Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Could the T-6 gates be used as a dedicated transcon terminal?
Old May 30, 2014, 5:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Could the T-6 gates be used as a dedicated transcon terminal?
Wouldn't make much sense as they'd take people away from the Flagship Lounge.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:10 pm

Well, it looks like AS runs flights to YVR, GDL, MEX from T6, in addition to some domestics - STS, PDX, SEA, MFR. We'll see what AA puts in there. AA has codeshares for all of that AS service, so it wouldn't shock me if they take a lot of the AA pax connecting to AA en route to Mexico and put them at T6. AA might run some international service there as well, presuming that the ICE/CBP facility in T6 is shared. At a minimum, it'd make sense to locate the traffic feeding AS to Mexico there.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Well, it looks like AS runs flights to YVR, GDL, MEX from T6, in addition to some domestics - STS, PDX, SEA, MFR. We'll see what AA puts in there. AA has codeshares for all of that AS service, so it wouldn't shock me if they take a lot of the AA pax connecting to AA en route to Mexico and put them at T6. AA might run some international service there as well, presuming that the ICE/CBP facility in T6 is shared. At a minimum, it'd make sense to locate the traffic feeding AS to Mexico there.
I am told 60 to 63 do note have sterile access to the FIS facility.

My money is on those gates being the new US gates when AA has to move out of T3 owing to the DOJ settlement.
Old May 31, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by CMK10
Back in the CO days, for a while they used Terminal A at EWR for flights that were primarily O/D: BOS, DCA, ATL, DFW and I think one other one I can't remember. Maybe AA will use T6 for flights that few people connect to.
ORD operated from EWR Terminal A as well IIRC.

Back on topic, I am sure AA will attempt to set a schedule that simplifies airport operations and with a little luck minimizes the number of passengers running from one terminal to another with close connections.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I am told 60 to 63 do note have sterile access to the FIS facility.

My money is on those gates being the new US gates when AA has to move out of T3 owing to the DOJ settlement.
AA does not have to move out of T3. It has one gate in T3 and the other two were already given up and are common use, with AA allowed to use them.

I think it would be foolish for AA to give up its T3 space in an airport where gate real estate is so in demand. Long term, that space can be trade for gates in the new Midfield Concourse.

What should be tone with T3 is simple: all flights to and from Phoenix operate from T3. Those flights see very little connecting traffic.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but CBS Boston is running an article quoting AA's Jim Carter, speculating somewhat vaguely about additional routes out of BOS:

Logan Airport now has 105 AA departures a day and according to Carter could add more service as the merger is completed. The first step could be a resumption of service between Boston and San Francisco.
“I would not be surprised to see a few more dots on the map,” said Carter.
Story here: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/3...ger-takes-off/
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by MAH4546
AA does not have to move out of T3. It has one gate in T3 and the other two were already given up and are common use, with AA allowed to use them.

I think it would be foolish for AA to give up its T3 space in an airport where gate real estate is so in demand. Long term, that space can be trade for gates in the new Midfield Concourse.
What's unclear to me is whether the deal with LAWA for those T6 gates included trading away the one T3 gate -- I haven't seen any mention either way.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dtremit
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but CBS Boston is running an article quoting AA's Jim Carter, speculating somewhat vaguely about additional routes out of BOS:
If new AA can combine old AA's customer base with US's destinations there would be instant revenue, load and yield growth. With reciprocal upgrades starting I'll throw US one of my nonstop roundtrips where they go head to head with B6 and see if US F out of the wrong end of B is better than B6 Y out of C. I'm honestly not sure what the result will be.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
When it did happen? Did they tried it before? They tried JFK-LAX/SFO, as well. It didn't work out well. Way too much competitive against UA, AA, DL.
Uncertain as to what you mean. Who is the "it" and "they" to which you refer?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Indelaware
Uncertain as to what you mean. Who is the "it" and "they" to which you refer?
You have to give my friend M830MH some leeway - he uses an alternative to normal typing that you or I take for granted.

M830MH is asking about the schedule given for LAX-SFO - when was it announced? Had AA tried that route in the past?

On another note, the US/HP merger marked the end of a lot of transcon HP flights, using PHX as a connecting point for much of that traffic. Given HP's size relative to even US at the time (1/3 US' size) and a lot smaller than AA, they did OK with their transcons.

Jim
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy

M830MH is asking about the schedule given for LAX-SFO - when was it announced? Had AA tried that route in the past?
AA has flown LAX-SFO continuously for probably over 40+ years. It's not new.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: None
I guess the earlier post was about US(AA) adding the route then...

Jim
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I believe it was added around the time of deregulation (it appears in their 1979 timetable).
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Hell, US used to fly it.....a little airline they acquired ruined known as PSA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.