Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Nadi would be an interesting add to the network.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
IST would be a crapshoot with TK flying everywhere, and CAI doesn't seem prudent given political instability. I could be wrong, but RUH seems well-served with one-stops via the ME3. AMM is already served by OW partner RJ.

CMN and NBO would both be interesting.
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
I'm going to predict that the mystery route involves:

IST
CAI
RUH
CMN
NBO
AMM

This is all exciting - especially for a leisure EXP who has yet to book any travel using SWU's for 2016.
I don't think the US Government allows direct flights from NBO to the US as they aren't confident in their security checks. Otherwise I think DL would already have or at least tried an ATL/NBO as they could get some extra feed from KQ.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
is that a hint?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kop84
I don't think the US Government allows direct flights from NBO to the US as they aren't confident in their security checks. Otherwise I think DL would already have or at least tried an ATL/NBO as they could get some extra feed from KQ.
Having been through NBO security in the not too distant past, I would concur
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by scnzzz
Having been through NBO security in the not too distant past, I would concur
http://www.eturbonews.com/59526/nair...-1-required-us

And this confirms our suspicions! Not even FedEx or UPS can fly direct to NBO!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by kop84
Yeah, Delta had NBO as a future route (press release announcement) which got to within a month of starting service (so they had sold tickets). It was a tag leg from DKR or LOS (can't remember which). But the TSA denied them permission to start the route due to security concerns at NBO.

So I too was going to suggest NBO as a possible off-the-wall AA destination, but this puts the kibosh in that idea more than any pesky concerns about profitability.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ubernostrum
So, let's talk about AMS for a moment.

Right now, AA simply does not fly there; the only option is take a connection on another OW carrier. US does fly there from PHL, but on a ratty old 757.
Had a look at PHL-AMS for summer next year in J, but USdbaAA still flies this ratty plane. Why is this not upgraded to full flatbed?? I ain't no spending $$$ to fly in a domestic F to Europe.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:25 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Wow. Talk about left field. 75L ex-HNL?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
is that a hint?
If that was a hint, I'd hate to see outright spillage of information.

Let's wargame this:

If AA starts a NAN route, what would it be? LAX-NAN? PHX-NAN? DFW-NAN? Lower 48-HNL-NAN? LAX-NAN-AKL? DFW-NAN-AKL?

Last edited by discoverCSG; Oct 15, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Just to be clear; the route -I'm- talking about isn't NAN-- or anywhere remotely near it. Not to say there aren't/can't be several legit rumors at any given time, but, didn't want anyone to think this is the same as what I mentioned-- a route that is hard to believe but that I fully expect to come to fruition.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Just to be clear; the route -I'm- talking about isn't NAN-- or anywhere remotely near it. Not to say there aren't/can't be several legit rumors at any given time, but, didn't want anyone to think this is the same as what I mentioned-- a route that is hard to believe but that I fully expect to come to fruition.
LAX - Pyongyang?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Phl or JFk to Reykjavik
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
LAX - Pyongyang?
Codeshare with Air Koryo? Maybe a joint venture even?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
is that a hint?
No sorry I was literally thinking out load. I have no idea what it is. Just saying it could be cool - no U.S. carrier in that region aside from Delta from Tokyo to Palau.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Had a look at PHL-AMS for summer next year in J, but USdbaAA still flies this ratty plane. Why is this not upgraded to full flatbed?? I ain't no spending $$$ to fly in a domestic F to Europe.
The Business Class seats on the trans-Atlantic 757 flights are much better than domestic F. They are the old Envoy seats from the Airbus fleet from before the pods got installed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.