have a aisle or window seat. But in coach, no way. There are some really bad seats back there.

Once, many years ago, I was travelling with my son who was about 8. He was always tall for his age so looked a couple of years older. A lady asked if he could swap seats with her daughter so they could sit together because she was "too young" to sit by herself, and the gate agent hadn't fixed it. I said ok as he had travelled a lot and had no problem with sitting by himself. Turned out the daughter was 12, so 4 years older than my son. But he was fine being away from mom for the flight.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA exp
Originally Posted by andset1191
I recently did a LAX-JFK in business, in seat 6D.

At boarding, two men in 6A and 6F identified themselves as being together and were rather unhappy that I refused to swap with either as I stated I would far rather an aisle seat.

Was I being unreasonable?
You were totally in the right!! I hate it when people ask me to do that and then act offended when you won't. We take aisle seats for a reason! Don't even think about it another second.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Allan38103
It's perfectly OK for someone to ask if you will switch.

It's perfectly OK to switch if you want.

Or not.
This. Plus no attitude on the part of either party.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:58 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by andset1191
I recently did a LAX-JFK in business, in seat 6D.

At boarding, two men in 6A and 6F identified themselves as being together and were rather unhappy that I refused to swap with either as I stated I would far rather an aisle seat.

Was I being unreasonable?
And about the pax at 6C?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.