TPA-NYC Nonstops Eliminated as of May 7 2014

Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 5 MM, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Hogwarts Express
TPA-NYC Nonstops Eliminated as of May 7 2014

I just received an email with a complete itinerary change because AA will discontinue non stops between TPA and JFK. What the heck? Half of my LHR flights were out of JFK...guess it's going to be JetBlue to pick up my LHR flights. Anyone else concerned?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
All part of the US acquisition of AA. The route will now be served by US which hubs at CLT. Lots of options, but all require a connection, generally at CLT.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by mypins
Half of my LHR flights were out of JFK...guess it's going to be JetBlue to pick up my LHR flights.
Or you could just take LHR flights out of PHL or CLT...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Or MIA. The TPA flight(s) were there strictly for international feed. Between PHL, CLT, and MIA you have all of the destinations covered that are on AA metal and many One World/Codeshare connections. The few that aren't probably just don't have the traffic to justify the route.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by sts603
Or MIA. The TPA flight(s) were there strictly for international feed. Between PHL, CLT, and MIA you have all of the destinations covered that are on AA metal and many One World/Codeshare connections. The few that aren't probably just don't have the traffic to justify the route.
Short-haul flights into NYC head to LGA for O&D traffic. The JFK flights have been dying anyway (express carrier and the like).
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
This is terrible new for me. :-( flights to or through JFK usually price the lowest for me.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Originally Posted by Often1
Short-haul flights into NYC head to LGA for O&D traffic. The JFK flights have been dying anyway (express carrier and the like).
Provides a little insight as to what the new AA's strategy might be going forward.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
All part of the US acquisition of AA. The route will now be served by US which hubs at CLT. Lots of options, but all require a connection, generally at CLT.
Well hello B6 !
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: AA, UA
JetBlue and Delta fly JFK-TPA nonstop.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FAA1996
This is terrible new for me. :-( flights to or through JFK usually price the lowest for me.
Which means that they are either losing money or are less profitable than other alternatives...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
TPA-NYC Nonstops Eliminated as of May 7

I avoided the JFK TPA because they were CRJ despite being AA elite and go thru CLT due to being able to MoveUP.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Doesn't BA also have a flight out of TPA to LHR? Or does that go to LGW? Anyway, if you're already booked, have them route you via MIA or PHL. Is it that much of a loss? A 2.5 hour flight on a CR7 sounds kind of brutal. I wonder what (international) city they will replace this flight with out of JFK...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Or does that go to LGW?
Goes to LGW.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat
bad news for me. now the direct flight that gets me closest to home from nyc is to MIA...

really considering switching to UA for the hometown connection at this point (would go to Delta, but for the skypeso).
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I wonder what (international) city they will replace this flight with out of JFK...
Some possibilities:
1) launch the long-rumored JFK-TLV flight
2) start JFK-PHL
3) sell the slot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.