Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 6:27 pm

Yesterday, 4/27
Ron Jeremy at LAX in the terminal after arriving from LAS.

I said, "hey" but did not want to shake his hand..
Old Apr 28, 2005, 6:28 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Yesterday, 4/27
Ron Jeremy at LAX in the terminal after arriving from LAS.

I said, "hey" but did not want to shake his hand..
So, you recognized his...face...?

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Gold, Hertz
Dmx - Lga 4/24

I saw DMX in the Admirals Club - LGA on April 24th.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:53 pm
oec

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
I've seen Ron Jeremy in LAX a couple of times. The last time was on 1/21 as he was picking up his BP at the FC ticket counter. Incidentally, I've seen him around L.A. in restaurants too. Fortunately, he was fully clothed.

I've also seen Eddie Izzard (not in drag) in the AC in SFO, and Shirley Manson from Garbage on a flight from SFO-LAX. Oh, and last year I was on a flight with Quincy Jones, who was very friendly and chatted with fellow pax, most of whom showered him with praise.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Geoffrey Rush at LAX getting off a flight at gate 43 on April 14.

February 17th--- Kelly Osborne and friend sneaking into the LAX AC through the exit as I was leaving... glad I could be of assistance to Ozzy and Sharon's little darling!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA,DL,UA,US
4/23 in the LAX Admirals Club:

1. Peter Boyle (Father in Everybody Loves Raymond). Very nice man! We had a delay on our flight to Chicago and he was bored and wandering around and taking in the sights in the LAX Club.

2. Suzanne Summers. As much as I used to, ahem...think about her when she was in Three's Company, I would rather forget about her now...if ya' know what I mean.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:41 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by G- five
2. Suzanne Summers. As much as I used to, ahem...think about her when she was in Three's Company, I would rather forget about her now...if ya' know what I mean.
Ouch!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by G- five
4/23 in the LAX Admirals Club:

1. Peter Boyle (Father in Everybody Loves Raymond). Very nice man! We had a delay on our flight to Chicago and he was bored and wandering around and taking in the sights in the LAX Club.
He was on my flight. Great guy. Sluggo and Peter Boyle

Also back in January, saw Ron Jeremy at JFK after the flight above...yes, he is just as ugly in person as he is in his videos.

Last flight had Mcauley Culkin. He's a lot smaller than I expected.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:19 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
Never mind
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:34 am

Programs: AA,DL,UA,US
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
He was on my flight. Great guy. Sluggo and Peter Boyle

Also back in January, saw Ron Jeremy at JFK after the flight above...yes, he is just as ugly in person as he is in his videos.

He does not look good in that picture. He looked much better the other day when I saw him.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Platinum; SPG Gold; Priority Club/IHG Platinum Ambassador
Sir Richard Branson Flew AA, Denied Pillow

Being that my original thread was completely hijacked by "vacuous posts", I figure I would try reposting using NYCFFLyer's suggested thread title.
I really do find it interesting that Sir Richard selected to fly AA to Miami, although his only other commercial non-stop redeye would be America West. I spoke to him briefly and he told me he had been invited for the opening of Wynn which he was very impressed with and was then flying to Miami in order to connect to Necker Island.

The funny part for those who missed it was the fact that Sir Richard had asked one of the nicest FA's I have encountered in a long time for a pillow... I assume not knowing about the wonderful AA cutbacks. She lets him know that unfortunately AA doesn't have pillows anymore... but asked him "do you think you could put in a call to our CEO?" He DID however get a copy of a sampler CD of Elvis Presley music along with information on the upcoming CBS special on Elvis (cheap promo!!).

I would figure if Steve Wynn were the smart one, he would offer the Wynn jet to Sir Richard. However, once again, I must reiterate that from everything I saw and encountered with him, he is a very gracious and humble guy. Thinking about it, it really doesn't surprise me that he would fly commercial just like the rest of us. Now flying an AA 757 in F is definitely slumming it...

Here is the thread to the original post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427005

And the pictures again... warning, these were taken after a redeye flight so he may look a little groggy! (and on my cell phone so one is real blurry)

Picture 1
Picture 2

Enjoy.

-Eli
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:53 pm

Location: Lahaina,HI USA AA PLT 9 Million Miles+, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz No. 1 Club Gold, Starwood Platinum,OnePass Gold Elite,+++
Very Cool!
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Seeing as this is already x-posted in Virgin Flying Club... how many threads will be started on this very incident?
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:44 pm

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Very very cool!

OT: My father happened to be sitting next to Magic Johnson years back in F on a DL flight.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the photos. I probably know who he is.

Maybe he just feels like being ordinary for a few hours, being surrounded by ordinary people and flying an ordinary airline so he can feel how great he is and his airline is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.