Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
The CLT-FRA explanations make more sense now - thanks. With the prior AA cuts to FRA, I was surprised to see it remain for both CLT and PHL.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Any reason why FRA out of CLT instead of some other hub? I can't imagine much onward connecting traffic with the *A partnership gone, but perhaps I'm missing a reason for FRA O/D traffic.
FRA-CLT existed a decade before US joined Star. There is a lot of military traffic on it flying between the Carolinas and the miltary bases in SW Germany. And according to some of the FAs I've talked to on the flights, it carries a lot of cargo. DL flies to FRA from ATL, DTW, and JFK with no alliance feed either.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Also remember that the German economy is one of the brighter spots in Europe at the moment.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA

Any possibility that new AA might restore either JFK or ORD (or both)?
JFK/ORD-FRA with a pair of 789s seems like it would work to this route strategy novice.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Fanjet
FRA-CLT existed a decade before US joined Star. There is a lot of military traffic on it flying between the Carolinas and the miltary bases in SW Germany. And according to some of the FAs I've talked to on the flights, it carries a lot of cargo. DL flies to FRA from ATL, DTW, and JFK with no alliance feed either.
FRA is also a huge financial center, presumably with fairly significant ties to the large banking presence in CLT.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Frankfurt is also Germany's primary financial center, while Charlotte has the HQ of Bank of America, and formerly had the HQ of Wachovia (which has now become the east-coast center for Wells Fargo post-acquisition). Maintaining at least a single daily service probably makes sense, between that and the easy connections to other parts of the US South/Southeast
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
AA adding flights from Miami to Austin, Kansas City, Salt Lake City, San Antonio

AA is expanding its flying out of MIA with four new destinations.

This was published earlier (in our newsroom).

American to Link Miami to Austin, Kansas City, Salt Lake City, San Antonio
American Airlines said it will expand its flying out of its Miami hub by adding four new destinations.

Starting March 5, 2015, the Fort Worth-based airline will offer service from Miami International Airport to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, Kansas City International Airport, Salt Lake City International Airport, and San Antonio International Airport. Tickets go on sale starting October 5....

<SNIP>
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by jspira
Will go ahead and merge this into the extant thread discussing route announcements and news.

~Moderator
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by jspira

This was published earlier (in our newsroom).

American to Link Miami to Austin, Kansas City, Salt Lake City, San Antonio
Great news ! Exactly what I wanted to hear from AA ! Now it will be one stop flights to most Caribbean destinations from SAT. SAT will also get its first AA 737 flights. I am not sure if they had before. It has always been S80s and ERJs for last few years atleast. The timings also work well with Caribbean flights.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I wish the AUS and SAT flights had better times. I tend to leave MIA in the early AM and return after 5PM. Still looking at the DFW connection for me.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Excited to see the new MIA flights added, hopefully they do well enough to stick around. Now if they would just add MCI-LAX!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
When did DFW/OGG change to 2X daily? Def a pleasant surprise!
This year. They took the plane(s) that did the ORD/HNL seasonal route (summer & winter holiday), or so I was told...
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by GSSmith
Excited to see the new MIA flights added, hopefully they do well enough to stick around. Now if they would just add MCI-LAX!
I wouldn't be surprised if that was added given that Mesa has acquired a number of CR9s lately. They recently started LAX-OKC.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Some tangential comments, and replies thereto, alluding to Doug Parker and meal times potentially changing to reduce costs have been removed.

We will not allow every thread to be devolved into a "Doug Parker sucks"-fest. Members who can't stay on topic and insist on driving threads into the ditch of CEO-hating are put on warning.

~Moderator
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Good luck to RDU:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.VDQFoxbgVsk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.