Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Any idea on dates? I will be booking an Ireland trip this week.

I'd like to see a DFW/Ireland route, but I'm assuming the demand probably isn't there as it has always been ORD/DUB or JFK/DUB only.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would put this rumor at 5%. PR or web services may have released something ahead by mistake, but they probably just made a mistake in a release.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by hillrider
Sorry; JFK-DUB is an existing route. I think they may be announcing JFK-SNN next.
Will go ahead and drop this into the route discussion/speculation thread in the post-consolidation forum.

~Moderator
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by hillrider
Sorry; JFK-DUB is an existing route. I think they may be announcing JFK-SNN next.
I don't think so. Aer Lingus and Delta already fly JFK-SNN, plus United flies EWR-SNN. So the NYC-SNN market is already well served.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Austin787
I don't think so. Aer Lingus and Delta already fly JFK-SNN, plus United flies EWR-SNN. So the NYC-SNN market is already well served.
And it seems likely that Aer Lingus will be joining the AA/BA/IB/AY joint venture fairly soon, so AA will get JFK-SNN that way anyway.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:46 pm

I am not sure how much of the schedule is loaded, however it looks like PHL-ZRH only runs until 9/29 this year compared to 10/24 last year. Though it might simply be that the schedule hasn't been loaded yet.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:50 pm

Longhaul Route Announcement Tomorrow

On airliners.net, everyone's saying Parker's going to make at least one (if not more) long haul route announcement tomorrow in Miami (not necessarily a MIA route though). Thinking is that it's the long rumored MIA-South Africa route (which would be great for avoiding the LHR detour and awards fees on BA). The other frontrunner is MIA-NRT, also long rumored.

Other possibilities being kicked around are MIA-TLV, LAX-PEK, and perhaps DFW/LAX-AKL.

Last edited by GSP flyer; Jun 8, 2015 at 7:19 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I was hoping PHX-LHR/FRA or NRT. I have doubt it. We'll see.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GSP flyer
On airliners.net, everyone's saying Parker's going to make at least one (if not more) long haul route announcement tomorrow in Miami (not necessarily a MIA route though).
Definitely hearing (and have been reporting on TB) the same-- *major* new route announce imminent.
http://www.travelingbetter.com/showthread.php?t=5922
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by GSP flyer
On airliners.net, everyone's saying Parker's going to make at least one (if not more) long haul route announcement tomorrow in Miami (not necessarily a MIA route though). Thinking is that it's the long rumored MIA-South Africa route (which would be great for avoiding the LHR detour and awards fees on BA. The other frontrunner is MIA-NRT, also long rumored.

Other possibilities being kicked around are MIA-TLV, LAX-PEK, and perhaps DFW/LAX-AKL.
Sounds like a new intercontinental destination from MIA which American doesn't currently serve from one of its other hubs. My guess would be JNB on the 788.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:24 pm
Suspended

As another member of FT informed me:

"Keep in mind all major airline CEOs are in MIA for IATA so maybe not MIA focused"

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/06/...-off-in-miami/
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by N830MH
I was hoping PHX-LHR/FRA or NRT. I have doubt it. We'll see.
BA already does PHX-LHR on a daily 744. Not sure there's enough demand for the route to justify the size of plane required to fly it, especially since PHX is sandwiched between DFW and LAX.

And FRA feels even less likely; not even LH seems to think the route is worth it, and they'll send an A340 from FRA to just about anywhere, plus AA seems to strongly prefer not to actually fly to many places on the continent, instead just shuffling everyone through LHR and onto BA.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Longboater
Sounds like a new intercontinental destination from MIA which American doesn't currently serve from one of its other hubs. My guess would be JNB on the 788.
I bet it's JNB as well, but can the 788 make the flight without restrictions?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by morrisunc
I bet it's JNB as well, but can the 788 make the flight without restrictions?
There's some thinking that it could end up as a triangle route MIA-JNB-CPT-MIA due to the fact that JNB is a rather hot and high airport.

On a completely separate note, a route that I'd like to see announced from MIA that's a bit less flashy would be MIA-CTG. I'm looking at spending a week and a half in Colombia and having to do GSP-CLT/DCA-MIA-BOG-CTG is.....annoying. I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet and more surprised that DL is doing CTG first.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Just a reminder again that all major airline CEOs are in MIA for IATA annual meeting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.