Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: AA GLD (thanks to this board!!), UA, MA
deleted, oops
Old May 20, 2006, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Rod Stewart from Miami to New York.
Old May 21, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
Mary McAleese

President of Ireland, yesterday, DEN-ORD on AA 1400 en route, presumably, to Notre Dame.

Enormous (for the Prez of a small country that we like) security force: 10 vehicles on the ground, at least 10 "protection" types (ours and hers; and including a very pleasant young woman across the aisle from me in row 4 with an enormous freaking Glock on her hip...) on board.

Additional protection, though, didn't warrent additional catering: pretzels and sesame sticks were all they had on offer.

I did have two double Baileys on the rocks in honor of the distingushed company.
Old May 21, 2006, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bostom
President of Ireland, yesterday, DEN-ORD on AA 1400 en route, presumably, to Notre Dame.

Enormous (for the Prez of a small country that we like) security force: 10 vehicles on the ground, at least 10 "protection" types (ours and hers; and including a very pleasant young woman across the aisle from me in row 4 with an enormous freaking Glock on her hip...) on board.
Would have given a lot to watch the TSA zombie stare at the Glock riding the belt past her screen.
Old May 21, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
That's how we knew who it was

Originally Posted by gemac
Would have given a lot to watch the TSA zombie stare at the Glock riding the belt past her screen.
From the gate, we could see the caravan (coupla' war wagons, police, airport security, etc.) and what seemed like the entire uniformed Denver TSA staff on the tarmac going through these "people's" bags and persons and at this point we had no idea who was whom.

Several of us at the window wondered what it took to warrant this level of service: they were thorough. There had to be at least a half-dozen US Secret Service/Federal Protection types with the fashionable coiled-cord-into-shirt-collar accessories as well as three or four more with brogues on the flight. And the fair colleen across from me. Some of 'em did not appear to be happy relegated to like, aisle 25, but I guess they want 'em spread out even if the Prez is in 2F.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:02 pm

Late '80s: Kip Winger. I always hoped I'd be able to brag about this important celebrity sighting.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA GLD (thanks to this board!!), UA, MA
Originally Posted by davidavid237
Late '80s: Kip Winger. I always hoped I'd be able to brag about this important celebrity sighting.
Hee. I actually went to high school with Kip Winger's cousin. He made numerous appearances at our football games and such....
Old May 22, 2006, 6:23 pm

Flew with Pele on flight 951 to Sao Paulo back in April. Saw at check in at JFK and then again at customs in GRU.
Old May 27, 2006, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AA - Plat, HHonors - Gold
Sat across from Scott Baio on American Eagle flight from AXA to SJU and on another trip from AXA to SJU sat behind Kevin Bacon.
Old May 27, 2006, 7:40 am

Senator Obama

pretty stoked to see Barak Obama get on a recent ORD > LGA flight.
He boarded the flight last, grabbed one of the front seats in coach.
Old May 27, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: AA-Exp 4MM
JFK to LAX sat next to John Landis (Producer/Director). He was very nice, talked about tons of interesting things. Very nice guy. We were in Business, his wife did not get into Business or First, bad for her, nice for me.
Old May 31, 2006, 5:32 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Since TWA is a part of AA now, years ago I flew on a TWA flight from NYC to either PBI or FLL and GARY DELABOTE (BA BA BOOEY) from the Howard Stern show was on my flight....in economy!
Old May 31, 2006, 5:55 am

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
When I had the pleasure of working at AA I saw and talk to Alot of stars and famous people working for the Plat Desk

But I think the most Famous Person I actually saw and got to Meet was John Travolta.

He use to recertify His Pilot Lic at AA Training Facility. That was awesome
Old May 31, 2006, 6:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage 1MM, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by SAFLYER66
When I had the pleasure of working at AA I saw and talk to Alot of stars and famous people working for the Plat Desk

But I think the most Famous Person I actually saw and got to Meet was John Travolta.

He use to recertify His Pilot Lic at AA Training Facility. That was awesome

I once flew on Southwest with Governor George Bush. And, last year my wife and I were leaving the AC at ORD and rode in the elevator with Wanda Sikes.

And of course, I have flown many times with Mrs. Bob.
Old May 31, 2006, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by SAFLYER66
I think the most Famous Person I actually saw and got to Meet was John Travolta.

He use to recertify His Pilot Lic at AA Training Facility.
He still does, and he visits the simulator there at least twice a year. He buys pizza for the pilots who are there when he visits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.