FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1649529-archive-routes-flights-hubs-speculation-news-discussion.html)

miamigrad Dec 9, 13 10:50 am

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

This thread is dedicated to discussion of current, and announced, routes of the new American Airlines (comprised of American Airlines and US Airways), changes to existing service levels (reductions, enhancements, drops) as well as speculation for future routes within the network.

This thread is an archive. For the current thread, head here:

Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion - 2016 on)

~ New American Forum Moderation Team

ellinj Dec 9, 13 3:12 pm

Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion) [Archive]

if anyone out in AA land is listening, please give me PVD-ORD.

Peter T. Dec 9, 13 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by miamigrad (Post 21932135)
...as well as speculation for future routes within the network.

~ New American Forum Moderation Team

Hell, why not. You asked for it.

I think one longtime forum member (not me) thinks making SJC a AA hub would be a great idea. We can't have enough discussion on this topic.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2prbdk3.jpg

SSF556 Dec 9, 13 4:25 pm

GSP to MIA and I will leave Delta...just saying

aztimm Dec 9, 13 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Peter T. (Post 21934443)
Hell, why not. You asked for it.

I think one longtime forum member (not me) thinks making SJC a AA hub would be a great idea. We can't have enough discussion on this topic.

ha! years ago, back in 1989 I think, I flew MRY-SJC-LAX, through the SJC hub, on AA. with changing and all, it probably would have been faster to just drive (and that's what I did the next trip down).

dirkman Dec 9, 13 7:04 pm

Buh Bye

Buh Bye PHX and PHL. I won't miss ya.

Love,

Wishful Thinking

beofotch Dec 9, 13 7:12 pm

I am stocking up now on British Airways Avios for awesomely cheap flights from Charlotte once US Airways goes oneworld

dukerau Dec 9, 13 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch (Post 21935409)
I am stocking up now on British Airways Avios for awesomely cheap flights from Charlotte once US Airways goes oneworld

Here's hoping. Being based in CLT with family and friends all around the southeast, that's the one big bright spot in this merger for me.

missingPI Dec 9, 13 8:21 pm

How about twice daily ROA-ORD to go at UA. I will be heading for trial preferred in January and that would be sweet

lizs Dec 9, 13 8:42 pm

As a Phoenix native I'm going to miss the hub presence when it eventually happens. Although I'm currently living/flying out of SNA the ability to fly almost anywhere nonstop when I was in Phoenix was great - easy airport, typically short security lines, very rare weather delays, etc.

SFOPhD Dec 9, 13 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by dirkman (Post 21935374)
Buh Bye PHX and PHL. I won't miss ya.

Love,

Wishful Thinking

Originally Posted by lizs (Post 21935876)
As a Phoenix native I'm going to miss the hub presence when it eventually happens. Although I'm currently living/flying out of SNA the ability to fly almost anywhere nonstop when I was in Phoenix was great - easy airport, typically short security lines, very rare weather delays, etc.

DOJ forced status quo at all hubs for at least three years. And I'd argue that three years is a long time and anything can happen...

cubachao Dec 9, 13 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau (Post 21935756)
Here's hoping. Being based in CLT with family and friends all around the southeast, that's the one big bright spot in this merger for me.

Hope BA won't change their rules after Us join in OW.

ty97 Dec 9, 13 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD (Post 21936561)
DOJ forced status quo at all hubs for at least three years. And I'd argue that three years is a long time and anything can happen...

Does anyone know where the details of this portion of the settlement can be found? I remember details being reported (at the time of settlement) that there is some 'out' language relative to the market/business factors changing. However, I was not able to find anything related to the hub agreement at all in the DOJ or DOT settlement docs?

I believe the maintenance of the hubs for X years was part of the settlement with the various state AGs (not DOJ or DOT directly) so perhaps that's why I can't find a centralized settlement document. Can anyone point me to the specific settlement document / language that covers hub and service level maintenance?

FYI, this is what I do have (which doesn't seem to include the hub/service level maintenance agreement)
DOJ Proposed Final Judgement (divesture of slots/gates) - http://www.justice.gov/atr/cases/f301600/301624.pdf
DOT agreement (usage of DCA commuter slots for small/medium airports) - http://www.dot.gov/sites/dot.dev/fil...DOT_US_AA_.pdf

N830MH Dec 10, 13 12:00 am

International routes:

PHX-NAS/SDQ/MBJ/KIN/CZM/ZIH/PTY/GUA/BZE/NRT/SYD/MEL/BNE/PPT/AKL/HKG/FPO/MHH/MGA

MIA-TLV/JNB/CPT/NBO/DKR/SID/CAI/AMM/DXB/DOH/AUH/IPC

Domestic USA routes:

MIA-HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH/SNA/SMF/RNO/SLC/FAR/FSD/CID/DSM/FNT/PWM/MHT/BTV

MIA-PDX/EUG/RDD/COS/GJT/ICT/OMA/ELP/LBB/CRP/BHM/HSV/MOB/JAN/MEM/TYS

MIA-TRI/PIA/BMI/TVC/GRR/AVL/MYR/GPT/BTR/SHV

PHX-JAX/CHS/CAE/MOB/BHM/HSV/SHV/BTR/GPT/LBB/GNV/DAB/SAV/ITO/PPG/GUM.

Let the speculation begin.

Pucnit Dec 10, 13 12:07 am

Routes and Hubs (Speculation Discussion)

PHX will slowly die down once service has been sent to LAX.

CLT may see movement of some flights to DFW and MIA but will stay a good focus city.

PHL will be another domestic hub for AA. There just isn't the capacity at LGA, JFK or ORD for all the flights that PHL handles. Expect to see LGA-PHL shuttle service on the old American Eagle ERDs. :)