Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPA-NYC Nonstops Eliminated as of May 7 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Another fine product of this USeless merger...
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Originally Posted by jimd60
For what it's worth I have used MCO vs TPA for Tampa trips due to a reasonable cost difference out of PHL a number of times. The drive is about 75 min depending where in Tampa you are but for a non stop and larger plane it is not a deal breaker.
Yeah, I thought about this, but the extra 45 min to MCO doesn't excite me (I live in Fishhawk, FL). I think I'll take DL for my NYC trips going forward...
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hyatt Globalist
Unhappy Why has AA dropped the JFK-TPA direct flight?

I fly the JFK-TPA route fairly frequently. This year I flew it once in January, and then for a variety of reasons, didn't do so again until May. However AA no longer seems to offer the non-stop route. Does this have anything to do with the merger? Most of the routes offered now are US flights with a stop; it doubles my flight time plus no upgrades on US metal until they integrate the system. The old flight was on AA Eagle (with an actual meal service in F - not hot, but not bad). Does anyone wiser than me know whether this was a merger related issue or not?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There is a thread on this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fk+tpa+nonstop
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:25 pm

Unhappy Thanks

Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:36 pm

Thanks

Thanks. I guess there isn't much I can do other than fly through MIA if I want to stay on AA metal.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by lcflyer
Thanks. I guess there isn't much I can do other than fly through MIA if I want to stay on AA metal.
MCO would be much closer. Also, there is a PBI/LGA flight. Outside of MIA and MCO there is not much out of NYC to Florida direct. If you are in it for EQMs IIRC LGA/ORD/TPA is a valid routing. I did it numerous times when I lived in NYC, often cost less than the direct flight from JFK.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott PP
Does anyone know if AA/US will re-instate the TPA-JFK nonstop flight? I find it hard to believe that a TPA-NYC direct route is not profitable for the airline...

Delta has several daily flights to JFK and LGA from TPA.

As a frequent frequent flyer to LGA from TPA, it is very time consuming to connect through MIA or ORD... Not to mention the 5:10am flight TPA-CLT, to connect with the 7:55am CLT-LGA on weekday mornings.

Thoughts?
Old May 6, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by SuperAA
Does anyone know if AA/US will re-instate the TPA-JFK nonstop flight? I find it hard to believe that a TPA-NYC direct route is not profitable for the airline...

As a frequent frequent flyer to LGA from TPA, it is very time consuming to connect through MIA or ORD... Not to mention the 5:10am flight TPA-CLT, to connect with the 7:55am CLT-LGA on weekday mornings.

Thoughts?
AA must believe that it can make more money by using its slots at LGA/JFK on other routes. Whether AA is correct about that, I do not know.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SuperAA

Thoughts?
You might want to weigh the pros and cons of flying the Delta nonstops. You obviously prefer AA status, but spending several additional hours traveling each way is a large price to pay in time for AA benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.